T Nation

New to Half Body Routines, Input?

As the topic says, i have been sticking to a push/pull/legs where every muscle is hit every 5th for almost 1½ year and before that less frequent routines and i thought it's time to change things up a bit.
So im going to try a more frequent way of training, the upper/lower 4 times a week and since im kinda new to 2 splits i would like som critique on this edited PHUL routine.

I have been lifting for about 5 years btw and my main goal is to build muscle but also to increase my strength in pullups, squat, RDL, Bench and militarypress.

Day 1 - Upper power (A)
Day 2
Day 3 - Lower power (B)
Day 4
Day 5 - Upper hypertrophy (A2)
Day 6
Day 7 - Lower hypertrophy (B2)

"'number" at the end of each exercise is the amount of set rest that will be used in minutes.

A
Bench: 3 x 4-6'3
Incline DB press: 3 x 6-10'1,5
Pullups: 3 x 4-6'3
BB row: 3 x 6-10'1,5
Militarypress: 2 x 4-6'3 + 1-2 x 6-10'1,5
Lying tricepsextension behind the head: 3-4 x 6-10'2
BB Curl: 3-4 x 6-10'2
+ some work for the rotatorcuffs

B
Squat: 3 x 4-6'3
Leg extension: 3 x 6-10'1,5
RDL: 3 x 4-6'3
Leg curl: 2-3 x 6-10'1,5
Calf press: 4-5 x 10-14'1
Captain's chair: 4-5 x 10-14'1

A2
Pullups: 3 x 8-10'3
BB row: 3 x 10-12'1,5
Bench: 3 x 8-10'3
DB flyes: 3 x 10-12'1,5
Cable lateral raise: 4 x 10-12'1,5
Hammercurl: 3-4 x 10-12'1
Pushdowns: 3-4 x 10-12'1
+ some work for the rotatorcuffs

B2
Squat: 3 x 8-10'3
Leg extension: 3 x 10-12'1,5
RDL: 3 x 4-6'3
Leg curl: 2-3 x 10-12'1,5
Calf press: 4-5 x 6-10'1,5
Captain's chair: 4-5 x 6-10'1,5

Straight sets will be used in the main lifts where i will start with a weight i can handle 6/10 reps with and then i will keep it in the rest of the sets.
The weight will be increased when i can manage to stick within the set rep range in all of the sets.
For the other exercises i will keep it simple and use a weight that allows me to stick within the set reps and if i go under in any set i'll lower the weight and if i go over i'll increase it.

All sets will be taken to 1 rep shy of failure, might do some drops sets and take em to failure in the smaller exersices like lateral raise and pushdowns.
So what do you think?
And what are your pov on frequent routines like this for a bodybuilder?

Really I think if you're consistent it just comes down to preference. Your routine isn't bad. I started out doing something similar but I will say that eventually I had to put legs/chest/back in separate days so I can give each of those body parts more intensity. When you're doing both chest and back it's okay in the beginning but you get to a point where each of those just needs more focus. Meaning that if you have them in the same day, if you hammer chest (for example), you won't have enough energy to really kill back.

As for your last question, it's fine if you get the proper rest and nutrition (very important). Right now I do 3 days on 1 day off and I've been doing good (no steroids either). Well, now I'm thinking of switching up my routine because at the intensity I'm going I think my body needs more rest.

On the hypertrophy days shorten the rest periods and for at least one exercise go for much higher reps...

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sob_training