T Nation

New Reebok Powerlifting shoes

I’m curious to see how they actually turn out and feel. I don’t like that they say crossfit on them and hear they are going to be way over priced. If its a good reliable shoe it could possibly be worth it for the money.

Any Thoughts?

The shoes saying crossfit on them is something that I am not thrilled with as well, but without crossfit’s relationship with Reebok they probably would have never been created. So it is just a trade. The fact that Mark Bell and Jesse Burdick were involved in the creation would seem to imply that they will be viable lifting shoes. As for the overpriced, it depends on what that means to you. More expensive than chucks, certainly would have to be. But if they last longer and are better, then whatever they will cost might be worth it.

That video really gave no good info on the shoe. Looks like a pair of chucks.

He explains a little on the shoe in this video

there is a different video where he explains all the details of the shoe. They are SICK and i will be one of the first to order a pair!

here is the other video. Shoes are about 7 minutes in

[quote]T11 wrote:

I’m curious to see how they actually turn out and feel. I don’t like that they say crossfit on them and hear they are going to be way over priced. If its a good reliable shoe it could possibly be worth it for the money.

Any Thoughts?[/quote]

lol looks like they’re reebok converse all-stars

Looks like a solid product I may eventually look into these.

I love Mark Bell, but these shoes are going to REALLY have to be markedly superior to chucks for me to spend over $100 on them when I could get 3 pairs of chucks for the same price. Especially with the crossfit name on them–nothing against marketing, but its not something I want to field even MORE questions about when I train. My last pair of converse lasted me 5 years of heavy training so…is thissorth 15 years?

Yeah they look like a pretty solid pair of shoes. I squat in deadlift in an old pair of indoor soccer shoes. They have lasted me about 2 years so far. I have tried chucks but I have an extremely wide foot and they just don’t feel right when I’m lifting in them. I think I’m going to give them a shot once they come out.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I love Mark Bell, but these shoes are going to REALLY have to be markedly superior to chucks for me to spend over $100 on them when I could get 3 pairs of chucks for the same price. Especially with the crossfit name on them–nothing against marketing, but its not something I want to field even MORE questions about when I train. My last pair of converse lasted me 5 years of heavy training so…is thissorth 15 years?[/quote]

In one of the vids he said they’ll be about $70.

$70 isnt a bad price for a good pair of shoes. I think if I buy anything more expensive than my Chucks, it will be on a pair of Oly shoes though

I plan on buying a pair just to deadlift in. it’s a perfect combination of being low to the ground and having the support to really spread the floor. I don’t feel like I can really spread the floor in a pair of deadlift slippers, and chuck taylors are a solid inch off the ground. I’ll take every 1/8th of an inch I can get!

I am Jesse Burdick’s ex-wife…he and Mark designed these based off of all of Jesse’s blown out chucks. He showed me the shoes last weekend. They are badass…and make so much sense. The soles have special gripping that are designed specifically for applying pressure to the outside of your feet as in when squatting and deadlifting.

The material they have chosen is reinforced in a way that I can only compare to briefs. The material of one of the protoypes felt very similar to my groove briefs. They also have added padding and support and the ankle. The blow chucks out of the water. Initially I was skeptical as many are but when he showed me them my mind changed instantly…

[quote]Ericka wrote:
I am Jesse Burdick’s ex-wife…he and Mark designed these based off of all of Jesse’s blown out chucks. He showed me the shoes last weekend. They are badass…and make so much sense. The soles have special gripping that are designed specifically for applying pressure to the outside of your feet as in when squatting and deadlifting.

The material they have chosen is reinforced in a way that I can only compare to briefs. The material of one of the protoypes felt very similar to my groove briefs. They also have added padding and support and the ankle. The bolow chucks out of the water. Initially I was skeptical as many are but when he showed me them my mind changed instantly…[/quote]

For $70 and after reading this, I think I am pretty much convinced that I will give it a shot once its on the market. I will just have to sharpie out the crossfit or just find a way to put powerlifting over it.

[quote]Ericka wrote:

The material they have chosen is reinforced in a way that I can only compare to briefs. The material of one of the protoypes felt very similar to my groove briefs. They also have added padding and support and the ankle. The bolow chucks out of the water. Initially I was skeptical as many are but when he showed me them my mind changed instantly…[/quote]

good to know.

Chucks used to always cause my feet to roll out on the sides and I’d have to wear a size or two too big because they were so narrow. It felt like the front half of the shoe wasn’t even in contact with the ground. I ditched them long ago.

So, stuff like this is ok but bench shirts are the devil?

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
So, stuff like this is ok but bench shirts are the devil?[/quote]

no kidding. I guess the raw logic SHOULD follow that if one can’t keep his/her feet on the floor, then you can’t lift the weight. After all the shoes prolly add 50+# to ones dead simply but not allowing the feet to slip, especially sumo pullers and those ultra wide squatters :slight_smile:

On a serious note, the shoes do sound cool. Plus the red/black colors are nice to match my Ace squat suit.

These are for sure geared towards the powerlifting community and hydrid crossfit-power stuff Westside and Reebok have been doing. I doubt you would see many CFers wearing them outside of a strength training day…they aren’t made for all that crazy running stuff they like to do :slight_smile:

[quote]Ericka wrote:
These are for sure geared towards the powerlifting community and hydrid crossfit-power stuff Westside and Reebok have been doing. I doubt you would see many CFers wearing them outside of a strength training day…they aren’t made for all that crazy running stuff they like to do :)[/quote]

Can I pay extra and have the gay crossfit label replaced with something else not as gay like a Rainbow or something.