New Pull-up World Record

I don’t know if anybody else has posted this but a few days ago a 16 year old from Texas named Joe Armstrong set a new world record and did 2446 pull-ups in 12 hours, he beat the old record by 200+. I believe that is about 10 pull-ups every 2-3 minutes for 12 hours. They used the term pull-up loosely, he could do wide, narrow, chins, etc, as long as he got his chin above the bar. It looked like they were all full hang pull-ups as well. I believe he was 183 lbs (I thought he would be lighter). Talk about some volume - that dude will be feeling that later. Pretty impressive I thought. Here is a link:

yeah, but how much does he bench?

on a serious note, I wonder what his training for this looked like (obviously high frequency with multiple grip styles). Wonder if he ever added weight or just did these strictly for endurance purposes.

Also curious about his carryover to deadlift, that is, if he does anything other than biceps and lats. Still, I’ve never seen someone with a bad physique that could do 20+ pullups.

[quote]nptitim wrote:
I\ I believe that is about 10 pull-ups every 2-3 minutes for 12 hours. They used the term pull-up loosely, he could do wide, narrow, chins, etc, as long as he got his chin above the bar. It looked like they were all full hang pull-ups as well. I believe he was 183 lbs

[/quote]

Just when i thought i was training well this guy really show how it's done, very impressive !

Joe ARMSTRONG?

Sounds like an alias to me!

I heard his dad held the record before him???

I wonder how fast he can run.

[quote]SprinterOne wrote:
I wonder how fast he can run.[/quote]

Why?

Yeah, how much does he squat?

and how many pull ups can you guys do? now, this guy is unbelivable, i wander how he trained for it

Well you didnt see me as a teenager!

I think the craziest part of this is the guy isnt a freaking walking bag of bones. I used to be able to knock out a fairly impressive number of pullups or chinups but it was mainly because I didnt weigh anything

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Joe ARMSTRONG?

Sounds like an alias to me![/quote]

ha ha.

Actually I heard this kid is Zeb’s illegitimate son.

wait so 10 chin-ups, or pull-ups…every 2-3 minutes for 12 hours…haha WHY on earth do I have a feeling I can pull this off?!

dl-

i dont think no wait i know that my hands couldnt even hold all my weight for that long
12 HOURS!!!

[quote]nptitim wrote:
SprinterOne wrote:
I wonder how fast he can run.

Why?[/quote]

Because Eric Cressey said so :slight_smile:

damn thats something to try one day i have off ha ha, for a back workout once a did 270 i think in an hour, but i was down to 2 and 1reps coming up to the hour mark

[quote]deanosumo wrote:

Actually I heard this kid is Zeb’s illegitimate son.[/quote]

LOL! Where the hell has ZEB been?

[quote]lovernotafightr wrote:
i dont think no wait i know that my hands couldnt even hold all my weight for that long
12 HOURS!!![/quote]

Just in case it wasn’t clear you can get off the bar and rest as much as you want, it is just that the timer keeps running so if you rest too much you get a crappy score. So this guy probably did 10 pull-ups in 30 seconds, rested for a minute or two, did another 10, etc. He didn’t hang on to the bar for 12 hours straight.

u can get off the bar to rest!
thats retarded

[quote]dl- wrote:
wait so 10 chin-ups, or pull-ups…every 2-3 minutes for 12 hours…haha WHY on earth do I have a feeling I can pull this off?!

dl-[/quote]

because you have an inflated ego.

“evansmi”,

you think this guy who did it ever would’ve been able to pull it off unless he believed he could?

Do you think thats theres not anyone on this bbs would could be prepared to demolish even this record?

Half of you accusing of having big ego guy have immense ego’s that are incapable of grasping someone wanting something and going after something you dont want, having more balls than you, more dedication and drive.