New Split

First off my stats
5’11"
152 Lbs
21 years old

I Have been reading lots and lots of workouts and excersices and diets and my head has been ringing. I had a Steady program going for about a month but I just didnt feel like I was pushing myself. One of my bodies who is a avid weightlifter set me with this new workout program to emphize on what I want to build the most.

So please by all means critque it,knock it do what you must, I just need a little insight. I’m trying to gain size and cut at the same time not sure if thats possible.

MON-Chest and Arms
3x8 bench press
3x8 incline press
3x8 Preacher curls
3x8 hammer curls
3x8 overhead tricep extensions
3x8 rope pulldown

Tue-cardio

Wednesday- Legs, shoulders, and back
3x8 squats
3x8 leg press
3x8 seated row
3x10 chin ups
3x8 military press
3x8 front lateral raises

thur- cardio

Fri- repeat of monday

sat-cardio

sun- off

I was told to do 8 reps with more weight vs the 3x10.

[quote]underoath813 wrote:
One of my bodies who is a avid weightlifter set me with this new workout program to emphize on what I want to build the most.[/quote]
Bro, that program isn’t “emphasizing” anything at all. It looks like a cookie-cutter program that every Fiction Fitness magazine publishes in January, for all the beginner’s to start the new year with. Let your buddy know that I’d like to throw a pink dumbbell at him.

[quote]
I’m trying to gain size and cut at the same time not sure if thats possible.[/quote]
It is, but it takes a bunch of attention, planning, and patience. I think it’s generally easier to focus on one goal at a time.

Well, your biceps are getting twice as much attention as your legs (quads, hamstrings, and calves, combined). Does that sound like it should that ever happen?!? NOPE!! I don’t like so many different things with this routine, it’s hard to figure out where to start.

True enough, in theory. Though I’d add an extra set and go 4x8. Better yet, try 4x8 one workout, 6x4 the next (obviously with even heavier weights.) That would provide an even more varied stiumulus, which lead you to even more progress.

Also, I’d prefer to see you split everything into just 2 sessions, and alternate between the workouts. Something like and upperbody/lower body split would give a bit more attention to everything, and would start you off being more well-rounded.

Waaayyy too much pressing and not enough pulling. Add some DB rows, BB rows, T bar rows, etc. And do more legs.

Thanx for the comments I really ppreciate it. Any ideas on full body workouts that you guys can give? Any reading on here that you guys could recomend as far as setting a program goes. Thanx and again I appreciate the help.

[quote]underoath813 wrote:
Thanx for the comments I really ppreciate it. Any ideas on full body workouts that you guys can give? Any reading on here that you guys could recomend as far as setting a program goes. Thanx and again I appreciate the help.[/quote]

Waterbury has a bunch of premade total body workouts that supposedly work very well.