New Routine Critique

Please take a look at my routine and critique it. I am in my mid 50s and amount of time during the day and taking longer to recover has me rethinking what I do. My main goal is over fitness and health. I would do light stretching ans mobility on lifting and conditioning days. Thanks

Day 1
Squat 5/3/1 + FSL
Straight Leg Deadlift 3x5
Leg Raise 3x10

Day 2
Prowler

Day 3
Off

Day 4
Bench Press 5/3/1 + FSL
Chin-ups 3x10
Pushdowns 3x10

Day 5
Airdyne

Day 6
Off

Day 7
Squat Deload Weight
Deadlift 5/3/1
Back Raises 3x10

Day 8
Prowler

Day 9
Off

Day 10
Press 5/3/1 + FSL
BB Rows 3x10
Barbell Curls 3x10

Day 11
Airdyne

Day 12
Off

Day 13
Start over

One thought I just had is, if you are struggling to recover perhaps prowler the day after heavy deads or squats is not the best idea? of course I have no idea on the intensity levels or anything, but you could try swapping that with an upper body movement?

[quote]pyrahmania wrote:
One thought I just had is, if you are struggling to recover perhaps prowler the day after heavy deads or squats is not the best idea? of course I have no idea on the intensity levels or anything, but you could try swapping that with an upper body movement?[/quote]

Sorry I got busy forgot I started this thread. I was doing this previously:

Monday
Squat 5/3/1 + FSL
Straight Leg Deadlift 3x5
Leg Raise 3x10
Prowler

Tuesday
Bench Press 5/3/1 + FSL
Chin-ups 3x10
Pushdowns 3x10
Airdyne

Wednesday
Off

Thursday
Squat Deload Weight
Deadlift 5/3/1
Back Raises 3x10
Prowler

Friday
Press 5/3/1 + FSL
BB Rows 3x10
Barbell Curls 3x10
Airdyne

Sat/Sun off

Current 1 rep max

Squat 345
Deadlift 415
Bench 225
Press 145

It’s hard to give a good critique with the vague goals listed, think of something concrete to achieve.

To me it looks like you’ve got enough days in between lower body activity to be okay, if it becomes an issue adjust accordingly. Maybe hit the battle rope or something if knees become achy.

That being said, I like the look of the set-up, looks well rounded. How do you feel about the ab wheel?

[quote]TX iron wrote:
It’s hard to give a good critique with the vague goals listed, think of something concrete to achieve.

To me it looks like you’ve got enough days in between lower body activity to be okay, if it becomes an issue adjust accordingly. Maybe hit the battle rope or something if knees become achy.

That being said, I like the look of the set-up, looks well rounded. How do you feel about the ab wheel?[/quote]

My goals are to maintain the strength I have and increase my conditioning and flexibility(things I have neglected in the past). I am beginning to have issues with age related conditions such as arthritis and rising blood pressure and cholesterol which until a couple years ago were good. So I am working on my diet as well. As far as the ab wheel I used it years ago but did not really like it.