New PR's Part 3

Feel kind of silly following the last post with this but I PR’d my squat at 375lbs.

Hit 245lbs x 3 on the bench press. Not a PR by a long shot, but I guess you could call it a form PR. All 3 reps were totally competition legal and felt very stable.

Ran 400m in 80ish seconds.

Close-grip bench (paused): 2 x 5 x 225lbs

First and last time I post in here, but this has been a long time coming.

180kg deadlift. Felt pretty easy all things considered. Also ripped my shorts warming up with some squats so this was done just in boxers or “uber mega raw” as I’m calling it.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

180kg deadlift. Felt pretty easy all things considered. Also ripped my shorts warming up with some squats so this was done just in boxers or “uber mega raw” as I’m calling it.[/quote]
Nice. Congrats.

Why the “last time”?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

180kg deadlift. Felt pretty easy all things considered. Also ripped my shorts warming up with some squats so this was done just in boxers or “uber mega raw” as I’m calling it.[/quote]
Nice. Congrats.

Why the “last time”?[/quote]
I’m not usually one to share this kind of thing, especially on internet forums, but was pretty happy with this one.

Yesterday:

safety bar squat - 200x7, 165x12 (chickened out)

Today:

push press - 1x145. Tried 155 but it wouldn’t budge.
yoke walk - 430 for 20m, with one deliberate and many emergency resets
squat - 265 (YES! Finally)

I wasn’t even supposed to train anything but my gym was having an Xmas party. One dude squatted 725 lbs and a 235 class powerlifter did a perfect chinup with an additional 130.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Nice. Congrats.

I’m not usually one to share this kind of thing, especially on internet forums, but was pretty happy with this one.[/quote]

adding another set of big boy plates is always satisfying, well done!

What are your other lifts like?

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Nice. Congrats.

I’m not usually one to share this kind of thing, especially on internet forums, but was pretty happy with this one.[/quote]

What are your other lifts like?[/quote]

Not too clear on exact numbers because I don’t max out that often, but I’d guess about 110kg bench, 140kg squat, 65kg OHP, give or take 5kg.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Nice. Congrats.

What are your other lifts like?[/quote]

Not too clear on exact numbers because I don’t max out that often, but I’d guess about 110kg bench, 140kg squat, 65kg OHP, give or take 5kg.

I have a log on this site if you’re interested in specific numbers[/quote]

LB squat: 365lbs x 7

Trying for a rep PR at the end of a high volume day… Never again.

Farmers Walks: 170lb per hand (340 total) for 2 sets of 50’. 2.3x bodyweight. Previous max of 160 a hand.

Deadlift - 285 for 8 reps, touch and go. 10-11 should have been there but I rushed the set and paid for it.

A somewhat odd one from Friday:

Leg press, 250x30

I rarely leg press since I hate the hammer strength model at my own gym.

LB Squat: 2 x 405lbs, 5 x 385lbs
DL: 5 x 505lbs

Cool to see that my previous meet PRs are now 5RMs

I did this today for my bench workout-

135/145/155/165/175/185lbx1
175lbx2
165lbx3
155lbx4
145lbx6

This is a definite PR for me, not so much in terms of weight (I hit my current PR of 185lb about a month ago), but rather because my body finally seems to be moving “right”.

I have a dysfunctional left shoulder/scapula, and it’s been putting a big dent on my ability to bench/ohp for a long time. I’m pretty sure that’s what made improving with upper body pressing so incredibly difficult for me.

A couple of months ago, I realized that my two major dysfunctions (left shoulder and left hip) are actually related, and caused stability/strength issues on the left side of my body. I have no idea what caused them to begin with, but it became clear to me that the entire left side of my body is not taking its fair share of the load when I do the barbell lifts or calisthenics like push-ups. This is obviously problematic.

So, I started doing everything with the intent to rid myself of this. I won’t go into too much detail here about what I did, since in hindsight it seems a bit nonsensical to me.

Regardless, the shit worked. At the start of Nov. reaching my previous bench pr of 175lb was impossible. Heck, 165lb was incredibly challenging. Then I hit a fairly challenging pr of 185lb at the start of December, and today I do it as if it’s a 85-90% of 1rm at most. Then I follow it up with a bunch of random shit that really didn’t feel all that challenging.

The fact that I went from 174lbish to 168lbish within those months really is just icing on the cake for me.

I am ecstatic right now. So much so that I actually made a post on this thread.

My next one will be when I finally squat 315lb. Shouldn’t be more than a month or two away, assuming that the fixing of my imbalances continue on as awesomely as they are now.

I hit 495 in February the week before the shot/discus season started. Actually starting to take up Oly lifting right now. I have a lot of work to do, 235/145 C&J and snatch… in pounds. I don’t get how I can be this bad at the lifts, and still be decently strong in the powerlifts.

Recent PR’s I guess:
405X2 beltless pause squat
315X3 front squat

155 snatch, improvement from my pressed out 145. Still sucking hard on the oly lifts, just slowly sucking less.

315X5 front squat

Where is everyone? Feel free to post any progress you are proud of.