T Nation

New SURGE Workout Fuel

This new supplement that keeps getting kicked around this site… will it ever be available to T-Nation users? I’ve read that it would be too expensive, but why not let the consumer decide that? We keep getting teased about how great it is but if you’re not going to sell it then, why mention it?

Just curious. Will there ever be a full description of what exactly this new product does?

Thanks in advance.

[quote]kurmatt wrote:
This new supplement that keeps getting kicked around this site… will it ever be available to t-nation users? I’ve read that it would be too expensive but, why not let the consumer decide that? We keep getting teased about how great it is but if you’re not going to sell it then, why mention it?
Just curious. Will there ever be a full description of what exactly this new product does?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Sorry about that.

There will be a formal product launch.

And yes, it’ll be pretty expensive. We don’t expect to sell much on T-Nation, but we fully expect a lot of pro athletes to use it.

I’m eagerly waiting to hear what could be worth 200 a bottle, not that I would buy any…just curious :smiley: Looking forward to it TC. Thanks.

Do you have an estimated date for when it may be released?

So, then it will be available.
Thanks, TC.

What did I miss? What is this supplement supposed to do? Is this the famous Anaconda that was batted about months ago? Or is it an improved version of Surge? I can’t imagine how a supplement like Surge would be worth $200.

I’ll be interested in the write-up on the this. I wonder how it would best be used with pre-workout and post-workout traditional Surge. This seems like a great supplement for a high-frequency program. Which I’m planning to do at some point. Or for hard gainers as it says. If not a ‘hard-gainer’ with poor recovery or doing a high-frequency program, it’s probably not worth it. But it might be for these two groups.

I could also see the benfit when I’m training for a race. Having run track in college, I think that’s the hardest part of competitive athletics-being able to maintain a solid lifting program while training hard without burning out and compromising recorvery.

It looks awesome!

Is this the new Surge product that Waterbury mentioned in his latest interview?

Where else has it been mentioned?

yeah exactly what is it for?

If this isn’t viable for most people and you don’t expect to sell much and are still marketing it, couldn’t you also sell Anaconada which isn’t viable for most?

[quote]TC wrote:
kurmatt wrote:
This new supplement that keeps getting kicked around this site… will it ever be available to T-Nation users? I’ve read that it would be too expensive but, why not let the consumer decide that? We keep getting teased about how great it is but if you’re not going to sell it then, why mention it?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry about that.

There will be a formal product launch.

And yes, it’ll be pretty expensive. We don’t expect to sell much on T-Nation, but we fully expect a lot of pro athletes to use it.

[/quote]

Ok, so some how I have missed this completely – and I don’t miss much on this site!

When and where was/is there any information this supplement? By any chance is it AD friently?

Inquiring minds want to know… I have nationals soon.

[quote]kurmatt wrote:
This new supplement that keeps getting kicked around this site… will it ever be available to T-Nation users? I’ve read that it would be too expensive, but why not let the consumer decide that? We keep getting teased about how great it is but if you’re not going to sell it then, why mention it?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

How did I even miss the hint of this?

Any idea as to when it will be launched?

At $200, it MUST be something good. I’m not sure I would ever buy something like that, but I damn sure would like to know that the deal with it is.

Mr Roberts, wherefore art thou?

I think it’s mentioned by Tim Patterson here.

Here’s a quote from july’s interview:

[quote]
TC: Speaking of oligodextrin, what was the thinking behind the rice oligosaccharides in Metabolic Drive?

TP: They give rice oligosaccharides to dehydration victims to re-hydrate them. It’s so incredibly soothing to the gut; it pulls water into the right tissues. It’s a great, great, carbohydrate. In fact, we have a blend of two �?? for lack of a better word, sugars �?? that constitute the first complexed carbohydrate that’s actually anabolic.

TC: To quote John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, that’s a bold statement.

TP: No, really. We’re finding people who go out on grueling bike rides, endurance athletes, high-energy-expending athletes, come back at the same weight or even heavier than what they started out!

These guys are not losing water weight. And they’re building muscle even though they’re hardcore endurance athletes. It’s remarkable. We took a sugar called platinose (palatinose–spelling?) and rice oligodextrn (oligodextrin) and mixed them together in a certain ratio, and these guys go out and work out for two or three hours in the hot sun, and come back heavier than when they went out and that’s never been done before.

We’ll be introducing that blend to Testosterone real soon.

TC: That’s pretty cool, but this is the same oligodextrin that’s in Metabolic Complete, right? Along with pretty cool fibers like oat fiber and apple fiber, right?

TP: Exactly. Apple and oat. [/quote]

Palatinose and Rice Oligodextrin are both low-GI carbs. When offered in a powdered/liquid form, I can completely see how they would help athletes immensely with hydration, and be able to give them ridiculous sustained energy. I’m excited for this product, and I’m guessing that’s not all that’s in store with this.

For those people who have no clue what this is, check out the Physique Clinic threads, the trainers speak of it in them.

From the Physique Clinic postings, we know that it has Beta-alanine in it, and that it supposedly will let you train virtually as much as you want without over-training. But other than that, and the secretive “it’s so awesome!” posts, don’t really know much.

TC or Tim,

I will do any of the below things to get some of this:

A) pay 200 dollars.
B) Kill someone.
C) sell my soul to TC and Tim Patterson.
D) Kill someone.

P.S. I will not kill puppies, dogs, or kittens; people, cats, elephants and everything else is fair game.

Thanks.

[quote]deq wrote:

P.S. I will not kill puppies, dogs, or kittens; people, cats, elephants and everything else is fair game.

Thanks.[/quote]

Little ironic…