New Project Announcement + Progress Log

Hey friends.

I’ve been reading/posting/putting Tim Pattersons’ grand children through college for about 12 years. I have progress photos through 8 of them.

My goal at one point was to be Christian Thib. But I’m too short. Bowling ball look was not what I was after. Now I’m trying to put on 5-10 quality muscle for that movie super hero look, and training my GF’s brother over the next year as part of my new project at RPG Labs. (I’m CEO/Founder.)

I’m a 3 time tech entrepreneur. One company was acquired, one failed, and my latest is still mostly in stealth mode, but I’ll tell you guys, since you’re awesome.

I’m building a mobile app to help the millions of people who can’t quit smoking or can’t turn a healthy lifestyle into a habit. I’m starting with entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs who are interested in fitness.

I only work with the best. I want to partner with Biotest on this initiative.

I’ll be posting videos of our workouts and progress roughly weekly. This will serve as one of my companies’ prototypes, the methodologies tested here will inform the design and variables used in the app.

All the love,
Tim Schwab

Here’s my back, which I haven’t seen in 10 years. Fuck.

I don’t see much progress for these pics. Did you gain strength?

On the bright side you didn’t age too bad.

Fair. The part that’s impressive to me, is that I haven’t worked out in about a year, and wasn’t consistent in the past. I’m able to maintain the current shape without much effort.

So, I’m training my BFs brother, and building some lifestyle habits that will stick with him. We’re also helping people quit smoking, and lots of other cool stuff.

Honestly, I figured I looked decent with my shirt off and love this stuff, so let’s see if I can get something out of it (other than the obvious benefits of a healthy lifestyle).

We may end up focusing on a different demographic, but meh, still early.

Thanks for checking it out, in any event. I’m hoping to turn this guy into a beast in 12 months.

[quote]catalyst wrote:
Fair. The part that’s impressive to me, is that I haven’t worked out in about a year, and wasn’t consistent in the past. I’m able to maintain the current shape without much effort.

So, I’m training my BFs brother, and building some lifestyle habits that will stick with him. We’re also helping people quit smoking, and lots of other cool stuff.

Honestly, I figured I looked decent with my shirt off and love this stuff, so let’s see if I can get something out of it (other than the obvious benefits of a healthy lifestyle).

Thanks for checking it out, in any event. I’m hoping to turn this guy into a beast in 12 months. [/quote]

First, I apologize in advance for my coarseness.

Please tell me if I am understanding what you have told us so far…

You didn’t have to put in serious, consistent work to get in shape in the first place. You haven’t worked out in a year. So because of all this, you want to coach your GF’s brother, when all you had to do was depend on your good genetics and inconsistent training? Plus, you want to create an app that coaches others into a healthy lifestyle?

I think the app sounds like a bad idea for you, unless you can get some seriously knowledgeable people on board. Make sure to tell people to do what you say and not what you do. Hopefully your GF’s brother benefits from your nudge in the right direction and outgrows you quickly.

That was very diplomatic, especially for this medium and site.

I have lots of knowledge, but I’m not an expert. I wasn’t untrained in the beginning, that was after hitting my head against a wall and making no progress for about 2 years. Then I found this site and gained 24lbs in 6 months. I got all the way up to 184, which is 34lbs up from where I started, with a 365 ATG squat for 3 full reps, 275 x 3 bench, and 185 standing OH press. That was back in 2009, since then I worked out inconsistently, but gained more knowledge over all about building habits and discipline in general. Many of these habits that I installed were related to health, just not related to gaining huge amounts of muscle.

Now we arrive as to why I’m trolling Biotest. I’d like some help. I’ve started and sold businesses. I’ve raised $2m for my companies and others in silicon valley in the mobile app space.

I bring these things to the table, including a 20 year old who is motivated to train, has time, and works hard.

Thanks,
Tim

P.S. I’d call them, but they’re closed today, and I get kind of excited about stuff.

[quote]Cherrybomb wrote:

[quote]catalyst wrote:

Thanks for checking it out, in any event. I’m hoping to turn this guy into a beast in 12 months. [/quote]

First, I apologize in advance for my coarseness.

Please tell me if I am understanding what you have told us so far…

You didn’t have to put in serious, consistent work to get in shape in the first place. You haven’t worked out in a year. So because of all this, you want to coach your GF’s brother, when all you had to do was depend on your good genetics and inconsistent training? Plus, you want to create an app that coaches others into a healthy lifestyle?

I think the app sounds like a bad idea for you, unless you can get some seriously knowledgeable people on board. Make sure to tell people to do what you say and not what you do. Hopefully your GF’s brother benefits from your nudge in the right direction and outgrows you quickly.[/quote]

Oof, I take it back. That was scathing. Hope it felt good for you, I need to go bust a nut.