New Squat Suit ?

My question would be referring to the squat suits made of this respective material, and to someone that has used ALL three. What is the “best” material regarding stopping power/effectiveness/longevity?

I am looking to take a major step at the end of the year from my tired Inzer HC suit, even though its still pretty good for pulling in.

Metal also has a new “KING” material out…

EDIT: My title got edited.

I was referring to the Metal Viking, Inzer PGX (Rage X material) and the Titan SUPER+ material.

Which three materials are you talking about?

[quote]mattwray wrote:
Which three materials are you talking about?[/quote]

Prolly NXG super+, PGX and whatever Metal make their suits out of.

You cannot get a definitive answer as to what is best, because different people like different gear.

I’ll give some of my opinions though.

I have used squat suits or briefs made of Metal Pro, Metal Ace, Canvas, Hardcore, blast, and Rage-X materials. Never used Titan stuff, but I have heard the new Super NXG or whatever it is called (BOSS) is killer.

Rage-X (Predator, T-Rex) has great stopping power, but seems to stretch out pretty quick. It also has little pop in my experience. I like them for training but not competition. They also go on in about 1 minute, big plus.

Metal Pro, not a lot of stopping power, but GREAT pop. I have a Pro suit that is 2-3 years old now and if I’m at the right weight for that suit, it still kicks ass like it is new.

Just tried out Metal Ace recently. That stuff is SICK. Killer stopping power and killer pop. Cannot comment on longevity as I just got them.

If you look at Metal, I don’t think you should go with viking. By looking at your lifts, I think this is too much suit for you. This is not an insult. My training partner wears viking briefs, and in the briefs alone it took 385 to get to parallel.

If you are looking at a multi-ply fed (I’m assuming you are) I would look at Metal Pro. There is a very easy learning curve to this gear and it is great gear with a long life.

Stay strong

I’m a big fan of the Boss material. I have had one Boss suit and two pairs of the briefs. That said, it can be pretting unforgivign material- similar to canvas.

I like my Metal Pro Squatter as well. It is a great suit for a novice- does bind up like the stiffer materials other there. However, it has been my experience the regular Metal material does not really give a lot of pop unless it is hellaciously tight.

I would think of the Metal Pro material as being like the Inzer HC material- just a thicker and somewhat springier.

Hey Matt - how ya doing?! Long time no see. I’ve just been working out and finishing up school. No meets planned any time soon. I’m moving to Chicago so much engergy is directed towards that.

So the ACE briefs kick ass…? I’ve heard they are too much. I’m very interested though because I squat kinda slow (not canvas slow), but kinda slow for poly. Anyways, do you think they are worth it? I may be getting that king deadlifter too, but it may be bad mojo, as my only deadlift suit i’ve ever bought (my metal pro) has taken me from 600-700 in 2 yrs.

So how are things in your neck of the woods? Let me know if you are ever in DFW and want to train (or Chicago after august).

[quote]dead_lifter5000 wrote:
Hey Matt - how ya doing?! Long time no see. I’ve just been working out and finishing up school. No meets planned any time soon. I’m moving to Chicago so much engergy is directed towards that.

So the ACE briefs kick ass…? I’ve heard they are too much. I’m very interested though because I squat kinda slow (not canvas slow), but kinda slow for poly. Anyways, do you think they are worth it? I may be getting that king deadlifter too, but it may be bad mojo, as my only deadlift suit i’ve ever bought (my metal pro) has taken me from 600-700 in 2 yrs.

So how are things in your neck of the woods? Let me know if you are ever in DFW and want to train (or Chicago after august). [/quote]

I think the ACE are insane. My next meet will probably be Dec and I’m thinking of wearing them under my double hardcore because under anything else would be too much. Although I want to try under my canvas since it is too big right now. It might be just the right combo.

If they are for you I think depends on how much you squat and if you like poly. I think for anyone below 600 they may be too much, but if you are around there or above they should be good.

I have a friend who should be moving to Chicago here soon too. He used to lift with Donnie Thompson and Marc Bartley, when you head out there shoot me a PM and if it is cool with him (I’m sure it would be) I’ll send you his contact info.

I have recently swithched from Metal poly to an Inzer Leviathin. It has a canvas front and back w/ poly sides. It is by far my favorite suit. I have used Titan, Metal, Frantz, and now Inzer. All these suits work great but my favorite is the Inzer Leviathin.

I’m pretty sure tigerack lifts in the WABDL so single ply might be more appropriate advice for him…

I’ll say this tho, I’ve used an inzer phenom that took 10 mintues and lots of effort to get on, and Iv’e used a Titan F6 that slides on it 2 mintues with minimal effort. I get at least 15kg extra out of the F6.

I recently got a Centurion NXG Super+ squat suit and even tho it goes on it about 2 or 3 mintues, and the straps are more akin to that of a singlet, size wise, I still get an easy 20=30kg out of it.

I recently tried it out for sumo pulling and with the straps down I reckon it gives at least 15kg.

