New To Circuit Training

Hello,
I have been training for a couple of years now, but I recently switched to CT’s weight loss program in an attempt to finally get rid of that remaining bulge I’ve got.

The lifting heavy days are easy. I'm used to those.  

Those circuit days though.... I find them impossible to do unless I take the weight WAY down on my exercises. My heart feels like it is going to burst out my chest.

My question is basically this. Is it better to go heavier, do less reps, and take longer breaks for circuit OR should I go with the lower weights, do more reps, and get my rests down to a minimum. Thanks!

Jamey Russell

P.S. Regardless of it’s difficulty, CT’s program with HOT-ROX and Precision Nutrition and I am down 5 lbs. in 10 days :slight_smile:

Drop the loads to the point you can follow the parameters he set out

Phill

Don’t do more reps, but lower the weight if you have to, to keep the rest periods short (which is the essence of circuit training)

Performance in circuit-type programs depend on many factors, such the ratio- between fast- and slow-twitch fibers, general cardiovascular endurance etc, and you should adjust the parameters to your individual needs

[quote]Phill wrote:

Phill[/quote]

Thanks! It just feels wrong not to lift heavy :). But that’s what I’ll have to do until I get in better shape.

JF

[quote]Jesus_Freak wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Thanks! It just feels wrong not to lift heavy :). But that’s what I’ll have to do until I get in better shape.

JF[/quote]

i hear ya, youll adapt quickly no worries

Phill