T Nation

New Products from Biotest for 2008?

I was just looking to order some HRX but I always get leery before the new year because of new products coming out. Any good products we should expect for the new year? Or any good hints…?

From the article discussion on his latest Atomic Dog

jsbrook:
TC, where oh where are our Christmas presents? SURGE Workout Fuel and greens±like supplement? Anaconda as a Christmas surprise? I mean, you have a nice tie and flannel shirt coming in the mail from me. It’s time to reciprocate. Cmon now.

TC:
At least a couple of those are coming real soon.

I’m writing an introductory article on one of them right now.

(Flannel shirt?)

[quote]Tank53 wrote:
I was just looking to order some HRX but I always get leery before the new year because of new products coming out. Any good products we should expect for the new year? Or any good hints…?
[/quote]

Surge Workout Fuel and Biotest Superfood they have admitted will come out sometime soon.

[quote]icecold wrote:
Tank53 wrote:

Surge Workout Fuel and Biotest Superfood they have admitted will come out sometime soon.

[/quote]

Actually I think they said that Surge Workout Fuel is never coming out because it would be so ridiculously expensive. They only give it to the Physique Clinic trainees, T-Nation article writers, and professional athletes.

On that note, I’ll be looking forward to the Superfood and hopefully Anaconda.

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
Actually I think they said that Surge Workout Fuel is never coming out because it would be so ridiculously expensive. They only give it to the Physique Clinic trainees, T-Nation article writers, and professional athletes.[/quote]

Yup, that’s what they said.

I could’ve sworn I saw a recent post from TC saying he was writing something up about Anaconda, but damned if I can’t find it now.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
icecold wrote:
Tank53 wrote:

Actually I think they said that Surge Workout Fuel is never coming out because it would be so ridiculously expensive. They only give it to the Physique Clinic trainees, T-Nation article writers, and professional athletes.

On that note, I’ll be looking forward to the Superfood and hopefully Anaconda.

-dizzle[/quote]

Part of the idea behind the physique clinic is to pimp the supps. If they weren’t going to release Workout Fuel, they’d just be having these guys do double Surge because it would be cheaper for the company. This is a calculated investment, and partially product testing phase. — Or so I assume

And who would this mysterious organization be to sell supplements specially to pro-athletes.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
If they weren’t going to release Workout Fuel, they’d just be having these guys do double surge because it would be cheaper for the company. This is a calculated investment, and partially product testing phase. — Or so I assume
[/quote]

Maybe. I did a search and this is what I found:

Chris Shugart (Physique Clinic: Novagreg - 11/28/07): “This will include a supplement Biotest designed only for its sponsored athletes, a supplement that’s looking to be the most powerful agent they’ve ever created: SURGE Workout Fuel. This elite-level supplement was not created for the general public and is not for sale. And frankly, most people could not afford it. Off the shelf it would cost well over $200 a bottle.”

TC (New SURGE Workout Fuel thread - 11/30/07): "There will be a formal product launch.

And yes, it’ll be pretty expensive. We don’t expect to sell much on T-Nation, but we fully expect a lot of pro athletes to use it."

Maybe TC, Shugart, or a mod can help clarify.

Yeah, I doubt they’ll ‘never release’ Surge Workout Fuel; they’ve talked it up too much. CW said he uses it with MMA fighters and CT is using it with the PC guys. Makes it seem that much more interesting, no?

And it won’t cost $200 a tub…I’m betting $60-80 a tub, otherwise nobody would buy it.

Anaconda? Have read info on this product but seems like it won’t be out for another 6-12 months given how little talk there is about it.

Superfood I am looking forward to! Come on, Biotest, help me ditch my Greens+ !

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
If they weren’t going to release Workout Fuel, they’d just be having these guys do double surge because it would be cheaper for the company. This is a calculated investment, and partially product testing phase. — Or so I assume

Maybe. I did a search and this is what I found:

Chris Shugart (Physique Clinic: Novagreg - 11/28/07): “This elite-level supplement was not created for the general public and is not for sale. And frankly, most people could not afford it. Off the shelf it would cost well over $200 a bottle.”

