New Superman is...

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How Superman looks today in comics.

Like I said, you would have to look like an NPC heavyweight to play Superman correctly. We Just settle for less.[/quote]
What choice is there? I don’t know of too many guys who are NPC heavweight size that can act. Given the options, I’ll take a smaller guy who can act over someone who looks the part any day. I’m pretty sure most of the public would as well.

[quote]OBoile wrote:

How Superman looks today in comics.

Like I said, you would have to look like an NPC heavyweight to play Superman correctly. We Just settle for less.[/quote]
What choice is there? I don’t know of too many guys who are NPC heavweight size that can act. Given the options, I’ll take a smaller guy who can act over someone who looks the part any day. I’m pretty sure most of the public would as well.[/quote]

Yeah, that seems to be the same argument we always hear…that no NPC competitor on Earth can act well enough to match that bullshit performance by Routh in the last Superman movie.

I mean, really?

What the living hell was so Oscar worthy about that acting done in that movie? Almost anyone could have done a better job than that. He didn’t even have many speaking roles because THEY knew he couldn’t act…so your argument seems to be losing ground.

What the living hell was so Oscar worthy about that acting done in that movie? Almost anyone could have done a better job than that. He didn’t even have many speaking roles because THEY knew he couldn’t act…so your argument seems to be losing ground.[/quote]

There was no Oscar worthy acting in Superman Returns. That’s why it wasn’t nominated for any acting awards. It was nominated for a visual effects award.

[quote]kothreat wrote:

What the living hell was so Oscar worthy about that acting done in that movie? Almost anyone could have done a better job than that. He didn’t even have many speaking roles because THEY knew he couldn’t act…so your argument seems to be losing ground.[/quote]

There was no Oscar worthy acting in Superman Returns. That’s why it wasn’t nominated for any acting awards. It was nominated for a visual effects award. [/quote]

Gee…that’s the point. You can’t claim that they picked Routh over someone more developed because of his great acting. He is not a great or even a good actor…so the claim that they don’t pick big guys because they can’t act holds no water.

[quote]kothreat wrote:

There was no Oscar worthy acting in Superman Returns. That’s why it wasn’t nominated for any acting awards. It was nominated for a visual effects award. [/quote]

Gee…that’s the point. You can’t claim that they picked Routh over someone more developed because of his great acting. He is not a great or even a good actor…so the claim that they don’t pick big guys because they can’t act holds no water.[/quote]

x 2 When has any actor playing a superhero EVER been nominated for an Oscar? And the assumption that big guys in general can’t act is bullshit. You guys have to take into account the story as well as the purpose of the story. In super hero movies you play to that role/character. People are not looking for ground breaking performances. Fanboys want the super heroes to represent what they envision and casual moviegoers have the mentality that it’s just a comic character so they just want to be entertained. Most movies that come out today are drivel and the vast majority of “actors” can’t act, anyway. For the most part they are eye candy that give guys hardons and get girls wet.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

Gee…that’s the point. You can’t claim that they picked Routh over someone more developed because of his great acting. He is not a great or even a good actor…so the claim that they don’t pick big guys because they can’t act holds no water.[/quote]

x 2 When has any actor playing a superhero EVER been nominated for an Oscar? And the assumption that big guys in general can’t act is bullshit. You guys have to take into account the story as well as the purpose of the story. In super hero movies you play to that role/character. People are not looking for ground breaking performances. Fanboys want the super heroes to represent what they envision and casual moviegoers have the mentality that it’s just a comic character so they just want to be entertained. Most movies that come out today are drivel and the vast majority of “actors” can’t act, anyway. For the most part they are eye candy that give guys hardons and get girls wet.[/quote]

Can I get an AMEN. Lew breaks it down.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
I honestly was disappointed in the ending, the last 20min of the movie seemed slapped together and rushed. It had an excellent pacing then just fell apart after thy went to the crazy broads cabin. Leading up until that point It was quite good. It just didn’t know how to end itself properly.[/quote]

OK, I now want to know how Pootie would end the movie. [/quote]

A complicated, yet tragic, love story. Obviously.[/quote]

Oh you bastards. I had no problem with the Earth getting destroyed. It was the haphazard way they put together the climax that rubbed me the wrong way. So he was the only one in the entire city who drove home freely without an ounce of traffic? His son was cool as shit with leaving his planet and his father for a bunch of strangers, because they gave him a rabbit? He was right with all his theories about what was happening but all of a sudden the chick couldn’t wait for him to solve one last riddle? They only took a couple kids? Cuz it sure as hell didn’t look like a planets worth of children on those ships at the end. Who was gonna take care of all those little bastards? Couldn’t the aliens just explain themselves and tell the adults, “hey your planet is fucked but, we can save your children.”

It turned into a cliche movie in the last twenty minutes with foolish choices and a very untidy resolution It just got very ridiculous when it was going so well. I may be nitpicking but I want a quality ending for my time investment DAMMIT!!

