New Progressive Movement

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
If you’re older than 30, then you don’t really know what’s going on. I’m 17 and I live in a generation of lazy-ass liberal teenagers who think just because they’re “different” and don’t want to “fit in” and “be like everybody else”, that somebody fucking owes them something and that the government should do something about their troubles at school and protect them from being bullied. My generation needs to grow the fuck up and realize that the world ain’t this little bubble of protection that these kids’ parents have made it out to be. If you ask me, it’s our parents’ fault. I don’t blame my parents because they raised me the right way and to not depend on everybody else to solve my problems. But a majority of these kids in my generation are a bunch of ungrateful fucks.

CS[/quote]

Lol I can’t agree more. When I was taking classes to become an EMT and taking a couple introduction to firefighting classes, the students were ridiculous. Pink hair, facial piercings, mohawks; the teachers were all old paramedics and firefighters. They told all these kids, look, you need to change that shit, or you’re never gonna get a job in this industry…no old lady wants to call 911 and see a guy with a green mohawk and a giant nose ring get out of an ambulance. These kids would snicker and say that their appearance doesn’t matter. In my three years as an EMT, did not see anybody that looked like those kids.

I can’t imagine the professional world would be any better. Maybe I’m just prejudice myself but, and I’m only 25, but if I was hiring someone for a position, and I had a choice between someone who was clean cut and someone with pink hair and a nose ring (assuming they were equal in education and what not), I’m picking the former.

Now that I went back to school, and surrounded by this ridiculous mindset again and it’s just outstanding to me that these kids can be so oblivious and think things like their appearance doesn’t matter. They really think everything’s just going to be handed to them. As Adam Corrola said, we’re dealing with the first wave of participation trophy kids.[/quote]

Hahaha I’ve heard that same Adam Carolla rant. He’s completely right. I’m growing up in a generation of pussies.

CS

Yeah big surprise there. I swear, if a political webstie looks well designed, like there is some money behind it, it is probably paid for by rich assholes.

Anyhow Re: Adam Carolla, I got the point but IDK about a dried up comedian who’s shining moment was a sort of funny show a decade ago lecturing people about life. Douchebags complaining about other douchebags, I hope an anarchist shits on his car (because shitting on cars is apparently how you bring down the system, right?).

I mean, the entitled people piss me off, but at the same time it’s not like tons of Americans suddenly just all decided to be lazy in 2008 and that’s why unemployment shot up. Shit is tough in some industries and I can understand getting frustrated. Like my boy is an apprentice electrician. He needs to stick with his job to get through his apprenticeship and he needs to rack up hours, but he also keeps getting laid off. It’s hard for him to work another job because the second he gets a real job again he has to go back right away. It’s a choice between sticking with a job that will pay far better in the future but in an industry that is struggling right now because of the drop off in construction. I don’t think that is an easy situation to be in and I understand people getting frustrated. At the same time, there are people I know with liberal arts degrees who are fully employed but feel entitled to $40k a year out of school and bitch about that lol.

Luckily for me the medical field has been pretty steady, so yeah, fuck all the unemployed hippies :stuck_out_tongue:

I see nothing wrong in feeling entitled to good wages for a good job

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I see nothing wrong in feeling entitled to good wages for a good job[/quote]

No, everybody’s entitled the right to get a good job with good wages BY THEMSELVES. This whole “entitlement” idea is completely retarded. You’re not entitled to anything except your God-given rights as an American citizen.

CS

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Problem is, unions can’t fire shitty workers, which is why companies outsource jobs to not deal with that shit.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Problem is, unions can’t fire shitty workers, which is why companies outsource jobs to not deal with that shit. [/quote]

I agree , but you can not throw out the good that a union does because of a few down sides, the right has America trained to think $40,000 is too much to make unless you manage a hedge fund or the like .

When was the last time you had a COLA raise ?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Problem is, unions can’t fire shitty workers, which is why companies outsource jobs to not deal with that shit. [/quote]

I agree , but you can not throw out the good that a union does because of a few down sides, the right has America trained to think $40,000 is too much to make unless you manage a hedge fund or the like .

