T Nation

New Side Effect, Muscle Cramps

I have never experienced this before and I am wondering if anyone else has suffered similar.

|I am getting serious muscle cramps, mostly in my forearms a lot like a charlie horse.

These come and go at anytime, earlier I was holding the phone to my ear for about 5 minutes and because of this my whole arm siezed up and to straighten my arm out I experienced searing pain in my bicep and forearm.

I also have rather swollen tight hands.

I do not think I am suffering from too much water retention right now.

I am currently using

HGH 2 x 4iu a day 5 on 2 off
Metformin 400mg with high carb meals up to 2 a day
sustanon 125mg EOD
Adex 0.25mg E5D

Isn’t the Metf the only thing you haven’t run before?

"Metformin Side Effects
Metformin has some minor effects, including headache, loss of appetite, metallic taste in mouth, nausea, stomach discomfort, or gas. These side effects should lessen as your body adjusts to the drug.

Tell your doctor about any side effects that are persistent or particularly bothersome. IT IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT TO TELL YOUR DOCTOR about anxiousness; cold sweats; diarrhea; excessive hunger; fast, shallow breathing; headache; muscle cramps or pain; rapid pulse; shakiness; unusual sleepiness; or unusual tiredness or weakness."

‘Muscle Cramps’=best guess.

I’m sure Bushy knows why…but there you have it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Drug Interactions

Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is not recommended. Your doctor may decide not to treat you with this medication or change some of the other medicines you take.

* Acetrizoic Acid
* Bosentan
* Diatrizoate
* Ethiodized Oil
* Iobenzamic Acid
* Iobitridol
* Iocarmic Acid
* Iocetamic Acid
* Iodamide
* Iodipamide
* Iodixanol
* Iodohippuric Acid
* Iodopyracet
* Iodoxamic Acid
* Ioglicic Acid
* Ioglycamic Acid
* Iohexol
* Iomeprol
* Iopamidol
* Iopanoic Acid
* Iopentol
* Iophendylate
* Iopromide
* Iopronic Acid
* Ioseric Acid
* Iosimide
* Iotasul
* Iothalamate
* Iotrolan
* Iotroxic Acid
* Ioversol
* Ioxaglate
* Ioxitalamic Acid
* Ipodate
* Metrizamide
* Metrizoic Acid
* Tyropanoate Sodium

Other Interactions

Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. Discuss with your healthcare professional the use of your medicine with food, alcohol, or tobacco.

Using this medicine with any of the following is usually not recommended, but may be unavoidable in some cases. If used together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use this medicine, or give you special instructions about the use of food, alcohol, or tobacco.

* Ethanol

Other Medical Problems

The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:

* Acid in the blood (acidosis or ketoacidosis) or
* Surgery (major)�??Use of insulin is best to help control diabetes in patients with these conditions.

* Blood poisoning or
* Dehydration (severe) or
* Heart or blood vessel disorders or
* Kidney disease or
* Liver disease�??Lactic acidosis can occur in these conditions and chances of it occurring are even greater with a medicine that contains metformin.

* Kidney, heart, or other problems that require medical tests or examinations that use certain medicines called contrast agents, with x-ray exams�??Because this medicine contains metformin, your doctor should advise you to stop taking it before you have any medical exams or diagnostic tests that might cause less urine output than usual; you may be advised to start taking the medicine again 48 hours after the exams or tests if your kidney function is tested and found to be normal.

Smoke?..gives a tobacco warning…

Who knows, but sounds like it is something that could interact with a lot of substances causing some sides. But like Bushy said, probably stop the MF and reassess.

I get wicked muscle cramps on my anadrol/winstrol combo.

Anytime I stretch a muscle a little, especially if said muscle has been relaxed for a while, the muscle cramps up bad for a second, then slowly releases the tension.

Example: The first few steps down a flight of stairs my quads cramps up hard. Or if I reach out to the side a bit too fast, my pecs and biceps tense up.

Am I drinking too little water? Is it the drol or the anadrol? Am I just some cramp-prone freak?

Oh, and I also get the forearm-phone cramping.

Thanks a lot fella’s

Nice one Getswole :smiley:

I do not smoke no.

I was hoping that the cramps are not a symptom of Lactic acidosis, that is my main concern.

I have had a few days off the metf mostly due to my diet being low carb for a few days.

I will take a nother few days off and monitor the effects, I will also try lowering the GH for a few days and see if that might be it.

Thanks a lot

I don’t know what nutrients these supps you take require, or may or may not be using up in your body, but, I’ve found the Cal-Mag (Calcium-Magnesium) supplement to work wonders with cramping. It’s a cheap fix, as well.