I’m a big fan of Titan gear.

Well, if we’re talking single ply then yes, the OP would probably be happiest with the centurian. however, i was a titan disciple for years and really must say the inzer pxg material is much more comfortable and provides better rebound than the old nxg and the new nxg super plus. My last 2 meets I squatted in a fusion and my next meet in july I’ll be in the trx which is the same material with a different cut.

my recommendation is go with the inzer trx which will be a much more natural progression up from the hardcore and gives better rebound than titan, which is good for dive bombers like me, but if you really want more stopping power the go for the titan I guess.

The stiffness of the titan material though means it doesn’t hold its shape as well and you lose rebound from it pretty quickly. The inzer stuff holds shape a bit longer.

As far as the metal gear, I simply cannot recommend the ipf line of metal gear at all. at one time the Viking suits appeared to be the future, but nxgsuperplus leaves the metal stuff in the dust. Its simply an inferior product at this point.

[quote]robo1 wrote:

The stiffness of the titan material though means it doesn’t hold its shape as well and you lose rebound from it pretty quickly. The inzer stuff holds shape a bit longer.
[/quote]

I gotta dis-agree with that one… I don’t know if it’s because my gear’s a tad looser than it probably should be tho, but I’ve found it to hold it’s shape and give consistently good lifts.

I wash my gear after every session in Powerwash tho so I’m not sure if that’s helping.

I really like the stopping power the Titan gear has since I’m a fairly slow squatter. It takes some time to get used to tho.

I lift in the USAPL now, an affiliate of the IPF.

Single-ply gear only, no briefs.

I am gravitating to either the Titan SUPER+ or the Inzer TRX suit (since I am already very familiar with Inzer sizing)…

Hell, I may just even buy all three so I can tell the difference myself.

[quote]tigerak02 wrote:
I lift in the USAPL now, an affiliate of the IPF.

Single-ply gear only, no briefs.

I am gravitating to either the Titan SUPER+ or the Inzer TRX suit (since I am already very familiar with Inzer sizing)…

[/quote]

If you’re a fast squatter you’re probably better off with the Inzer gear. The new stuff’s meant to be amazing.

I’ve tried squatting fast in my centurion but find slower gives much better carryover.

Actually now this topics open… would “bouncy” knee wraps like the Inzers work better with a suit with good stopping power?

I currently use THP wraps which I believe are designed to stop the lifter in the hole.

[quote]tigerak02 wrote:

[/quote]

That is what I would suggest. The only real way to know what you’ll like the best and get the most out of is to use them all.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Actually now this topics open… would “bouncy” knee wraps like the Inzers work better with a suit with good stopping power?
[/quote]

I actually can’t feel the difference between different wraps unless they are different lengths, the longer the better. I just crank the shit out of them and go get after it.

The thp and inzer wraps are pretty much identical in fabric and design. The titan titanium wraps are what you want if you need more bounce out of the hole.

I actually disagree with a couple things posted here.

I don’t really understand the comment about the NXG fabric being too stiff and losing it’s shape and rebound too quickly.

The reality of it is if you are competing in poly gear, plan on having to alter it periodically.

We have NXG+ suits that we have altered easily 15 times and are more than 3 years old that are still in tact with no runs.

Once you accept that you should alter your gear for your specific application the bigger issue becomes durability of the fabric.

We never order a custom size. We just order a stock suit in a size we know will be a little loose and alter it from there. Literally every Centurion I have seen needs to be taken in immediately at the point where the harness overlaps on the hip. This is a standard alteration we do pretty much out of the bag.

I have experience altering Inzer and Metal gear (not the latest gen fabrics, though) and can state Titan kicks the hell out of them in terms of durability.

I have helped lifters wearing a t-rex and the fusion and am still amazed at how freaking tight they need to be worn to optimize performance.

I can get a “tight” Titan suit on a lifter in under 5 minutes whereas I literally hate pulling on an Inzer squat suit. If I see one coming out of a bag for a lifter I am helping, I vanish pretty quickly.

In regards to a suit losing rebound it is true that eventually a poly suit just dies, and by virtue of the fabric they will stretch over time but my experience has been, again assuming you alter it and understand the different nuances b/t altering a squat and DL suit, it takes quite a while.

We have squat suits that are easily 5 years old and have been used more times than I can count that are still going strong. The difference is we alter the suit to fit the lifter and make changes to it as it stretches.

In regards to wraps, it was stated somewhere in here that the Inzers and THP’s are similar.

This is absolutely incorrect. The Titanium are basically very similar to the Inzer’s (to the point of almost being knock-offs) whereas the THP actually have a chemical coating that makes them stiffer and they are what I would refer to as a cast wrap.

Lastly, as it relates to speed of descent in poly gear, assuming you are competing in a fed that requires you to break parallel, faster is always better. Poly gear, in particular a Centurion, is designed to be used with a fast descent.

The problem is it is a very hard technique to master and requires significant effort to make work so most people just never make the adjustment.