T Nation

New Split for Strength & Power

Hey guys i train for strength and power. My goal is to be alot stronger and faster, and to have a low body fat. right now i have around 14% goal is 9-10%, and a hell of alot stronger.

my current split is

Monday:
Legs and Back
Chest and Arms
HFT

Tuesday:
Mobility, cardio
HFT.

Wednesday:
Chest and Back(light, variations)
Sprints and Core
HFT

Thursday:
HFT, Cardio

Friday:
Chest and Back
Legs and Core
HFT

Saturady:
Off(light cardio/sports)

Sunday:
HFT
Swimming

• HFT is High Frequency Training, which is cycled on for 3-4 weeks, 6 days a week, far from main work out. Off is 6-10 days.

All other exercises are mainly compound, with very limited isolation work.

Diet is clean 6 meals per day good
260g protein
EFA's
10g fish oil
limited carbs
good fats

Honestly I say this a ridiculous amount of volume and frequency for strength but what ever works for you.

The nature of strength & power routines require low overall volume to succeed. The schedule you suggest is volume dominant and does not appear to be designed with ‘strength & power’ as goals. It looks like endurance/frequencey/BF%-reduction plan.

the human body can adapt to most anything if stuck with for long enough.

this “working out/training” thing is all about experimenting with what works for you best.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
the human body can adapt to most anything if stuck with for long enough.

this “working out/training” thing is all about experimenting with what works for you best. [/quote]

Adaptation manifests itself in many ways…one athlete training for a marathon & another for a powerlifting meet are both adapting; but in different ways.

It does seem like alot of volume doesn’t it, but if you take into account the set and rep scheme, and the variation of active/passive recovery. But i always get 8 hrs of sleep unless i have to be at the base early for some weird reason. But i agrees from the way i presented it, is alot of volume, but if and when i quit making gains, i will rest for a week withe a refeed day, and then return to smash the when ready.