New Surge Ingredients

Im just curious why the New Surge has some different ingredients. Why added fructose? why is there maltodextrin before D-glucose? Why no glutamine? the total added BCAA's seem less also.

And please if you have tried the vanilla , let me know whay you think, compared to the other flavors.

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
And please if you have tried the vanilla , let me know whay you think, compared to the other flavors.[/quote]

This almost says “tell me whey you think.” Excellent.

I asked about this as well in another thread. I was told that the new ingredients were the result of new research that proved the new combination better for recovery. I asked if they would run an article or something to explain why, and was told that they would probably be running something soon.

[quote]Sabre T wrote:
I asked about this as well in another thread. I was told that the new ingredients were the result of new research that proved the new combination better for recovery. I asked if they would run an article or something to explain why, and was told that they would probably be running something soon.
[/quote]

The new formula is superior to all prior versions of Surge Recovery.

I’m sure that Tim or TC will have an article explaining the changes soon.

I will say this after sipping the new Vanilla for 2 work outs now. I can deffinately tell the difference. I have no idea if it is a placebo effect or not, I have been using Surge since it came out eons ago.

So if this is the direction Surge is headed then I give it 2 thumbs up.
I like where this formula is headed.
Jaso

what are the new ingredients? the site doesnt seem to be updated.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
what are the new ingredients? the site doesnt seem to be updated. [/quote]

Ingredients listed in order for Vanilla:

Whey-Hydrolysate, maltodextrin, fructose, D-Glucose, natural and artifical flavors, xanthan gum, sucralose

As far as amino acids go:

L Leucine 4g
DL Phenylalaminine 2g

Ok I just realized the front of the bottle says
“13,650 MG BCAA”

Yet the only BCAA listed is 4 g of Leucine.

Typo??

I’d be willing to guess that the fructose can occupy the liver so that it keeps it’s mitts off of the proteins, so to speak.

My limited knowledge put to use:
Leucine is supposed to be the “best” of the 3 BCAAs, and Maltodextrin is supposed to be better than dextrose.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I’d be willing to guess that the fructose can occupy the liver so that it keeps it’s mitts off of the proteins, so to speak.[/quote]

Thats some good hypothasizin’ there vroom!

[quote]lucky_swami wrote:
Ok I just realized the front of the bottle says
“13,650 MG BCAA”

Yet the only BCAA listed is 4 g of Leucine.

Typo??[/quote]

i think its including the BCAAs found within the whey hydrolysate

And today Chocolate is released. I really want them to make a limeade flavor, mango would be even better.

[quote]lucky_swami wrote:

Ingredients listed in order for Vanilla:

Whey-Hydrolysate, maltodextrin, fructose, D-Glucose, natural and artifical flavors, xanthan gum, sucralose[/quote]

There’s a typo on the label.

It should read as follows.

Whey-Hydrolysate, maltodextrin, D-Glucose, fructose, natural and artifical flavors, xanthan gum, sucralose.

There’s much more D-Glucose than fructose in the formula. I believe there’s only a gram or two of fructose.

Ok I just realized something about the new formulation.

It has more protein, slightly less carbs. Most importantly it has MUCH less Sodium and added Potassium and Phosphorus ergo it adds electrolytes! So you wouldn’t need SmartWater.

Thats the whey-hydrolosate not being masked. Ever smelled/tasted it unmixed? Bingo! Its nasty. Good for you too!

[quote]solarflame wrote:

Thats the whey-hydrolosate not being masked. Ever smelled/tasted it unmixed? Bingo! Its nasty. Good for you too!

[/quote]

I agree 100% havnt tried the Vanilla yet But pure hydro taste like VERY bitter. Even the Original Surge had a Small hint in the after taste and they did a GREAT Job of masking that Overly disgusting taste.

I took it as a great way of knowing the hydro was in the product in a high amount

Phill

My goal is to gain muscle, not feel all warm and fuzzy about how great my PWO drink tastes. The Vanilla is not nasty, but if you go into it thinking its going to taste gross, you probably are setting yourself up to think its gross.

You could also just try the chocolate if you are scared of the vanilla.

Anyone tried the chocolate? what are your thoughts on that?

Does anyone know the ‘degree of hydrolysis’ of the hydroslate that is used in Surge?

One other formula I use occasionally has a DH of 30% which I know is very high. It tastes rank, but it’s a small downside.

So the Chocolate and Vanilla are slightly better for recovery than the Original and Wild Raspberry ones?

So what is the tastiest flavour?