New Slipknot CD

[quote]pookie wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
pookie wrote:
Blah.

It’s OK, it will definitely work as lifting music.

Works for me. I’m usually happy with any CD as long as there’s at least a song or two that are ‘workout worthy’.

Don’t you get annoyed with having to put up with the uninspired filler that surrounds those few good tracks? Whether you listen to them or not?

Anyway, I’ve been listening to the first “single” from the new Metallica album “The Day that Never Comes” and it sound very promising. Can’t wait for Death Magnetic to come out.
[/quote]

Metallica is making another album? They fell off 20 years ago.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Metallica is making another album? They fell off 20 years ago.[/quote]

Sure did. But they were great once, so hope springs eternal.

St. Anger was much better than the previous crap they unloaded (ha ha) on their fans. If only it didn’t sound like it was recorded at the bottom of a tin can… And you pretend not to hear the dumber than dumb lyrics. Death style? Tick tock? WTF James?

Anyway, the 1st track from Death Magnetic is better IMHO than Slipknot’s entire album. Of course, that’s not saying much, but still, the potential is there.

well despite all the hating, the torrent for slipknots new cd has been out for about a week; just a heads up

I’m just waiting for the next Tool album to shit over all of this current music.

I’m very unimpressed with psychosocial, is the rest of the CD any better?

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
I’m just waiting for the next Tool album to shit over all of this current music. [/quote]

Haha and you shall be disappointed

[quote]Aggro wrote:
I’m very unimpressed with psychosocial, is the rest of the CD any better?[/quote]

Wow, a thumbs down on Psychosocial…

I like it. I really only started listening over the past several months, though.

SlapKnut is a terrible, gimmicky band. Joey Jordison is NOT a good drummer, despite what the rest of the ignorant world thinks.

If you all want to wake up and stop listening to mainstream “radio metal”, I recommend you trash your SkitKock cd’s immediately and listen to something along these lines:

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
SlapKnut is a terrible, gimmicky band. Joey Jordison is NOT a good drummer, despite what the rest of the ignorant world thinks.

If you all want to wake up and stop listening to mainstream “radio metal”, I recommend you trash your SkitKock cd’s immediately and listen to something along these lines:

nah dude, thrash and crossover are way cooler. THese guys should be listening to SOD and slayer.

Or Municipal Waste

Don’t forget Toxic Holocaust and Warbringer too!

Slapsuck sounds like 8 grizzly bears wearing prison suits beating on trash cans while a Tree Sloth pukes into a microphone. Seriously. Slipknot isn’t “hardcore” at all. They’re part of the guilty abomination called “Nu-Metal”.

I know Slipknot gets pissed on alot because they aren’t as “hardcore” as Nile, Origin, Gorgoroth,guy-belching-into-mic-about-paganism,
whatever…fair enough…but they have a lot of good workout tunes in my opinion. (Sic), Heretic Anthem, All Hope is Gone, Wait and Bleed, etc.

I’m a big fan of alot of “heavier” bands than slipknot, but sometimes a song gets so heavy that its no longer good to workout to…at least to me. That Nile song posted has insane drumming and everything, but I couldn’t imagine working out to it. Its like a wall of sound.

I recommend you trash your SkitKock cd’s immediately and listen to something along these lines:

Shouldn’t they be recording on a day when the “singer” isn’t having an indigestion?

[quote]pookie wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:
I recommend you trash your SkitKock cd’s immediately and listen to something along these lines:

Shouldn’t they be recording on a day when the “singer” isn’t having an indigestion?[/quote]

Hey don’t diss on Death Metal. At least it’s not some guy puking into a microphone about running razorblades over his wrists and how much “pain” he has inside.

:rolleyes: at Slipknot’s lyrical content and “maggot” fanbase of angst ridden, ,self-conscious zit popping pre-teen kids.

Hey don’t diss on Death Metal. At least it’s not some guy puking into a microphone about running razorblades over his wrists and how much “pain” he has inside.[/quote]

Well, what’s with that vocal style? Often, the music is pretty good, but then the lead singer (for want of a better term) starts channeling rabid-dog-with-a-cold into the mic. What’s up with that?

The idiot who first had that idea should be shot and the oh-so-original idiots who all copied him should be slowly tortured, then shot in the testicles.

I’ve never been a big Slipknot fan; some of their tracks are good, but it’s more the exception than the rule. The lyrics are always bland and unoriginal, you’re better off not knowing what he’s going on about. One thing though, I don’t really give a shit about their fan base; just whether I like it or not.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
pookie wrote:
Blah.

It’s OK, it will definitely work as lifting music.[/quote]

its not my style personally.

I do like a couple of the songs but I couldnt get into it

passed it off to my sister whish is into this kind of music and she loved it.

Agreed 100% on Slipknot lyrics, but do you really care while working out? Their older stuff has nice (heavyish) beats which are good for not paying attention to.

Good call on Nile, but a lot of death metal I agree with pookie… the rhythm and vocals are so ridiculous it doesn’t put you in a good mood for lifting

pookie wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

Shouldn’t they be recording on a day when the “singer” isn’t having an indigestion?

Hey don’t diss on Death Metal. At least it’s not some guy puking into a microphone about running razorblades over his wrists and how much “pain” he has inside.
[/quote]

There’s a difference?? Besides…stop “dissing” ahem trolling on every music thread thats not about Death Metal.

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
Agreed 100% on Slipknot lyrics, but do you really care while working out? Their older stuff has nice (heavyish) beats which are good for not paying attention to.

Good call on Nile, but a lot of death metal I agree with pookie… the rhythm and vocals are so ridiculous it doesn’t put you in a good mood for lifting [/quote]

I agree. I like my workout music to have a certain pace to it otherwise it’s distracting.

I rarely pay attention to the lyrics when I’m working out, but I usually can’t understand what they are saying anyway.

The problem I have with a lot of death metal is I can’t discern a lot of their songs from their other songs. I guess this just shows the huge difference in tastes of music we all have.

I listen to death metal and all I hear is one continuous double bass pedal and a bunch of gutteral roaring into the music.