T Nation

New Ronnie Interview: Compete in 09

www.flexonline.com/ronnie_coleman_interview/news/564

FLEX: OK. This last question can just be a true or false, you don’t have to give me any more than that if you don’t want to. True or false: Ronnie Coleman will compete in an IFBB contest in 2009.
Ronnie: Ummmm … I’ll say true.

So, thoughts on Ronnie competing in 09? I don’t like it. he has nothing to prove and should stay retired.

[quote]Lunarisx718 wrote:
www.flexonline.com/ronnie_coleman_interview/news/564

FLEX: OK. This last question can just be a true or false, you don’t have to give me any more than that if you don’t want to. True or false: Ronnie Coleman will compete in an IFBB contest in 2009.
Ronnie: Ummmm … I’ll say true.

So, thoughts on Ronnie competing in 09? I don’t like it. he has nothing to prove and should stay retired. [/quote]

He also has nothing to lose. The man succeeded where some other Olympia’s didn’t. He is likable and people pay attention to him. I honestly wouldn’t feel bad for him at all if he competed yet didn’t win. I bet he would still enjoy it and I also bet he would make some decent change on a video of him training for it.

Coleman is a beast, and if the time off helps him recover from his injuries and bring his waist down, then yea id want to see him compete again.I think if he brings back his 2001 olympia form, he will win many competitions yet.

I’m a fan of his, so I’m all for it.

Like ProfX said, I’d like to see him make a training video or maybe some kind of online video blog of his preparation. That would be worth watching.

While I agree that he has nothing to prove,… to anyone, people love Ronnie.
If his love of competing keeps him in the spotlight, more power to him.

At least he’s got a legacy, and if he places poorly, people will think “well, he’s in his 40’s, and he’s only competing for fun”, as opposed to Samir Bannout, who won one Olympia, and then fell and remained at the bottom of the lineups forever more.

S

The man’s an inspiration.

I hope he does compete.

I think Heath looks much better than Wolf in that comparison picture.