New Star Trek Movie

I had my doubts about the cast at first (except for Zachary Quinto, who’s going to rock), but having seen the recent photos I can see the direction the’re going in.

I’m still not convinced about the guy playing Kirk (Chris Pine). I’ve seen some of his films, and he’s really good actor (especially in Smokin’ Aces), but he’s got to be able to convincingly play Kirk and Shatner at the same time.

I mean, over the years, Kirk and Shatner have become pretty much indistinguishable from each other, so basically they’ve asked an actor (Pine) to play an actor (Shatner) playing Kirk. It’s gonna be a tough call.

Otherwise it’s just going to come across as a piss-take. Having said that, I doubt Leonard Nimoy would be involved if it was a dud script: it’s not like he needs the money these days.

This might help to put the hardcore fanboy’s doubts to rest. After all, it can’t be any more of a let down than The Phantom Menace (can it?).
I still wish they’d gone with a more brutal and intelligent updated version of the Gorn as the main villains, though.

I know most people see the gorn is as corny, but there’s a lot of untapped potential inside that rubber suit. Imagine a reptilian civilization that advanced in parallel to ours: it would be pretty savage, especially if they had the intelligence to back it up.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
He called up Rick Bermen, who basically told him tough cookies, and he hasn’t felt right about it ever since. I have to agree with him. After all the shit Kirk went though he dies under a pile of rubble. They might as well have killed Superman by having him choke on his own vomit.

[/quote]

I agree. Kirk didn’t need to die. At least not in a movie or show. Some things should be left up to speculation.

[quote]The Savage wrote:
The series “Enterprise” looked so promising, unfortunately it dragged at times.
[/quote]

If you just watch the first and fourth seasons, minus the final episode, and you’ve got a pretty damn good show.

And if you’re a Jolene Blalcok fan then you definately need to watch “Slow Burn”.

I heven’t followed much of this Star Trek version considering how they’ve handled some of their other buisness. Will definately watch for the trailer when I go to the new Bond flick.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
And if you’re a Jolene Blalcok fan then you definately need to watch “Slow Burn”.
[/quote]

Hehe…A_K and I have had this conversation before. We’ve both made sure to watch Slow Burn.

If only Jeri Ryan wasn’t such a tease.

I sure hope somebody teaches these guys how to pilot a damn starship. One thing that always irked me was the Enterprise just sitting there waiting to get shot and then only returning fire with one phaser burst per three shots it recieved.

I mean, they’re in Zero-G space, they’ve got artificial gravity inside, and enertial dampners, they ought be doing loopty-loops and barrel rolls with those big bitches during battle. Anybody can make an X-Wing or TIE Fighter zip around in battle, I want to see them do it in a Galaxy Class Starship.

Star Trek…new trailer(trailer 2):

Whoah.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
Whoah.[/quote]

Should of seen it on the big screen…looks great.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Star Trek…new trailer(trailer 2):
iTunes Movie Trailers [/quote]

I. Can’t. Wait!

That really did look amazing.