New Pledge of Allegiance

[quote]forlife wrote:
If it was the Qu’ran instead of your own holy book that was being peddled from the school podium, I doubt you would be so offended by the separation of church and state.[/quote]

As HH points out, accomodations ARE made for Muslims. Yet the Christian kids can’t even have a room away from anyone else in order to pray.

If its sundown, a Muslim at a football game can flop out his rug and pray. But the Christian kids can’t gather on school grounds at the same time and pray.

[quote]AynRandLuvr wrote:
As HH points out, accomodations ARE made for Muslims. Yet the Christian kids can’t even have a room away from anyone else in order to pray.

If its sundown, a Muslim at a football game can flop out his rug and pray. But the Christian kids can’t gather on school grounds at the same time and pray.[/quote]

How do they enforce this?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Praying is allowed you twat. The school just can’t sponsor it.

This shit is idiotic <_<. And most of it is perfectly acceptable. The bibles is 90% trash anyway, not the kind of stuff kinds should be learning about outside of a literature course.

You should rethink your words and come off like a douche bag. Wars have started over lesser words, and apparently you haven’t been dealt with life and death situation. There are no atheists in fox holes. Learn some English while you are at it, your pronunciation is horrible, you probably cant even read the Bible. [/quote]

Ah he’s a young liberal, he will never serve nor will he accept the bible.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Praying is allowed you twat. The school just can’t sponsor it.

This shit is idiotic <_<. And most of it is perfectly acceptable. The bibles is 90% trash anyway, not the kind of stuff kinds should be learning about outside of a literature course.

You should rethink your words and come off like a douche bag. Wars have started over lesser words, and apparently you haven’t been dealt with life and death situation. There are no atheists in fox holes. Learn some English while you are at it, your pronunciation is horrible, you probably cant even read the Bible. [/quote]

I was drunk. Sue me.

I really hope that pronunciation comment was sarcasm though.

Oh, and what is a fox hole?

[quote]snipeout wrote:
Ah he’s a young liberal, he will never serve nor will he accept the bible.[/quote]

No, I just have a brain and believe in the seperation of Church and State.

I don’t know a single school that won’t let Christian kids pray before a football game/ The coach just can’t lead it. THAT they’d have a problem with, a legitimate one too. It alienates the non-Christians, and even the non-religious.

They can pray on their own. No one will stop them. You realize Christians get an ENTIRE DAY off from school to pray right? Why do you think we don’t have school on Sundays hmm? Arbitrarily?

We accommodate Christians plenty.

If its sundown, a Muslim at a football game can flop out his rug and pray. But the Christian kids can’t gather on school grounds at the same time and pray.
[/quote]

Nothing prevents a Christian kid from individually praying to his god, just as a Muslim kid can individually pray to his god while the Atheist kid lusts after the girl sitting in the row ahead of him.

That doesn’t mean the school should lead public prayers when they are supposed to be teaching academic subjects. It is a school, not a synagogue.

[quote]forlife wrote:
AynRandLuvr wrote:

Nothing prevents a Christian kid from individually praying to his god, just as a Muslim kid can individually pray to his god while the Atheist kid lusts after the girl sitting in the row ahead of him.

That doesn’t mean the school should lead public prayers when they are supposed to be teaching academic subjects. It is a school, not a synagogue.
[/quote]

The difference is in toleration as opposed to sponsoring. No government body is supposed to sponsor a religion. But whacko leftists have extended that to include toleration. A group cannot go to an unoccupied classroom and pray because it is unclear if the school is tolerating as opposed to sponsoring. They therefore don’t allow it at all, to avoid the expense of fighting lawsuits by athiests.

[quote]forlife wrote:
AynRandLuvr wrote:

[/quote]

No, that’s much too rational. I dismiss it immediately.

Of course, if a Muslim coach wanted to lead his players in a Muslim prayer, there’d be a huge uproar about it.

HH is a delusional hypocrite who really has no idea what he’s talking about. He’s only here for entertainment, don’t listen to closely or your ears bleed and your brain dies.

The difference is in toleration as opposed to sponsoring. No government body is supposed to sponsor a religion. But whacko leftists have extended that to include toleration. A group cannot go to an unoccupied classroom and pray because it is unclear if the school is tolerating as opposed to sponsoring. They therefore don’t allow it at all, to avoid the expense of fighting lawsuits by athiests.
[/quote]

I don’t mind the tolerance vs. sponsoring issue so much as the hypocrisy of inconsistent application. Fundamentalists are in an uproar about being unable to exercise their religious practices at school, but they don’t bat at eye at denying those same privileges to others.

They justify this by telling themselves that they have the truth, which allows them special privileges. However, they are no better able to prove that they have the truth than any other religion.

As FightinIrish points out, can you imagine the backlash if a football coach led his team in a Muslim prayer?

That is one reason religion should be completely separated from state. Let people believe whatever they want, but leave any discussion of religious beliefs or the lack thereof at the door. Especially if the institution is funded with taxpayer dollars.

[quote]forlife wrote:
AynRandLuvr wrote:

I don’t mind the tolerance vs. sponsoring issue so much as the hypocrisy of inconsistent application. Fundamentalists are in an uproar about being unable to exercise their religious practices at school, but they don’t bat at eye at denying those same privileges to others.

They justify this by telling themselves that they have the truth, which allows them special privileges. However, they are no better able to prove that they have the truth than any other religion.

As FightinIrish points out, can you imagine the backlash if a football coach led his team in a Muslim prayer?

That is one reason religion should be completely separated from state. Let people believe whatever they want, but leave any discussion of religious beliefs or the lack thereof at the door. Especially if the institution is funded with taxpayer dollars.[/quote]

Can I get my taxpayer dollars back, please?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Oh, and what is a fox hole?
[/quote]

This is a foxhole.

It is highly unlikely that these people ever spent any time in foxholes.

Friedrich Nietzsche never dug a foxhole.

It’s a practical certainty that Stephen Hawking has never been in a foxhole.

And Carl Sagan? An entire life, foxhole-free.

On the other hand, this fellow was intimately acquainted with foxholes. Go figure.

Another chap who has probably forgotten more about foxholes than most people will ever know.