New Surge Ingredients

I would like the Raspberry flavor to be re-formulated to include this new breakthrough. Thank you.

[quote]kroby wrote:
I would like the Raspberry flavor to be re-formulated to include this new breakthrough. Thank you.[/quote]

I, on the other hand, want BOTH “old” flavors reformulated.

Der Candy, Original is thicker and tastes like angel food cake (light and sweet). Raspberry isn’t as thick and drinks more like Gatorade. I like both but prefer Original. I already have Chocolate and Vanilla in my protein powders so I don’t want too much of good things.

I got my first tub of Surge this week. I got the raspberry and I throw a scoop of chocolate whey in my shaker with it and it tastes amazing. I accidentally put 3 scoops of Surge in my shaker and bombed it after my workout and couldnt get to sleep at all last night.

Surge shouldn’t keep you awake. There’s no stimulants in it…

Is it possible that the reformulation may have something to do with a new factory producing the Surge? I know that supplement companies have recipe’s that normally are tied in contractually with whoever is producing for a specific period of years, so maybe they’ve switched production facilities and the formula to go along with it.

The new stuff is a different consistency and taste from what I can tell. It seems to be as good, and I’m sure that there is research to back the changes, I’m just throwing this up as an option.

[quote]Dominator wrote:
Is it possible that the reformulation may have something to do with a new factory producing the Surge? I know that supplement companies have recipe’s that normally are tied in contractually with whoever is producing for a specific period of years, so maybe they’ve switched production facilities and the formula to go along with it.[/quote]

Actually it has to do with the fact that we’re always improving our products based on the latest science. There are also subtle differences between flavors based on the flavoring profile used.

So have all the flavors been reformulated yet?

[quote]whosyobobby wrote:
So have all the flavors been reformulated yet?[/quote]

No, but they will be soon.

No more L-Glutamine in the new formula?

[quote]orinoco wrote:
Does anyone know the ‘degree of hydrolysis’ of the hydroslate that is used in Surge?

One other formula I use occasionally has a DH of 30% which I know is very high. It tastes rank, but it’s a small downside.[/quote]

I would not use those numbers to compare this product to another, even if another company published such information could you believe their claims??

But i have to admit, Im also a little curious about the degree of hydrolysis of the whey hydrolysate used. Also, does anyone know what the average molecular weight is or has a molecular weight profile been posted here before?

I know these numbers can NOT be a basis to judge the product and the added free form aminos would make those figures irrelevant, but im just curious as to what the product designers would choose? much appreciated if someone from Biotest answers these questions because i know other companies do not release this information easily.

also what have results been like for anyone who has switched from using Surge post-workout to using it pre-workout?

With regards to the ‘could you believe their claims??’ question you posed…well, yes. The company is a British company and has been accredited to the ISO 9001 standard (independant british certification scheme). Whilst this isn’t concrete proof of their label claims, I’d trust this company the same as Biotest.

I used to talk with one of the guys who formulated a pre-event/workout formula that was used by british athletes at the last olympics. He obviously had intimate knowledge of the company etc and always spoke highly of his dealings etc with the company.

30% DH is high, but I believe the label claim. Even with flavourings,sweeteners etc, it still tastes bad.

I also use Whey protein hydrolysate bought from another reputable british company (certificates of tests performed by independant labs are posted on their website) which only has a DH of 14%…this also tastes very bad, but it gives the same kick as Surge when mixed with similar igredients. With flavourings it’s palatable, almost nice even. Without?..it’ll make you vomit.

[quote]orinoco wrote:
With regards to the ‘could you believe their claims??’ question you posed…well, yes. The company is a British company and has been accredited to the ISO 9001 standard (independant british certification scheme). Whilst this isn’t concrete proof of their label claims, I’d trust this company the same as Biotest.

I used to talk with one of the guys who formulated a pre-event/workout formula that was used by british athletes at the last olympics. He obviously had intimate knowledge of the company etc and always spoke highly of his dealings etc with the company.

30% DH is high, but I believe the label claim. Even with flavourings,sweeteners etc, it still tastes bad.

I also use Whey protein hydrolysate bought from another reputable british company (certificates of tests performed by independant labs are posted on their website) which only has a DH of 14%…this also tastes very bad, but it gives the same kick as Surge when mixed with similar igredients. With flavourings it’s palatable, almost nice even. Without?..it’ll make you vomit.[/quote]

thanks for the reply orinco, some good info there. i wasnt aware of british companies doing that.
down here in Australia the whey powders are not that sophisticated yet. i came across one company here that appeared to have a good product and they promised to send me the information i asked them for. still not having recieved it after asking a couple more times i started to suspect they either couldn’t back their claims or their customer service was sh*t. either way…

the problem is with the un-educated consumer. if every consumer asked these questions and was willing to pay more when they got the right answers we wouldn’t have this problem. imho, even poor people are better off consuming a good quality product half the time rather than consuming a cheap product all the time.

anyway, enough of my ranting, what difference in results did you notice between the DH14 and DH30?

So it’s been 7 months since this thread was last visited but I still haven’t seen any new articles about the reformulation of Surge.

So have all the flavors been reformulated to the new formula? Or does the chocolate still have almost 3 times the BCAA’s as the original? I love the original flavor but if it is the old formula I guess I’ll try the chocolate. I would just like to know before ordering.