TC (New SURGE Workout Fuel thread - 11/30/07): "There will be a formal product launch.

And yes, it’ll be pretty expensive. We don’t expect to sell much on T-Nation, but we fully expect a lot of pro athletes to use it."

Maybe TC, Shugart, or a mod can help clarify.[/quote]

He meant “Not for sale [yet]”

He meant “Not for sale [yet]”[/quote]

Possibly. I rechecked the Shugart’s thread and he said it was only for Biotest’s sponsored athletes (which I added/edited to my first post).

So hopefully there’ll be a clarification.

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
He meant “Not for sale [yet]”

Possibly. I rechecked the Shugart’s thread and he said it was only for Biotest’s sponsored athletes (which I added/edited to my first post).

So hopefully there’ll be a clarification.[/quote]

The way I understand it is from all of the posts from TC and Shugart is that it was DESIGNED for sponsored athletes. But that it will eventually be generally available but will be very expensive and they don’t expect to sell a lot of it. Which is fine. Personally, I don’t see any reason not to make it generally available even if demand is small. They are still making it already. They just have to increase production a little bit. Even if the market is small that will still be some people buying it at a high price. They’ll make some profit. I will buy it. I know several others I’ve talked to already, especially those who train for performance, who will also.

Biotest has known to launch some surprise supplements. So, I wouldn’t guarantee the there’s no new fat loss product on the horizon. But I think it’s unlikely. Surge Workout Fuel and a greens±like supplement are the ones on the front burner that they’ve talked about. TC said he’s writing an article on one of these right now, so I expect a launch very soon. Well, actually, I mentioned Anaconda in the post to which he was responded that he was working on an article for at least one of those. But I don’t think that will be it.

[quote]TC wrote:
And the bars?

Let’s say the Metabolic Drive Chocolate Chunk bar is a “ten”.

These new bars are a “15”!

[/quote]

While I was searching for what Anaconda was i came across this quote. Was TC refering to the cookie dough falvor or saying that there are more flavors comming out? Since this quote was from 2006 were the new flavors scrapped?

[quote]F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
TC wrote:
And the bars?

While I was searching for what Anaconda was i came across this quote. Was TC refering to the cookie dough falvor or saying that there are more flavors comming out? Since this quote was from 2006 were the new flavors scrapped?[/quote]

There were rocky road and cookie dough flavors released since then I believe.

F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
TC wrote:
And the bars?

While I was searching for what Anaconda was i came across this quote. Was TC refering to the cookie dough falvor or saying that there are more flavors comming out? Since this quote was from 2006 were the new flavors scrapped?

There were rocky road and cookie dough flavors released since then I believe.[/quote]

I can’t find the rocky road flavor and since there was already a choc. chunk flavor out, i’ll just assume TC was
talking about the cookie dough bars.

Well he did say “off the shelf” it would be well over $200. However, Biotest notoriously does not sell most stuff “off the shelf” because of the price it would be. I think I am thinking too deeply about their rhetoric. Anyway just a thought.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Well he did say “off the shelf” it would be well over $200. However, Biotest notoriously does not sell most stuff “off the shelf” because of the price it would be. I think I am thinking too deeply about their rhetoric. Anyway just a thought.[/quote]

I agree with you. My logic came from reading the article on the new formulation of Alpha Male - ok, it’s not ‘new’ anymore - where they compared all the ingredients to purchasing bottles of Carbolin 19 and TRIBEX separately…it came out to over $90 and Alpha Male was $49.99 . See my point?

I have no doubt it’ll be under $100 and they’ll sell boatloads. From the Physique Clinic threads and what CT and Chad have been saying, it’s a stellar product.

Where are these damn products. Grrrrr…