T Nation

New Program for Size

I started lifting a few months ago to put on more mass and strength after getting fed up with being skinny (borderline starved) and relatively weak.

I have been lifting regularly for 5-6 months, not very long by any means but just to give you an idea.

The first few months I basically had no idea what I was doing, I was just happy with going to the gym and lifting weights. Beginner gains came quickly but after the said couple of months things began to slow down.

Since then I have done a lot of reading and T-Nation proved to be an invaluable source of information. Overall since I started lifting I managed to gain about 30 lbs but I am still ways away from where I want to be. I’d post a pic of me holding a shoe but Im afraid even the shoe wont make me look impressive in terms of size so I will save this novel idea for when I actually reach the mass Im aiming for.

I have just finished Chad Waterbury’s Total Body Training after 8 weeks and gained 11 lbs from it, which Im very happy with. Im now looking for another program to try. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a good program primarily for size and of course strength.

I have seen Bill Starr’s 5x5 program often recommended to beginners looking to put on size and strength and was wondering if anyone can chime in.

Im looking forward to any and all recommendations and advice. Thanks!

Bump. Any recommendations guys?

Bill Starr’s 5x5 program is a good one. Westside for skinny bastards is another good one.

Hell, as long as you’re getting plenty of calories and rest and working hard in the gym, just about any decent program can be good for increasing size and strength.

i would recomend the westside program also. i am currently doing this program and have seen very good strength gains… another program i liked very much was ABBH by chad w.