New PR's Part 3

It is time for the third installment of the PR thread, and the second thread I’ve made for it.

This thread is for any physique and performance increases that you want to share. It can be new meet PR’s, training PR’s, cool training stuff (one 200+ pound guy posted a video of him doing 50+ dips in a row), physique improvements like bigger muscles/progress pictures, anything. You can even post new impressive things from real life like getting a great new job, degree, etc.

If it is progress, then this is the thread for it.

Word, I’ll start… this was from yesterday’s training. Always a fan of high reppers. I want to tick off 20 reps at 315 soon.

Front squat: 275lbs x 7
Incl DB Bench: 95lbs x 10

From today’s session:

safety bar squat - 235 for a fairly doable single. First time I’ve ever worked on those so the way is up.

prowler push & backwards drag for speed - 420lb for 10m each way.

Deadlifted 122.5 kgs x 7 last week.

The only time I ever tested my 1RM was when I did crossfit for a spell just over a year ago, and I could only manage 120 kgs then so I’m happy I’ve thoroughly crushed that now!

475X1 conv deadlift 10 pound PR, looking to break the 5 plate barrier by January.

Decided to weigh the trap bar I’ve been using for the last 5 months or so. I had always (foolishly, in hindsight) assumed it would be around the weight of an Olympic bar or not much more, and calculated all my loads based on that assumption. Turns out it’s 75 lbs, so that instantly added about 30 lb to my deadlift max. I guess that’s a PR in a way.

[quote]Destrength wrote:
475X1 conv deadlift 10 pound PR, looking to break the 5 plate barrier by January.[/quote]

5 plates is such a mental barrier. You’ll probably be hitting it for triples in no time.

1 Like

Front squat, 255x20

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
Front squat, 255x20

Jesus. That’s incredibly impressive.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
Front squat, 255x20

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks. Dunno if I’d call it incredibly impressive. It’s pretty good though. I hit 225x20 in September, so I was proud of the 30lb increase.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
Front squat, 255x20

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks. Dunno if I’d call it incredibly impressive. It’s pretty good though. I hit 225x20 in September, so I was proud of the 30lb increase. [/quote]

That’s a good lift! High rep front squats are the best thing ever

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
Thanks. Dunno if I’d call it incredibly impressive. It’s pretty good though. I hit 225x20 in September, so I was proud of the 30lb increase. [/quote]

High rep front squats suck and you did them with very little rest in between reps… It’s probably not a world record but I appreciate the mental fortitude behind that set.

Hit 430 for 7 reps on Deadlifts today. It was my PR set on 3’s week for 5/3/1.

incline bench - 145x6. First time that I’m pushing on incline since last year, so (just like the SB squat) I expect this number to go way up. The latter is due on Friday, 195 being the target weight. We’ll see.

back squat 315x5

Safety bar squat - 195x10, 165x12

Followed by glute ham raises, 4x15 with one minute breaks. I can barely walk.

Squatted 405 for a fast, easy single. Think I’ll give it a go in a couple of weeks to really try to rep it out.

Matt pulls (five mats) - 285x11 TnG

Not technically a all time weight PR but def a technique, ease, and speed PR with this kind of weight.