New Superman is...

He’s got a nice, manly-looking square jaw & chin… He’s yummy.

Macho? I dunno about that, doesn’t look all that big, but he’s yummy. I may watch it just for that.

:wink:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What about this guy makes him “macho”?

Any women here want to fill me in on that?[/quote]

Come on X… Do women EVER post in the superhero threads? Lol[/quote]

^^ first this…

[quote]RBlue wrote:

Macho? I dunno about that, doesn’t look all that big, but he’s yummy. I may watch it just for that.

;)[/quote]

^^ then this… Damn it!!

Greg is off today, man you are batting like .100.

They know they fucked up with the last guy to play him. I am actually surprised that actor didn’t get flamed much more because of the overuse of makeup, the overall retarded way he played the character and the fact that they acted like the last 30 years in comics and tv hadn’t happened.

I am hoping they learned from that massive mistake. Reeves was great for the time he played the character. Choosing a guy who looks MORE feminine to play him in this era was one of the worst casting decisions I can remember in a while.

I actually do hope they pay attention to Smallville and take notes. People like Clark. They know what makes him act the way he does. He’s annoying. He’s a little too good…and everyone around him knows it and balances that equation…something they didn’t even get into in that movie as far as who Clark is. He isn’t the straight up nerd that Routhe played even though he’s awkward and doesn’t really fit in.[/quote]

If there is one thing I’ve learned in my 5+ years on this forum, is that Professor X LOVES him some Smallville lol.

Anyway to the point. I believe that the director Zack Snyder(Watchmen, 300) is not going to take the traditional goofy Clark Kent hangs around until a disaster arises and then turns into Superman to save the day. I don’t think Christopher Nolan, who is producing and supervising the script will allow them to do that.

I think they are going to delve into the psyche and torment inside Superman. Not the gay torment of “hey I knocked up Lois Lane and I still wanna bone her so I’m gonna hang outside her window as a Super stalker”. More of the most powerful being on the planet who has to have almost god like resolve not to destroy the people and the planet he Cares about.

I want the Superman from the Project Cadmus storyline from JLU where he was feared not loved by the people and kinda did whatever the fuck he wanted until showed the err of his ways. I would pay for that movie.

As far as a villain is concerned I will fucking take a shit in the theater if it is Lex Luther again. It better be Braniac, Darkseid or to a lesser extent Metallo. Someone who can go toe to toe with him in a knock down drag out fight to save the world. Let Luther pull the strings from behind the scenes like he does in the Comic.

^Hahahahahaha okay that made me laugh for taking a shit in the theatre. Pootie you dont want to see Gene Hackman replay his role?

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Greg is off today, man you are batting like .100. [/quote]

I am. I’m just a little off. Gotta step up my game brah!

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^Hahahahahaha okay that made me laugh for taking a shit in the theatre. Pootie you dont want to see Gene Hackman replay his role?[/quote]

Ohhh poor Gene Hackman. I think I had enough of a Toupe wearing Lex Luther after Superman II(which after watching again recently I’ve discovered it is probably the funniest movie ever filmed. I mean really I think EVERY scene had a set up for a joke in it).

If they are going to go with the Gene Hackman route again I think they should make Flava Flav be Lex Luther, fuck it might as well go all the way with the hack kneed performance.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^Hahahahahaha okay that made me laugh for taking a shit in the theatre. Pootie you dont want to see Gene Hackman replay his role?[/quote]

Ohhh poor Gene Hackman. I think I had enough of a Toupe wearing Lex Luther after Superman II(which after watching again recently I’ve discovered it is probably the funniest movie ever filmed. I mean really I think EVERY scene had a set up for a joke in it).

If they are going to go with the Gene Hackman route again I think they should make Flava Flav be Lex Luther, fuck it might as well go all the way with the hack kneed performance. [/quote]

Man the other day the wife and I caught Superman 3 with Richard Pryor, holy shit. We both just sat there with a blank stare on our face. I had really forgot that movie, on how campy they were.

