New Program, Madcow?

So I just finished New Rules of Lifting Hypertrophy I with pleasing results. I gained about 4 lbs in almost 2 months and most of my lifts went up about 15lbs. I have another case of program ADD and don’t know where to go next. Thought about Madcow, but I’d rather train 4x’s per week (M,T,Th,F). Anyone have some suggestions.

5’9" 158lbs 24yrs old
Bench 220
Squat 250
Dead 320

Help anyone?

monday - squat + quads/calves/abs
tuesday - bench + chins/dips/biceps
thursday - deadlift + hams/calves/abs
friday - press + chins/dips/biceps

keep it simple
go for 10 reps
when you get it increase weight

eat

that is a suggestion. but try and make something that works for you, would be way better than anything you get anywhere else (unless its just a bad program)

[quote]bparis wrote:
So I just finished New Rules of Lifting Hypertrophy I with pleasing results. I gained about 4 lbs in almost 2 months and most of my lifts went up about 15lbs. I have another case of program ADD and don’t know where to go next. Thought about Madcow, but I’d rather train 4x’s per week (M,T,Th,F). Anyone have some suggestions.

5’9" 158lbs 24yrs old
Bench 220
Squat 250
Dead 320
[/quote]

Did you even eat at all on this program? You only gained 4 pounds in 2 months and only 15 pounds on your lifts. Did you lift with intensity? Did you actually stick to it? Are you new to lifting?

IMO those are pretty good numbers for 158 lbs. However, at this weight your body should be ready to grow like crazy, and when I started eating at about the same starting weight, I gained damn near 20 lbs in 2 months and a bit.

Madcow’a 5x5 is a good programme, but not for hypertrophy.

I’ve only been lifting with any sort of structure for about 8 months. I ate, but rotating shift work with no scheduled meal breaks is pretty stressful on your body. I still manage to eat 6 times per day, not including my pwo Surge. I always stop short of failure and use pretty strict form, adding a little weight each week to the bar.

Either way switching from days to evenings to midnights on a weekly basis stack the odds against me. I just started a fit day account so that should help me track things better.

I also used creatine on my last program. How much water weight could I expect that to add? Does anyone else feel like they lose some definition while using it?

[quote]bparis wrote:
Help anyone?
[/quote]

Yes. Try the Super Squats 20 rep squat routine and follow the diet recommendations to a “T”.

I gained IIRC 24lbs in a little over 30 days or so.

I have to add that at the time, I squatted with the Super Squats belt as I worked out in my bedroom and had no squat rackes. Regular squats should be even more productive.