New Snatch Grip Deadlift Max - 525

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Strong as balls. Honest question, aren’t the straps taking some of the point of the lift away? Not knocking you at all, that’s a legit question.

To be honest, I haven’t met anyone who wasn’t limited by their grip with this exercise (although I’m sure there are some on this site).

It’s impossible to mix the grip so you have to use double overhand, and the wide hand placement on top of that makes it even harder to hold on to.[/quote]

Since when? I’ve seen plenty of people do it with mixed grip myself included. Awesome lift to the op, out of curiosity hot much do you weigh?

[quote]Typhoon wrote:
IronAbrams wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Strong as balls. Honest question, aren’t the straps taking some of the point of the lift away? Not knocking you at all, that’s a legit question.

To be honest, I haven’t met anyone who wasn’t limited by their grip with this exercise (although I’m sure there are some on this site).

It’s impossible to mix the grip so you have to use double overhand, and the wide hand placement on top of that makes it even harder to hold on to.

Since when? I’ve seen plenty of people do it with mixed grip myself included. Awesome lift to the op, out of curiosity hot much do you weigh?
[/quote]

awesome dude, the video just inspires me to work twice as hard now.

[quote]deadlift655 wrote:
Therizza wrote:
How tall are you btw

6’2" [/quote]

Holy shit, that’s even more impressive! You have great mobility

I didn’t know those platforms could hold that kind of weight.
Great lift!

shit, you could have warned us. 525 is a crazy snatch grip deadlift, but to do it from a 4" deficit is just awesome.

I’m glad you weigh 290, it makes me feel a bit better!!

Beastly lift. Great stuff. Thanks for posting that. Keep packing on the lbs!!

I don:t even know what to write…just wow

[quote]Typhoon wrote:
IronAbrams wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

It’s impossible to mix the grip so you have to use double overhand, and the wide hand placement on top of that makes it even harder to hold on to.

[/quote]

“Dude you are the man”

You are kidding aren’t you, this exercise was originally an exercise to develop the bottom of the snatch pull, throwers picked it up around 40 years ago, and did them slow in strict style, kept back flat lowering slowly in same style as upward pull, oh and usually shrugged at top and raised on toes on lowers weights.

Bondachuck lists around 120 execises in his book Long Term Prep of Throwers, does not list the dead but does list snatch grip deads, and from what I have heard his throwers use that and close grip power snatches as a staple.

Where I train our 19 yr old 77 kg snatched 125 last weekend …and he uses straps when he snatch grip deads (they pause at below knee and relower) he only uses around 140 and uses straps…

Internet has changed all that,

I have a vison of you doing your snatch pulls with a mixed grip,…and your power snatches, …don’t worry I imagaine you not using straps…

okay flame away…

Internet gets dumber each year…

. . .

Anyway, holy shit that was impressive.

[quote]GMH454 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
IronAbrams wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

“Dude you are the man”

You are kidding aren’t you, this exercise was originally an exercise to develop the bottom of the snatch pull, throwers picked it up around 40 years ago, and did them slow in strict style, kept back flat lowering slowly in same style as upward pull, oh and usually shrugged at top and raised on toes on lowers weights.

Bondachuck lists around 120 execises in his book Long Term Prep of Throwers, does not list the dead but does list snatch grip deads, and from what I have heard his throwers use that and close grip power snatches as a staple.

Where I train our 19 yr old 77 kg snatched 125 last weekend …and he uses straps when he snatch grip deads (they pause at below knee and relower) he only uses around 140 and uses straps…

Internet has changed all that,

I have a vison of you doing your snatch pulls with a mixed grip,…and your power snatches, …don’t worry I imagaine you not using straps…

okay flame away…

Internet gets dumber each year…
[/quote]

Where is my post do you see me talk about power snatches or snatch pulls ( I assume you mean high pulls) I simply responded to the poster before me that said it is impossible to use mixed grip with wide grip for the snatch grip deadlift. Deadlift you can mix grip but place your hands a few inches further apart and something happens that you cant use mixed grip? Ofcourse if you plan on high pulling the lift or doing a power snatch we arent even talking about the same exercise anymore.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I like it! Nice pull! I appreciate it a lot considering I pulled five snatch grip doubles at 455 from a 2" deficit at a BW of 225 just tonight.

I have pulled from 4" and the extra 2" is a lot at those kind of poundages.[/quote]

After I read this, I realized I had never actually measured out what the combined deficit was. The total was ~5 3/4 ". Thanks for the feedback.

[quote]GMH454 wrote:

[/quote]

Does he compete with USAW? Just curious who you are referring to…