T Nation

New Star Trek Movie

Anyone else looking forward to this new movie?

Yep, this franchise has been needing a reboot for a long while. So far I like the choices of actors. If they dwell too much on the relationships and dialogue it may hurt it however it is a necessary process for those who don’t know the first generation of Star Trek.

A very good article here:

I can’t wait to see Simon Pegg as Scotty. That shit is gonna rule.

Yep, I might make my dad go with me to see it in the theater.

Yeah, I’ve been waiting for this one for a while.

I’m sooo waiting for this.

Makkun

The full trailer is coming out November 15th with 007:Quantumn of Solace.

I’d go see the movie just to see this trailer! (I want to see the movie anyway but all the more reason@)

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:

I’d go see the movie just to see this trailer! (I want to see the movie anyway but all the more reason@)[/quote]

Oooooh! I hate movie theaters, but I might have to go see this one too…

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:

I’d go see the movie just to see this trailer! (I want to see the movie anyway but all the more reason@)

[/quote]

Yep. Looks like my opening night 007 ritual is still a go.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:

Yep. Looks like my opening night 007 ritual is still a go.[/quote]

I was wondering if you were going to see it. I think the last time you brought it up, you sounded like you were still on the fence about it.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Yep, I might make my dad go with me to see it in the theater.[/quote]

My father actually took me with him to see the original movie when it came out in the late 70’s. He was such a trekkie -lol. I’ll probably make a Father-Son day out of it too.

S

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:

Yep. Looks like my opening night 007 ritual is still a go.

I was wondering if you were going to see it. I think the last time you brought it up, you sounded like you were still on the fence about it.[/quote]

Can hardly pass it up with the Trek trailer. I’m going to get there early and sit way in back and growl at everyone that tries to sit next to me. Unless they look like Jessica Simpson.

Been a long time since Nemesis, hopefully this movie turns out solid.

[quote]red04 wrote:
Been a long time since Nemesis, hopefully this movie turns out solid.[/quote]

I’m still pissed about them killing Data and leaving us with retard-prototype android Data guy. How can you just end the series that way? All up in the air. At least we know Kirk is dead dead.

Speaking of Kirk’s death, Shatner actually talks about this in one of his books(Get A Life iirc), where about a week after filming it he wanted it scrapped or edited somehow because he felt like he was cheating the fans.

He called up Rick Bermen, who basically told him tough cookies, and he hasn’t felt right about it ever since. I have to agree with him. After all the shit Kirk went though he dies under a pile of rubble. They might as well have killed Superman by having him choke on his own vomit.

Star Trek first contact was cool. The borg is a great species for a villain.

The series “Enterprise” looked so promising, unfortunately it dragged at times.

Killing Kirk was an assclown thing to do, however with time travel stuff alternate universes etc… things could have changed and they chose not to.

JJ Abrams said they tried their best to fit future Kirk into this one, really? How hard could it have been? I think this will be a narration of Spock’s memoirs.

Of course with all the humpin’ captain Kirk did way back we could have seen other “off springs” pop up. Killing his son in Search for Spock was stupid as well IMO, yeah it created a personal moral rift for Kirk to deal with the Klingons but come on! Kill my son and I obliterate your species!

Wrath of Kahn, one of the best picking a character from the series bringing them into the movies, brilliant IMO.

I’m excited about it, but that bridge (from the pics) look like an Apple store. I’d prefer it was a little less, umm, glassy.

I am pretty pumped for it too… taking a lot of crapola from non-trek fans. JJ Abrhams pretty solid in my books too. Its hard being and undercover nerd lol

[quote]The Savage wrote:

The series “Enterprise” looked so promising, unfortunately it dragged at times.

[/quote]

Scott Backula was terrible, but otherwise I really liked Enterprise. I especially liked Jolene Blalock.

Spoilers here:

Article talks about the new trailer…I’d see the new Bond movie just for this trailer!