I think that had to be jumping the shark for damn sure.

I don’t understand why they don’t just cast the Smallville actor, he seems to fit the role quite well there already.

As I said in GS4, this and Spiderman continue to cast actors that IMO don’t fit.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
I don’t understand why they don’t just cast the Smallville actor, he seems to fit the role quite well there already.

As I said in GS4, this and Spiderman continue to cast actors that IMO don’t fit.[/quote]

They keep siting that they wouldn’t continue the continuity of Smallville in a movie. I can understand that. I like Tom Welling as that character. He has literally grown into a great representation of who Clark really is and what motivates him.

Clark is essentially a farm boy who likes great looking ass but pines to be monogamous on a farm with only one woman for eternity…but damn it, he can fucking fly and happens to be damn near a God…so he saves the day while having wet dreams of Lois.

He doesn’t seem to really even enjoy being Superman. He seems to desire being human more than anything else…but his destiny keeps slapping him in the face.

[quote]RBlue wrote:

;)[/quote]
Ladies love a cleft chin, I suppose.

This pic is Cavill starring as Theseus, the lead in Immortals coming out later this year. We’ll get an idea of how he can handle action scenes when he’s taking on a 7-foot tall minotaur (played by Robert Maillet, the giant from Sherlock Holmes).

For another angle, this is Cavill in The Cold Light of Day, also coming out later this year.

He’s 6’1", so he “should” be able to fill out enough to be convincing. It’d be great if he ended up with a build comparable to Chris Hemsworth in Thor, but I’m guessing it’s unlikely.

Tom Welling has been the best Superman since Christopher Reeves, both as a physical specimen and as an actor.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
He’s 6’1", so he “should” be able to fill out enough to be convincing. It’d be great if he ended up with a build comparable to Chris Hemsworth in Thor, but I’m guessing it’s unlikely.[/quote]

I agree that he could fill out the role but I dont think he needs to get as big as thor. If he could put on a little bit of size and fill out the suite a little more. The suite will probably have some padding in it to shape it right but superman doesnt need to be huge… he just cant be scrawny lookin lol

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
He’s 6’1", so he “should” be able to fill out enough to be convincing. It’d be great if he ended up with a build comparable to Chris Hemsworth in Thor, but I’m guessing it’s unlikely.[/quote]

I agree that he could fill out the role but I dont think he needs to get as big as thor.[/quote]
Greg, c’mon, that’s just dumb. We all know that Superman would fucking destroy Thor in a one-on-one fight, so Carvill has to put on enough size otherwise it just won’t be believable.

:slight_smile:

Agreed. LOL at “Superman doesn’t have to be huge”. People only think that because they keep picking actors who aren’t huge. If you read any of the Batman/Superman comics released lately, Superman looks like Phil Heath only slightly more streamlined. In truth, anything short of making him look like a NPC competitor is flat out not doing the character justice. We just ACCEPT IT because we know Hollywood isn’t likely to do much better.

Superman isn’t tiny and even Tom Welling isn’t big enough to play SuperMAN thus why he is technically still “superboy” until he puts the costume on.

How Superman looks today in comics.

Like I said, you would have to look like an NPC heavyweight to play Superman correctly. We Just settle for less.

Agreed. LOL at “Superman doesn’t have to be huge”. People only think that because they keep picking actors who aren’t huge. If you read any of the Batman/Superman comics released lately, Superman looks like Phil Heath only slightly more streamlined. In truth, anything short of making him look like a NPC competitor is flat out not doing the character justice. We just ACCEPT IT because we know Hollywood isn’t likely to do much better.

Superman isn’t tiny and even Tom Welling isn’t big enough to play SuperMAN thus why he is technically still “superboy” until he puts the costume on.[/quote]

He was HUGE in “Armegeddon”.

One more just to get a different artists take on it.

I think it is clear that Supes has some real size on him…way more than what we usually see in the movies.

He is supposed to be from some race that is nearly perfect genetically…but he’s a hard gainer?

You can see his lats from the front.

\