The only plus was Nick Cage got burned alive.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

I honestly was disappointed in the ending, the last 20min of the movie seemed slapped together and rushed. It had an excellent pacing then just fell apart after thy went to the crazy broads cabin. Leading up until that point It was quite good. It just didn’t know how to end itself properly.[/quote]

Oh you bastards. I had no problem with the Earth getting destroyed. It was the haphazard way they put together the climax that rubbed me the wrong way. So he was the only one in the entire city who drove home freely without an ounce of traffic? His son was cool as shit with leaving his planet and his father for a bunch of strangers, because they gave him a rabbit? He was right with all his theories about what was happening but all of a sudden the chick couldn’t wait for him to solve one last riddle? They only took a couple kids? Cuz it sure as hell didn’t look like a planets worth of children on those ships at the end. Who was gonna take care of all those little bastards? Couldn’t the aliens just explain themselves and tell the adults, “hey your planet is fucked but, we can save your children.”

It turned into a cliche movie in the last twenty minutes with foolish choices and a very untidy resolution It just got very ridiculous when it was going so well. I may be nitpicking but I want a quality ending for my time investment DAMMIT!!

The only plus was Nick Cage got burned alive. [/quote]

Hahahahahahaha thanks Pootie that was fucking classic you film critic you.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

x 2 When has any actor playing a superhero EVER been nominated for an Oscar? And the assumption that big guys in general can’t act is bullshit. You guys have to take into account the story as well as the purpose of the story. In super hero movies you play to that role/character. People are not looking for ground breaking performances. Fanboys want the super heroes to represent what they envision and casual moviegoers have the mentality that it’s just a comic character so they just want to be entertained. Most movies that come out today are drivel and the vast majority of “actors” can’t act, anyway. For the most part they are eye candy that give guys hardons and get girls wet.[/quote]

Can I get an AMEN. Lew breaks it down. [/quote]

To further Lew’s point, the guys in Spartacus: Blood & Sand put in more than decent performances on a weekly basis. Granted it isn’t Oscar worthy but it damn sure isn’t “Hercules In New York” type of acting. If you give someone a decent script and proper motivation you will get good results.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Hahahahahahaha thanks Pootie that was fucking classic you film critic you. [/quote]

Thanks DJ. Let’s hope all Nick Cage’s movies end with him burning alive. As a matter of fact why the fuck does that guy continue to get work?? Taye Diggs hasn’t done a movie in about 5yrs but this overacting mofo gets about 3 movies a year handed to him. Not fair.

^ Agreed I went into watching Knowing the other day with WTF why not I was bored. Cage is going to act goofy and over act. I guess because he didnt was the reason I missed on key plot points. I want Raising Arizona Nick Cage back. The reason he gets gigs because fucking people will pay to see his movies. Most people are idiots what are you going to do?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Hahahahahahaha thanks Pootie that was fucking classic you film critic you. [/quote]

Thanks DJ. Let’s hope all Nick Cage’s movies end with him burning alive. As a matter of fact why the fuck does that guy continue to get work?? Taye Diggs hasn’t done a movie in about 5yrs but this overacting mofo gets about 3 movies a year handed to him. Not fair.
[/quote]

Only one man has survived from “The Wood”: Omar Epps

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Only one man has survived from “The Wood”: Omar Epps

[/quote]

It’s a god damned shame.

[quote]
^ Agreed I went into watching Knowing the other day with WTF why not I was bored. Cage is going to act goofy and over act. I guess because he didnt was the reason I missed on key plot points. I want Raising Arizona Nick Cage back. The reason he gets gigs because fucking people will pay to see his movies. Most people are idiots what are you going to do? [/quote]

The raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas Nick Cage is dead. Now were stuck with the Knowing, Bangkok Dangerous, Sorcerers apprentice Cage.

His last good movie was Kick Ass…he got burned alive in Kick Ass…good times.

Larenz Tate’s Career

R.I.P.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

I like this post. I couldn’t have said it any better.

I love the suspense, the numbers, the eerie music, I was hooked. Then they introduced Aliens and I was like WTF?

Anyway it boils down to personal preference, don’t really feel like arguing this one today :frowning:

I liked “Knowing” also…it came out in April last year I think, or March, so it may sound weird, but when I go see a movie on a rainy Friday afternoon in March I don’t analyze it too much.
It’s nice to have some popcorn and a coke and it wasn’t a big night out or anything. Only about $8 a ticket here in Taiwan too.

And sorry to say it again, but it seems as though many may have missed the video I posted on page one and the pic on page 2.

[quote]Nards wrote:
And sorry to say it again, but it seems as though many may have missed the video I posted on page one and the pic on page 2.[/quote]

I saw only half :frowning: sorry, I don’t have the sound up in the office so will view it at home. The bloke playing Superman DOES look stacked. But you mentioned, it’s a fake trailer? Trailer for a film that will never release?

Yeah, there’s no real film behind it.
Neat thing is there are a few superhero ones like that.

Here’s one about Robin, which I’m not entirely sure how serious it is, with appearances by Superman, The Joker and Wonder Woman:

GRAYSON (2004) - A Comic Book Fan Film - Original DVD version. - YouTube

Steve Kuclo should be the next Superman.