T Nation

New Slipknot CD

i know a lot of people on this site enjoy some hardcore mnusic so thought i’d just mention one of my favourite bands slipknot is releasing their new cd; all hope is gone next week but if your like me then the CD is alreaddy available for download.

Slipknot is fucking awesome…I think they have each song on their new CD available for a 90 second preview on their site (www.slipknot1.com) if anyone is interested.

This CD will be played on my ipod for about the next two months worth of lifting. Well worth the wait.

As much as everyone says Slipknot are posers(which they are), I still am not ashamed to like them. Everything they write is pretty catchy. Already got the first 2 singles and I will be ripping the whole thing when its out.

I don’t mind people liking their own kinds of music…

but DON’T CALL SLIPKNOT HARDCORE, PLEASE!

I’m looking forward to this as well. It seems like half of my workout mix are Slipknot songs anyway (The Blister Exists is probably one of my favorite workout songs ever).

Although I’m curious, I’ve heard people recently say they are posers or whatever. Why is that? I don’t really follow what bands do outside of their music anymore. Do they say stupid shit in interviews or something?

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
I don’t mind people liking their own kinds of music…

but DON’T CALL SLIPKNOT HARDCORE, PLEASE![/quote]

Usually wouldn’t chime in, but I’ll make an exception in this case.

I had this debate with some “real NYHC” kids a few years ago as well. While Hardcore is a specific genre of music (noun) it is also an adjective used to describe all sorts of different types of things. Including music. I am guessing this is what the OP meant. Maybe not, but like I said I’ve had this conversation many a time…

And on the topic of the thread… Slipknot used to bring it, but are now only a mildly-heavier version of Stone Sour in my opinion. I call “Meh.”

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:
I don’t mind people liking their own kinds of music…

but DON’T CALL SLIPKNOT HARDCORE, PLEASE!

Usually wouldn’t chime in, but I’ll make an exception in this case.

I had this debate with some “real NYHC” kids a few years ago as well. While Hardcore is a specific genre of music (noun) it is also an adjective used to describe all sorts of different types of things. Including music. I am guessing this is what the OP meant. Maybe not, but like I said I’ve had this conversation many a time…

And on the topic of the thread… Slipknot used to bring it, but are now only a mildly-heavier version of Stone Sour in my opinion. I call “Meh.”[/quote]

No, linkin park is more hardcore than slipknot…

and here is why the NYHC kids were right…

New York Hardcore is the purest hardcore music to ever happen… I wouldn’t piss off a group of them though, for your own personal safety. The kids of that scene aren’t the smartest…

[quote]mpd21487 wrote:
Slipknot is fucking awesome…I think they have each song on their new CD available for a 90 second preview on their site (www.slipknot1.com) if anyone is interested.[/quote]

Gee, how nice of them.

But since the RIAA and record labels all assume we’re criminals anyway, I’m going to download the whole thing in .mp3 at 320kbps.

Then, if A) I like it and B) the CD is not DRMed, I’ll buy it.

Damn, the whole thing downloaded while I was typing this… how cool is that?

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
LowfatMatt wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:
I don’t mind people liking their own kinds of music…

but DON’T CALL SLIPKNOT HARDCORE, PLEASE!

Usually wouldn’t chime in, but I’ll make an exception in this case.

I had this debate with some “real NYHC” kids a few years ago as well. While Hardcore is a specific genre of music (noun) it is also an adjective used to describe all sorts of different types of things. Including music. I am guessing this is what the OP meant. Maybe not, but like I said I’ve had this conversation many a time…

And on the topic of the thread… Slipknot used to bring it, but are now only a mildly-heavier version of Stone Sour in my opinion. I call “Meh.”

No, linkin park is more hardcore than slipknot…

and here is why the NYHC kids were right…

New York Hardcore is the purest hardcore music to ever happen… I wouldn’t piss off a group of them though, for your own personal safety. The kids of that scene aren’t the smartest…

[/quote]

yay for AF

It’s ahem available on mininova

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:

And on the topic of the thread… Slipknot used to bring it, but are now only a mildly-heavier version of Stone Sour in my opinion. I call “Meh.”[/quote]

Just gave the CD a once-through and completely agree with this…

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
LowfatMatt wrote:

And on the topic of the thread… Slipknot used to bring it, but are now only a mildly-heavier version of Stone Sour in my opinion. I call “Meh.”

Just gave the CD a once-through and completely agree with this…[/quote]

Yeah, I’m still a fan, but they peaked with their first two albums. Subliminal Verses had its moments but was much weaker than their earlier stuff. I’m hoping the new album brings some more intensity.

Hooray for free music.

Just got it, giving it a listen now.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Hooray for free music.

Just got it, giving it a listen now.[/quote]

How is it?

Blah.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Blah.[/quote]

It’s OK, it will definitely work as lifting music.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
pookie wrote:
Blah.

It’s OK, it will definitely work as lifting music.[/quote]

Works for me. I’m usually happy with any CD as long as there’s at least a song or two that are ‘workout worthy’.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
pookie wrote:
Blah.

It’s OK, it will definitely work as lifting music.

Works for me. I’m usually happy with any CD as long as there’s at least a song or two that are ‘workout worthy’. [/quote]

Don’t you get annoyed with having to put up with the uninspired filler that surrounds those few good tracks? Whether you listen to them or not?

Anyway, I’ve been listening to the first “single” from the new Metallica album “The Day that Never Comes” and it sound very promising. Can’t wait for Death Magnetic to come out.

[quote]pookie wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
pookie wrote:
Blah.

It’s OK, it will definitely work as lifting music.

Works for me. I’m usually happy with any CD as long as there’s at least a song or two that are ‘workout worthy’.

Don’t you get annoyed with having to put up with the uninspired filler that surrounds those few good tracks? Whether you listen to them or not?

Anyway, I’ve been listening to the first “single” from the new Metallica album “The Day that Never Comes” and it sound very promising. Can’t wait for Death Magnetic to come out.
[/quote]

I do. I scratch my head as to why bands even bother putting those filler songs on the album. That’s why I take the good tracks and put them on my iPod. I rarely listen to a complete CD anymore, at least not after the first or second time through it.