New To Bouncing...

Any recommend reading / viewing? Equipment you never leave home without?

Cool head.
Two fists.
Large cojones.

Watch Roadhouse. Every night. Before and after work. (I joke)

Seriously though, a book A Bouncer’s Bible by Doc Holiday is a good read and you’ll get some things from it. I would not recommend the video, but get the book.

A good small flashlight (Streamlight and Surefire are good brands) is a great investment. I always carried a couple pairs of rubber gloves and a small bottle of hand sanitizer. Bars are dirty places filled with dirty people, you’ll be glad you have it.

My personal philosophy when I bounced was if I could ask a guy to leave (versus throwing him out) and he thanked me, I did a good job. In the long run, it is easier to be a nice guy than a tough guy.

Gum…seriously, because of the loud music you will be doing a lot of close talking

Batarangs
nunchuks
brass knuckles
sword
AK-47
Chinese stars
Chinese hooker
2 Steel Batons
condom

BAZOOKA! When they are brought outta the club it blows everyone away :slight_smile:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Batarangs
nunchuks
brass knuckles
sword
AK-47
Chinese stars
Chinese hooker
2 Steel Batons
condom[/quote]

Is the condom directly related to bouncing, or does it fall under the heading of general preparedness?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Batarangs
nunchuks
brass knuckles
sword
AK-47
Chinese stars
Chinese hooker
2 Steel Batons
condom

Is the condom directly related to bouncing, or does it fall under the heading of general preparedness?[/quote]

Boy Scouts are ready for anything, SIR!!

Ear plugs.

Batarangs
nunchuks
brass knuckles
sword
AK-47
Chinese stars
Chinese hooker
2 Steel Batons
condom[/quote]

I was gonna recommend a molotov cocktail as well. Crowd control for the win!

Batarangs
nunchuks
brass knuckles
sword
AK-47
Chinese stars
Chinese hooker
2 Steel Batons
condom[/quote]

I hit someone over the head with a Chinese hooker once it hurted them real good.

Klingon battle armor and a batlith

This is intense. I was just going to recommend some good running shoes and a trampoline. Perhaps you’ll need some of that motion-sickness medicine after a while.

condom[/quote]

What? Just one? Prof you disappoint me.

[quote]Sepukku wrote:
Professor X wrote:
condom

What? Just one? Prof you disappoint me.[/quote]

You just rinse them out, right?

The timing of this thread cracks me up. My first day working security at a local bar was yesterday.
My list:
-Shoes w/good grip. The other guys recommended some sort of skate shoe.
-A flashlight.
-They also recommended wearing pants opposed to shorts in case a scuffle gets taken to the ground.
-We have live music so ear plugs are a must.
-A watch

I gotta think a bo staff and/or num chuks are pretty critical equimpment.

One of those pepper spray cannons would make you a pretty popular guy, as well. If anybody acts even remotely threatening, just give them a good hosing down.

Make sure to double-wield party packs.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
a bullwip is a great tool for crowd control, especially indoors[/quote]

Actually I prefer a Sjambok. It is a whip-like device made from dried rhino dick and it can whip through a leather coat.

I shit you not.

-MAtt

Along with all the other necessities already posted, I think an air-taser is a must