New to 5/3/1 - Looking for Template Recommendations

Hi all. I’m new to 5/3/1. I’ve purchased and have read both 5/3/1 2nd edition, and Beyond 5/3/1.

My stats are: BW - 204 lb, Bench - 235 1RM, Squat - 280 1RM, Deadlift - 365 1RM, OHP - 145 1RM.

Been training for approximately 3 years, just finished a year with a coach working on Hip rehab related to old lifting injuries. I’m wanting to move into 5/3/1 now and focus on building up my strength. I’d love to put on muscle, (who wouldn’t), as well. I’m hoping someone here can point me in the direction for a template to begin with. There is a lot of information out there. Throughout training, I’ve found I respond better to a little extra volume on the big lifts. Hopefully that helps. My goals I’m setting right now are to hit 250 on bench, 315 on squats, and 405 on deadlifts.

Thanks all.

Seriously, just pick any template in Beyond that strikes your fancy. Follow it exactly as written. They will all work, so just choose one you’re excited to start. Of course, there could be some of “what are your goals?”-type questions to consider, but for someone at your stage all the templates will get you stronger and better.

Thanks! I appreciate the response. Like I said, I’m new to 5/3/1 but I’ll grab a template from beyond and roll with it.

1 Like