New PR's Part 3

I hit 495 in February the week before the shot/discus season started. Actually starting to take up Oly lifting right now. I have a lot of work to do, 235/145 C&J and snatch… in pounds. I don’t get how I can be this bad at the lifts, and still be decently strong in the powerlifts.

Recent PR’s I guess:
405X2 beltless pause squat
315X3 front squat

155 snatch, improvement from my pressed out 145. Still sucking hard on the oly lifts, just slowly sucking less.

315X5 front squat

Where is everyone? Feel free to post any progress you are proud of.

155X2 power snatch
165X1 snatch

Hey Destrength, I recently nailed 225 lbs Shoulder Press for 3 reps and I’m really proud of it
:grinning:

1 Like

Deadlift 330lbs for 10 reps. Squat 270lbs for 9 reps.

Been training since Nov 2015 started with SL 5x5. Moved onto 5/3/1 BBB. This is the deload week of the first cycle.

Beastly, mate.

Bench 225X17

@throwawayfitness: Nice progress.

1 Like

Snatch Grip High Pull from Pins

405X1, 385X3

God damn, that is monsterous. I want to see a video the next time you are doing high pulls because that shit is crazy cool.

1 Like

Squat PR, did a double with my old wrapped max.

1 Like

Sure I’m planning to do SGHP on monday after my deadlifts workout. I’ll try my best to shoot it for you.

You nailed that 435 squat with doubles. Keep it up man, good job.

Okay, that’ll be really cool. And thanks, it felt hard as heck. I felt like some weird stuff was also going on with the bar or something, it felt like the bar was whipping.

Yeah, the bar was actually whipping and it really looked cool the way you dominated it.

I just noticed that. That was really cool. lol

Here’s the 405 lbs SGHP vid

Also tried to take pic but timing was off

God damn, that is impressive especially from how high you are starting.

Thanks. Usually I use power rack for high pull but today I had to use squat rack which was a bit higher and also threw of my form a little. Also I got to be extra wary while racking the bar so as not to pinch my pinkies. lol

Why do you do them so high though, is there a benefit or do you just have issues maneuvering around the knee area in high pulls?

CG bench tng PR: 325X1

I normally pull from just above knees height, the reason being it’s much simpler than pulling from the floor and obvious benefit being the improved explosiveness and set up during each rep. Also when using high pull for muscle building ala Layer System, one need to choose a variation where one has to worry less about technique and focus more on muscle loading.