NEW Spiderman 3 Trailer

For those on Linux, the trailer at YouTube:

[quote]Ren wrote:
its christmas around here!!

2 clips with venom at the end:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5866757396576992173

the trailer in PGA’s first post had no Venom in it.

And it looks like Venom has some role in the movie, check out the attached image. Spidey in his normal costume surrounded by black webbing, which presumably can only come from the symbiote, aka Venom!![/quote]

Thanks for that link!

Is there any place to read a quick over-view of who all the characters are, where they came from and what they can do?

I pretty much only knew about Spiderman, Dr. Octopus, and the Green Goblin.

I knew of Venom and Carnage, but not where they came from and who they really are.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Is there any place to read a quick over-view of who all the characters are, where they came from and what they can do?

I knew of Venom and Carnage, but not where they came from and who they really are.[/quote]

http://marvel.com/ asshole! :slight_smile:

Nothing like having a three year old son that’ll be four next summer and already LOVES Spiderman.

We’ll be there the first weekend.

[quote]PGA wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:

I knew of Venom and Carnage, but not where they came from and who they really are.

http://marvel.com/ asshole! :-)[/quote]

Thanks, but I was looking to be spoon-fed the info instead of looking it up on their site.

If you wouldn’t mind, could you make a recording of you reading it to me as well. :wink:

Okay, I guess I’ll look it up.

Here are some links I found so far on that site in case anyone who reads this thread is as lazy as me:

I havent read the whole thing, but the wikipedia page appears to be detailed beyond belief.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I havent read the whole thing, but the wikipedia page appears to be detailed beyond belief.

Spider-Man - Wikipedia [/quote]

Thanks!
I wouldn’t have thought to look there.

Just what character is Topher Grace playing?

[quote]RagingBull wrote:
Just what character is Topher Grace playing?[/quote]

Wikipedia sais he’s playing Eddie Brock Jr.

The google video link doesn’t work for me. Anyone else having the problem?

Does anyone else think the peter parker symbiote suit looks really pansy?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:

Does anyone else think the peter parker symbiote suit looks really pansy?[/quote]

No. What else would it look like…but like his regular costume only black? The only difference between that and the comic is the comic version had a white spider symbol on the chest.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:

Does anyone else think the peter parker symbiote suit looks really pansy?[/quote]

looks like they took it down. try the youtube link someone posted.

This just popped up.

Leaked trailer…lots of half-finished effects shots, but the important shot is the very, very last one.

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/short-ends/short-ends-leaked-fugitive-spiderman-3-trailer-currently-hiding-out-in-google-videos-caves-214530.php

[quote]Professor X wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:

No. What else would it look like…but like his regular costume only black? The only difference between that and the comic is the comic version had a white spider symbol on the chest.[/quote]

The suit in the comics was way different. The spider symbol was much larger, and there were cool white rhombuses (rhonbi?) on the back of his hands.

The starkness of it made it one of the only costime redesigns that ever worked.

The movie black suit does look shitty, like Peter washed his costume too many times.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:

No. What else would it look like…but like his regular costume only black? The only difference between that and the comic is the comic version had a white spider symbol on the chest.

The suit in the comics was way different. The spider symbol was much larger, and there were cool white rhombuses (rhonbi?) on the back of his hands.

The movie black suit does look shitty, like Peter washed his costume too many times.

[/quote]

That’s like complaining because his eye holes in the suit look metallic instead of flat white like in the comics. Some changes are made for realism…and even though I doubted it to begin with, overall it has worked.

I downloaded one of them. I’d put it up here but I don’t wanna get T-Nation in trouble for it if other sites are having to remove it…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
harris447 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:

That’s like complaining because his eye holes in the suit look metallic instead of flat white like in the comics. Some changes are made for realism…and even though I doubted it to begin with, overall it has worked.[/quote]

Changes for realism are one thing. I always preferred the “web-pit” look, ut it wouldn’t have worked onscreen.

What I’m saying is that putting in all the detail and filigree of the red-and-blues on the black suit takes away from its starkness and simplicity, which was the beauty of the black costume.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Wrote stuff…just condensing
[/quote]

Har, remember though that the black costume meshed with his old one. This is the first time that it has dimension i.e. webings are raised, mesh, etc. So its only natural for the suit to take that same shape.

In the comics its 2d and flat so the only way to do a black suit it to paint it completely black. The webings on the suit in the comics are just painted/design not an actual form.

Also this is Sam. Sam can do whatever he wants and it will come out right. Has he even let us down?