New Reebok Powerlifting shoes

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Ericka wrote:
These are for sure geared towards the powerlifting community and hydrid crossfit-power stuff Westside and Reebok have been doing. I doubt you would see many CFers wearing them outside of a strength training day…they aren’t made for all that crazy running stuff they like to do :)[/quote]

Can I pay extra and have the gay crossfit label replaced with something else not as gay like a Rainbow or something.[/quote]

X2

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Ericka wrote:
These are for sure geared towards the powerlifting community and hydrid crossfit-power stuff Westside and Reebok have been doing. I doubt you would see many CFers wearing them outside of a strength training day…they aren’t made for all that crazy running stuff they like to do :)[/quote]

Can I pay extra and have the gay crossfit label replaced with something else not as gay like a Rainbow or something.[/quote]

X3

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Ericka wrote:

x4

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Ericka wrote:

that made me giggle like an itty bitty crossfitter

I’m probably going to buy these and just sharpie over the Crossfit part.

[quote]millercraig222 wrote:
I plan on buying a pair just to deadlift in. it’s a perfect combination of being low to the ground and having the support to really spread the floor. I don’t feel like I can really spread the floor in a pair of deadlift slippers, and chuck taylors are a solid inch off the ground. I’ll take every 1/8th of an inch I can get![/quote]

Wrestling shoes are another option. They have great traction, hard sole, real low to the ground and relatively cheap. My 2 cents.

[quote]Ericka wrote:
I am Jesse Burdick’s ex-wife…he and Mark designed these based off of all of Jesse’s blown out chucks. He showed me the shoes last weekend. They are badass…and make so much sense. The soles have special gripping that are designed specifically for applying pressure to the outside of your feet as in when squatting and deadlifting.

The material they have chosen is reinforced in a way that I can only compare to briefs. The material of one of the protoypes felt very similar to my groove briefs. They also have added padding and support and the ankle. The blow chucks out of the water. Initially I was skeptical as many are but when he showed me them my mind changed instantly…[/quote]

Looks like I’m sold. My feet don’t fit into Chucks very well, and Mark puts out a good product.

Do you still train at Reactive Power? A gal I know just recently went there, and said the place was amazing.

The fact that only certain versions of Chucks come in half sizes would make me curious to give these a shot. I have a pair of high tops that are closest to my size that feel too narrow and a pair of low tops a half size up that feel too long. I’d be willing to give these a shot since Reebok’s nano has replaced my long time Nike Free’s for everyday wear. I don’t crossfit, but I don’t certainly can’t hate on quality gear.

mark was saying on strength talk radio, that him and Jessie were in a big room with a bunch of suits, when the crossfit name idea came up, both him and Jessie were saying what a bad idea it was, but they were the only ones in the room that thought it was a bad idea, they were out voted, and that was that. Who knows if it’s a true story, but it sonded funny to here Mark tell it. I’ll keep lifting in whatever skate shoe got me to the gym that day. 2cents

Whats with the crossfit hate? I dont crossfit but if the shoes are worth it. What if someone made the best deadlifting and squat shoe and it only came in bright pink and said something like i love powerlifting in rainbow? Would you not wear that. Now that i think of it that actually sounds pretty good lmao.

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Whats with the crossfit hate? I dont crossfit but if the shoes are worth it. What if someone made the best deadlifting and squat shoe and it only came in bright pink and said something like i love powerlifting in rainbow? Would you not wear that. Now that i think of it that actually sounds pretty good lmao.[/quote]

You can get pink Chucks, and they dont get much better than those for a squat/deadlift combo shoe

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Whats with the crossfit hate? I dont crossfit but if the shoes are worth it. What if someone made the best deadlifting and squat shoe and it only came in bright pink and said something like i love powerlifting in rainbow? Would you not wear that. Now that i think of it that actually sounds pretty good lmao.[/quote]
The color bright pink and rainbows have never made ridiculously stupid remarks and drafted a cult like army of idiots to engage in absurd lifting practices. Crossfit has.

Now I will be the first to say Crossfit has come a LONG way since the early days of a bunch of people doing amrap snatches with the shittest form ever and getting injured 100% of the time. They are much, much more legitimate now, but it takes a long time to scrub away the stigma.

And besides that they still have a bit of a stereotype attached to them insofar as the type of person who engages in Crossfit. People who get into it as a posh way to work out and suddenly feel ridiculously elitist about it even though they’re still small and weak and know literally almost nothing about training except they feel like an expert. You know the 150lb dude who deadlifts 135 for 10 and then posts it on instagram and facebook and twitter #beastmode #whatsyourexcuse #killingit #fitspo That’s the stereotype at least.

Hell most Crossfitters are probably just normal, nice people. And good for them for being active at least.

But still, given the above it’s not something I yet feel comfortable endorsing or associating myself with. Most powerlifters and strongmen seem to feel similar indignation. Mark Bell and Jesse Burdick would have known this, and I would not be surprised in the least if they tried to leave the word off the shoe but were outvoted hahaha!

^^^^perfectly put, that said when I see the first pair discarded in a bargin bin, or the local sally ann, I will give them a shot !

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
^^^^perfectly put, that said when I see the first pair discarded in a bargin bin, or the local sally ann, I will give them a shot ![/quote]

Lmao!

new video on the reebok power shoe

Cool shoe. I agree w what csulli said… I wont be buying anytime soon as I like how my 5 year old chucks leak water through the cracks in the soles!!
On the other hand…It does make marketing sense that reebok would use the crossfit name on this shoe. Once you put that name on it. People will buy it regardless of what it is. So now your going to need a bigger crossfit bag to carry your reebok oly, nanos, nanos2 and now a PL shoe.

Cool shoe. I agree w what csulli said… I wont be buying anytime soon as I like how my 5 year old chucks leak water through the cracks in the soles!!
On the other hand…It does make marketing sense that reebok would use the crossfit name on this shoe. Once you put that name on it. People will buy it regardless of what it is. So now your going to need a bigger crossfit bag to carry your reebok oly, nanos, nanos2 and now a PL shoe.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
So, stuff like this is ok but bench shirts are the devil?[/quote]

Yeah i once put on a pair of shoes that added 400 pounds to my squat

Are there any more updates on these? I’ve seen that there is a pre release or something on 1/24 and then they go world wide on 02/01. I can’t seem to find any solid information on sizing though. I’ve seen half a size down from chucks and the same size as chucks. I wish Mark Bell and Jessie Burdick would give a little more information on them lol

[quote]bosoxschillfan38 wrote:
Are there any more updates on these? I’ve seen that there is a pre release or something on 1/24 and then they go world wide on 02/01. I can’t seem to find any solid information on sizing though. I’ve seen half a size down from chucks and the same size as chucks. I wish Mark Bell and Jessie Burdick would give a little more information on them lol[/quote]

Burdick said that they use half a size below their Reebok Nanos.