New Superman is...

Upon further review… Superman is pretty jacked.

I retract my previous statement.

I sincerely doubt this actor will try to put on a huge amount of muscle for his character. He may put on some muscle, but not enough to even look like a small version of modern superman. I’m already predicting either CGI to some degree or a puny superman, or Superman size’s being scaled down.

Well, I think Zack Snyder is going to get as close to a fully muscled Superman as any mainstream director would dare.

The ladies in Sucker Punch spoke about how they learned to love deadlifting, so Snyder has clearly learned a trick or two from 300.

Also, I think he’s nerdy enough to give Supes the physical opponent that the fans want. Hopefully, that will be reflected in Cavill being at least the most muscular on screen Superman yet. But he’s not gonna be a monster by any stretch.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
Still better than this guy (probably).[/quote]

Thank God it’s not him. I can’t fucking stand Nick Cage anymore. [/quote]

Definitely agree. My wife still loves him but I think she’s still caught up in the Con Air/Rock phase of his movie career. I like National Treasure but the rest of his movies since then have been real CRAP (you only have to see Knowing to know what I’m saying).

I liked Knowing. Good story, good special effects and for once he didn’t drastically overact.

^ I don’t think we watched the same movie then.

I doubt this guy will get as big as what we would want to see from a superman. Howevr, if there was one director who I think would push him it would be snyder. He did a good job with the lead character of 300.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I liked Knowing. Good story, good special effects and for once he didn’t drastically overact.[/quote]

Even the ending? I thought it was gripping 3/4 through the film, and then I was disappointed with how it ended.

whatever the build on superman, X nails it on the head, the reason smallville has been on for 234982 seasons despite a low budget, crappy special effects, few and far between action sequences, is that the show is CHARACTER DRIVEN.

you watch because you are emotionally invested in the characters.

In other words, I hope it is a good story with decent acting.

Did anyone watch the vid I posted on page 1? Mike O’Hearn is pretty big.

Here’s a pic. Both of these guys (Batman is played by Clark Bartram) have been on many muscle magazine covers so you may recognize them.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

I liked Knowing. Good story, good special effects and for once he didn’t drastically overact.[/quote]

Even the ending? I thought it was gripping 3/4 through the film, and then I was disappointed with how it ended. [/quote]

Not to derail thread, but I have to agree with X here. I actually put it in another thread about movies you watched this weekend.

Spoiler Just in case so I dont get called a dick:

I liked the ending cause it didnt have the sappy happy bullshit. Cage dies with his family and the world ends. What the hell is wrong with that?

I didn’t mind it either, considering how bad his last 10 movies have been.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

Even the ending? I thought it was gripping 3/4 through the film, and then I was disappointed with how it ended. [/quote]

Not to derail thread, but I have to agree with X here. I actually put it in another thread about movies you watched this weekend.

Spoiler Just in case so I dont get called a dick:

I liked the ending cause it didnt have the sappy happy bullshit. Cage dies with his family and the world ends. What the hell is wrong with that? [/quote]

Agreed. It also drove it home that we are actually at risk of something like that…and who knows if it ever happened before in Earth’s history.

If you like sci-fi AT ALL I am not sure how you could hate that movie. It had no happy ending. The whole fucking world died except for a few chosen far in advance to continue the human race elsewhere.

I honestly was disappointed in the ending, the last 20min of the movie seemed slapped together and rushed. It had an excellent pacing then just fell apart after thy went to the crazy broads cabin. Leading up until that point It was quite good. It just didn’t know how to end itself properly.

Pootie Nick Cage got killed that is all that mattered.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
I honestly was disappointed in the ending, the last 20min of the movie seemed slapped together and rushed. It had an excellent pacing then just fell apart after thy went to the crazy broads cabin. Leading up until that point It was quite good. It just didn’t know how to end itself properly.[/quote]

OK, I now want to know how Pootie would end the movie. They had a blue print for when random disasters would occur until the last one that mattered. What did you want to happen at the end?

Reverse the sun to face the other direction?

I honestly was disappointed in the ending, the last 20min of the movie seemed slapped together and rushed. It had an excellent pacing then just fell apart after thy went to the crazy broads cabin. Leading up until that point It was quite good. It just didn’t know how to end itself properly.[/quote]

OK, I now want to know how Pootie would end the movie. [/quote]

A complicated, yet tragic, love story. Obviously.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

OK, I now want to know how Pootie would end the movie. [/quote]

A complicated, yet tragic, love story. Obviously.[/quote]

[quote]spiderman739 wrote:
So that means that Spiderman, Batman, and Superman will all be played by Brits.[/quote]

Toby McGuire is a Brit? Who knew?

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

[quote]spiderman739 wrote:
So that means that Spiderman, Batman, and Superman will all be played by Brits.[/quote]

Toby McGuire is a Brit? Who knew?

DB[/quote]

Toby isn’t Spiderman anymore.