When was the last time you had a COLA raise ?[/quote]

The Left (here in Cali) thinks that $40k is too much, that nearly puts you in the highest tax bracket.

Pitt, yesterday a Stanford economist did the number crunching on the unfunded pension liabilities here in California. Wanna know how bad it is ? $500 Billion. Yes, $500 BILLION, thank you Unions.

Pitt, they are unsustainable mathematically. I can’t wait when the state breaks and we see blood in the streets, I will have a front row seat.

California’s pensions are fucked, in large part, because the budget is super fucked, which has more to do with the referendum system than anything else. People always want more spending AND less taxes and just kick the can down the road.

Unions are a part of that and the corrupt officials who given themselves multiple 6 figure pensions don’t help. The problem is that the people running the government are more concerned with looting the system before it collapses than they are with fiscal responsibility but what else is new.

Unionization is however not the root or sole cause for all of California’s woes by any stretch though. It’s a faulty legal system and corruption that has allowed some public union leaders, political cronies, and special interests to fuck things up without accountability.

Unionization IS the problem, at least in California. Unions run the WHOLE show here, nothing moves without their approval, which we are undoing at citizens. We are collecting citizens for a part-time legislature, only allowing for 6 weeks of government sessions each year. We are giving our government less time to fuck things up. If you see the payouts here by government officials, you would fall over.

Save yourself my friends, the Liberal train is one destined for failure. Should you find Californians looking for safe refuge, throw them out of your state immediately.

Maximus, have you ever considered relocating? Or are you like me and just want that front row seat to see how bad it can get.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Unionization IS the problem, at least in California. Unions run the WHOLE show here, nothing moves without their approval, which we are undoing at citizens. We are collecting citizens for a part-time legislature, only allowing for 6 weeks of government sessions each year. We are giving our government less time to fuck things up. If you see the payouts here by government officials, you would fall over.

Save yourself my friends, the Liberal train is one destined for failure. Should you find Californians looking for safe refuge, throw them out of your state immediately. [/quote]

More and more are arriving here every day…all they can say is WOW, so nice here and SO CHEAP.

Looks like I am going to have to move up to Whitefish, MT sooner than I thought.

Le sigh.

(I know I moved here from Cali, but I’m special :wink: )

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Save yourself my friends, the Liberal train is one destined for failure. Should you find Californians looking for safe refuge, throw them out of your state immediately. [/quote]

More and more are arriving here every day…all they can say is WOW, so nice here and SO CHEAP.

Looks like I am going to have to move up to Whitefish, MT sooner than I thought.

Le sigh.

(I know I moved here from Cali, but I’m special :wink: )

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

reminds me of this, I live in the poconos and this is the expression about the liberals from NY and NJ in the area.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Maximus, have you ever considered relocating? Or are you like me and just want that front row seat to see how bad it can get. [/quote]

I am not leaving, they will carry me out either dead or nude (and it will most likely be the former than the latter).

For example, today Occu-Poo LA announced they will set up tents outside the Federal ICE building to protest deportations. These are people who were convicted and awaiting deportation, yet the Occu-Poos say we should not deport anyone. This is the kind of Liberal bat-shit craziness that happens.

We have politicians who tried to remove our referendum process, meaning that voters could not vote on issues. Can you imagine ! We could not gather signatures to put an issue on the ballot, or to repeal a law. This is what happens when “the party of tolerance” disagrees with voters. Un-fucking-believable.

I am not leaving, I stay and fight, if I am breathing I am screaming, til the day I die.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Wrong. Nobody owes you anything.

“Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT of Happiness” not entitled to Happiness.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Wrong. Nobody owes you anything. [/quote]

Wrong they owe me what they owe me

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Wrong they owe me what they owe me [/quote]

So you think you’re entitled to a job, a house, healthcare, clothing, food, etc. just because you live and breathe in the same country as we do? I’m sorry, but that’s just not how America works. Get real.

CS

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Okay, you owe me then. Please PM me and I’ll tell you where to send the check.

If no one is forcing you do something, no one owes you. You are free to leave or request better treatment. You do not have the right to enter into an agreement and then change the terms.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

What did you do that caused you to be owed anything ?