New Split Questions

I turned 17 this summer, and I’ve been lifting for approximately 2 years. However, it wasn’t until a year ago that I got my diet and program intact. During this time, I’ve went from being the smallest and weakest one in my class (almost) to being among the top in overall strength. Especially pound for pound.

Now I am 5’7, 165 pounds with 11-12% BF. My bench max is 220, my squat max is 330, and my deadlift max is around 425. I know, I need to get my squat up.

Anyway, to my split…

Monday: Chest/Tris
Tuesday: Legs
Wednes: Rest
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Back

How does this look? I am training mostly for strength, but I am also looking to gain more mass. I don’t do very many sets or reps, but I use heavy weight. For example, for chest… I do 3 lifts. Flat BB bench - 2 sets
Incline DB bench - 2 Sets
Weighted Dips - 3 sets

That’s pretty much all I have to say, I choose intensity over quantity. Any critiques or comments over my routine will be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, i try to keep my reps below 8 at all times. For the big compound lifts, My reps are anywhere from 4-8. Occasionally, Ill only do 2 if I can’t get the 4 up.

Where I am stumped however, is on my smaller lifts… like tri pushdowns and such, should I stick to low reps for that? Or should I do 6-10 for the small lifts?

For advice on rep schemes, check out the many, many training programs on this site.

I would comment that you have 3 training days for your upper body, but only one for your lower. You might want to split your lower body into quad dominant and hip dominant days so that you’re giving it enough attention.

[quote]Augustus wrote:
For advice on rep schemes, check out the many, many training programs on this site.

I would comment that you have 3 training days for your upper body, but only one for your lower. You might want to split your lower body into quad dominant and hip dominant days so that you’re giving it enough attention.[/quote]

Well, I do deadlifts on back day. so…