New Sheiko Programs Available

I finally was able to download the spreadsheets. At first glance, they don’t seem much different from the programs that have already made the net.

I always operated under the understanding that the standard Sheiko programs were created for specific athletes and should be taken as examples or guides, not dogma. The volume/percentages on the main lifts are laid out very intelligently, something that is hard to recognize on paper, and I think part of the genius is that by the end of week 1, you’ll know what your weaknesses are because they’ll throb and burn. That’s when I started to adjust the assistance work and made it my own.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:
I finally was able to download the spreadsheets. At first glance, they don’t seem much different from the programs that have already made the net.

I always operated under the understanding that the standard Sheiko programs were created for specific athletes and should be taken as examples or guides, not dogma. The volume/percentages on the main lifts are laid out very intelligently, something that is hard to recognize on paper, and I think part of the genius is that by the end of week 1, you’ll know what your weaknesses are because they’ll throb and burn. That’s when I started to adjust the assistance work and made it my own. [/quote]

I posted up my email twice man. I guess the mods dont like that.

I am glad that you got them though.

[quote]trivium wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

I always operated under the understanding that the standard Sheiko programs were created for specific athletes and should be taken as examples or guides, not dogma. The volume/percentages on the main lifts are laid out very intelligently, something that is hard to recognize on paper, and I think part of the genius is that by the end of week 1, you’ll know what your weaknesses are because they’ll throb and burn. That’s when I started to adjust the assistance work and made it my own. [/quote]

I posted up my email twice man. I guess the mods dont like that.

I am glad that you got them though.[/quote]

For the actual program, whats the difference?

Hey guys. I’ve started Sheiko’s 4 day program for class 1/CMS lifters. I don’t have access to chains to do the deadlifts with chains. What would be the best replacement? Would you recommend deadlifts paused at the knees or regular deadlifts or something different? Also, should I used the percentages given or add 8-10kg on each side to make up for the chain weight? Many thanks.

So how about doing Sheiko with different assistance as long as it hits the same musculature?

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:
So how about doing Sheiko with different assistance as long as it hits the same musculature?[/quote]

I think it should work if you adjust the intensity accordingly. I’m currently doing competition squats for the first session and either beltless front squats (@80%) or beltless high bar squats (@90%) for the second session. Seems to be going well.

[quote]deadman1206 wrote:
Hey guys. I’ve started Sheiko’s 4 day program for class 1/CMS lifters. I don’t have access to chains to do the deadlifts with chains. What would be the best replacement? Would you recommend deadlifts paused at the knees or regular deadlifts or something different? Also, should I used the percentages given or add 8-10kg on each side to make up for the chain weight? Many thanks.[/quote]

Go to Lowes, or the Home Depot. Get some zip ties, duct tape, and chain. Put a zip ties through one of the chain links and around the barbell (not too tight, they have to slide on and off). When you get the right size, cut the ends off the zip ties, and wrap all of them together with the duct tape.

I didn’t have boards to press off of, so I went and bought some wood and wood screws. I went home, took a pencil and drew a template for what they should look like. I cut them up, routed the edges, sanded them down a bit, and screwed them together. Wrote my name on em with a permanent marker and I was done. It cost 15 bucks. Now my gym has boards.

Contrary to popular belief, you can make a lot of quality equipment at home.

Don’t make life more complicated than it has to be.

If you need bands, eliteFTS has some you can order. They do specials all the time.

I haven’t taken a detailed look at the programs yet and I am not going to run them anytime soon, but, what are the major differences between the under 80 kg and the over 80 kg program? I am right square dead in the middle of those two weight classes at 177 lbs (80.45 kg).

[quote]KevinGray10 wrote:
I haven’t taken a detailed look at the programs yet and I am not going to run them anytime soon, but, what are the major differences between the under 80 kg and the over 80 kg program? I am right square dead in the middle of those two weight classes at 177 lbs (80.45 kg).[/quote]

I haven’t delved into sheiko yet.

I am still just starting to be an intermediate lifter in my book.

Just download them all and take a look man. They are completely free of charge at the moment.

I downloaded them and I’ll take a better look tomorrow. This question isn’t too relevant because I plan on being well above 80 kg by the time I actually run this program.

I haven’t taken a detailed look at the programs yet and I am not going to run them anytime soon, but, what are the major differences between the under 80 kg and the over 80 kg program? I am right square dead in the middle of those two weight classes at 177 lbs (80.45 kg).[/quote]

Over 80kg is less volume, primarily due to shaving down the number of warm-up sets and other sets prior to doing the top sets on certain days. It’s intended for bigger or older trainees who need additional recovery.

I downloaded them and I’ll take a better look tomorrow. This question isn’t too relevant because I plan on being well above 80 kg by the time I actually run this program.[/quote]

Could you send me the link for both <80kg and 80kg> please mate? I’m really keen to read up on them!

I checked his new website/forum out and I was pretty disappointed in his generic shit advice.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
I checked his new website/forum out and I was pretty disappointed in his generic shit advice. [/quote]

I haven’t looked at his forum. What did you find?

I checked his new website/forum out and I was pretty disappointed in his generic shit advice. [/quote]

I think maybe it’s supposed to be that way, unless you’re paying for the services?

[quote]Haldor wrote:

I think maybe it’s supposed to be that way, unless you’re paying for the services?[/quote]

That is kind of how most things on the internet are these days. But if you look in the right places, there are gems.

Plus, you can learn from so many other sources than just one particular place. Forums are a great place for sharing knowledge. It is like one giant think tank.

In my opinion, sets and reps at percentages are great, but PL form is the most important thing you can have. That is what I would pay big bucks for.

I did the 3 day for under 80kg. Squat went from 360 to 380, bench 195 to 203 (hit 210 during training), and dead went from 405 to 418 all in a meet. The 418 dead was smoked so I would liberally say I had around 430 in me. I liked it a lot!