New Species Discovered in Sand Dunes

"Most of Cerbalus aravensis’s habits remain a mystery, but the researchers say it is nocturnal and most active during the blazing summer heat. The spider lives in an underground den, hidden by a door that swings upwards to welcome unsuspecting prey like lizards and insects. To make the camouflage door, the spider patches together bits of sand.

The researchers believe the spider uses a ‘sit-and-wait’ hunting strategy, biding its time till prey approach, Shanas said."

Oh for fucks sake include the fact that it’s a nasty fucking spider in the title. Now I’m never gonna fall asleep.

shudders

That’s sweet, spiders are awesome. Especially really big spiders. They’re also sweet pets, imo that spider would be sweet because not only is it big, it’s a trapdoor spider which is definitely cooler than a plain funnel.

Dude ffs !! I was eating breakfast! Put an aracnophobia warning in the title next time

Now everytime I bite into these eggs I feel like a spider is going to run down my throat and eat my soul. Thank you OP.

I cant imagine wtf I would do if I saw that thing cruising around in real life. I would probably wanna hit it with a bat, but then it would probably swing around and latch onto my head.

Thing is creepy.

Beautiful specimen.

I don’t really fear spiders, although I regularly have dreams where large black spiders are living inside huge cocoons suspended from the ceiling in my house. I can see them crawling around inside the cocoon.

Everything with more than four limbs attached to it (five if we count tails) should be shot, roasted, blown to smithereens, run-over, thrown from great height and finally hung from a sturdy tree.
After the tree has been struck by lightning, the remains are to be loaded into a rocket and sent right into the sun.

Differing opinions? No? Good.

Hiding under a trap-door made from sand will not help you, demon… The inside of the sun awaits.

Somehow I don’t view the discovery of another spider in this world as a positive thing.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Everything with more than four limbs attached to it (five if we count tails) should be shot, roasted, blown to smithereens, run-over, thrown from great height and finally hung from a sturdy tree.
After the tree has been struck by lightning, the remains are to be loaded into a rocket and sent right into the sun.

Differing opinions? No? Good.

Hiding under a trap-door made from sand will not help you, demon… The inside of the sun awaits.

[/quote]

Dislike spiders much? Not that I am going to argue with you.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[/quote]

rofl

If perchance the spider were to become radioactive by accidentally being irradiated by a particle beam, I would let it bite me on the hand. You know for research purposes only.

That thing is hyyooooogeee! I need to know it’s scecret! But man I’m with C_C BURN IT WITH FIRE!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Beautiful specimen.

I don’t really fear spiders, although I regularly have dreams where large black spiders are living inside huge cocoons suspended from the ceiling in my house. I can see them crawling around inside the cocoon. [/quote]

that’s a fucking nightmare

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Oh for fucks sake include the fact that it’s a nasty fucking spider in the title. Now I’m never gonna fall asleep.

shudders[/quote]

Look at those legs, rr… I bet you that thing’s fast, too. He’d chase you down and suck you dry.

I think it’s pretty cool looking, myself.

man, what a bunch of puss-bags … big spiders don’t scare me … you can see em coming from mile away … it’s like being a afraid of a water buffalo … what’s really scary are the spiders that crawl on you while you’re asleep every night … now THAT’S creepy

Have a fun sleeping tonight :slight_smile:

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
That thing is hyyooooogeee! I need to know it’s scecret! But man I’m with C_C BURN IT WITH FIRE! [/quote]

Click the link, it’s only 5.5 inches across. There are MUCH larger spiders out there.

Nice…they look like those sand spiders. I have seen a picture with a few soldiers in Iraq holding one up. They are cool looking but they freak me the fuck out!

eww eww eww eww eww eww eww eww.

getoffame getoffame getoffame!

[quote]polo77j wrote:
man, what a bunch of puss-bags … big spiders don’t scare me … you can see em coming from mile away … it’s like being a afraid of a water buffalo … what’s really scary are the spiders that crawl on you while you’re asleep every night … now THAT’S creepy

Have a fun sleeping tonight :)[/quote]

Doesn’t the average person eat 3 spiders a year while asleep, because they crawl into your mouth. NICE!!