New Plan with Less Volume. Will I Lose Muscle?

But if i try to bulk and cut after, is it ok?

Now you have a layer of fat. After the bulk you will have more fat. It will take quite lenghty and drastic cut. And if you will be cutting drastically and for a long time, you may end up skinny fat again. Since you have a poor musculature genetically, every bit of muscle is precious for you. You donā€™t build muscles easily, period. So dirty bulk into cut approach most likely wonā€™t work fo you. You will be bouncing between being skinny fat and being simply fat. Another thing is you claim now you look like shit. So you will continue to look like shit through your bulk and through majority of your cut afterwards. Are you ready to look like shit for many long months? And you already are dealing with some anxiety, right? Isnā€™t it better to lean down, look like shit for some period of time, then with every passing day look better and better?

Itā€™s just my opinion (I was skinny fat at the beginning just like you), but I am 100% sure, you shouldnā€™t dirty bulk. Clean bulk after cutting the fat that covers your body at the moment should be the way to go.

You are honest, humble and seem to be taking on board advice. You are no bother.
Btw Iā€™m not massively experienced. Just a humble enthusiast.

From what I can see - theres no meat on that screen shot. 3 boiled eggs. Which is 18 grams of protein. You need more than that.
The diet I laid down is not written in stone. But it an example of what can be done.

Read the diet part of Jim Wendlerā€™s Building the Monolith - 5/3/1 for Size to see whatā€™s needed.

Iā€™d (humbly) disagree. The kid carries no real fat or muscle. Even at 5%body fat heā€™s not going to have great abs. They are just small. Best to build size / strength. Then lose any weight.

@ionut172 there are two conflicting theories here. Which is very common. All I can say is post in the beginners section. Ask for advice. Donā€™t start it with ā€œbulk or cutā€. But rather ā€œstarting out - have conflicting adviceā€. Iā€™m confident in my advice but as I say Iā€™m no expert.

Btw - eggs and Potatoes? What daā€¦

@Chris_Colucci

Sorry, my mistake.

2 Likes

Come on, your joking right? No way in hell does this kid need to cut.

3 Likes

Guys, I am only talking from my experience and I underlined it is only my opinion. When I looked very similar 2 years ago I started bulking and majority of my ā€œgainsā€ was around my waist. I am a strong believer of a rule that you shouldnā€™t bulk before being below 12% fat. And I humbly underline believer. I am merely advising, not telling anybody, what is the only correct way.

My journey went like this - skinny fat ā†’ fatter with some more muscles ā†’ skinny fat again (I was trying to cut the fat I gained during my bulk and ended up loosing some of it to an extent, when I was still around 15-17% BF and it seemed to me I either didnā€™t put much muscle during my bulk or lost majority of it during the cut) ā†’ drastic cut to approximately 10% BF ā†’ clean bulk.

Dude above is definitely skinny fat - you canā€™t argue with that. Yes, he doesnā€™t have much fat. But he has some noticable, especially around waist and on chest. For a long time a typical advice for skinny fat was cut, then bulk. Unless something changed, yes, I strongly believe, he should still do some cutting. I donā€™t expect him to have a great 6-pack. But for now his abs is not only small - it is covered by some fat too.

1 Like

I am not seeing the skinny fat. Iā€™m not seeing the fat at all, Iā€™m just seeing a lack of any muscle, Iā€™m not seeing abs with a fat covering, Iā€™m seeing under developed abs which will still look absent with even lower body fat.

3 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts. I will open a new topic on beginners, as you said. Anyway, you helped me a lot. :blush:

All the best

He has visible love handles (just take a look at outline of his silhouette). Also this is not how your abs look like, when you are shredded, even if you donā€™t have them developed. I mean dude who never hit a gym in his life probably wonā€™t have a nice 6-pack even at very low BF. But they will still have a visible definition there. Abs is no different than your biceps - itā€™s not like you can have ā€œnothingā€ there. As a human being you have abs muscles and unless they are covered with some fat, they will always be visible. Either more or less defined.

It is also possible he is at low BF, just with very poor distribution genetically.

I am only stating, what Iā€™d do in his situation - Iā€™d cut. If you think, he should bulk, then so be it, we all have our own opinions.

My story started a year ago, i was weighing 78 kg. I was fat, but I was bothering to have a fking titties. I followed a drastic regime, I was eating somewhere at 1500 kcal, and now, look at me: 63 kg, 176cm and skinny fat with big nipples.

I decided to let go of my shit workout, and start from monday 5/3/1 bbb. The problem is, how do you think I have to do to make progress? cut or bulk?
repeat, am 176 cm, 63 kg.

Another question, can i still get ā€œnovice gainsā€ after 1 year and a overtraining?
I had 12000 kg volume on a chest day. 2x/week.

Dude you are so far off the mark on so many points. Visable love handles?! I think you have lost your mind and also have a skewed perspective on body image. They are his hips that stand out due to lack of muscle in other places.

I can say with 100% certainty that my current body fat is higher than that picture above, yet I have visible abs.

2 Likes

So, I threw your multiple threads into this one, where you can discuss training and nutrition.

Starting 5 or 6 different threads in the last 3 weeks asking similar questions, including 2 different threads about your training plan in the last 3 days, is unnecessary. Keep all your questions here, actually listen to the advice and put it into action, and youā€™ll be set.

1 Like

Hey chris - feel bad. Not only did I link to an out side site. But I told this guy to start a new thread and did not realise he had a few in the go.
Sorryā€¦

1 Like

No worries at all.

1 Like

Sorry.

Hips on waist? Dude, shredded guys have ā€œV-shaped bodyā€ (props Arnold). His silhouette isnā€™t V. Thatā€™s why I told you to look only at an outline. He has rather a hourglass, if I was to compare it to anything.

I too may be at higher level and have better abs, very possible. But are we judging if he is leaner than us or is he lean ENOUGH to bulk? We have developed abs, so our are visible at, letā€™s say 15%. He has underdeveloped, so his arenā€™t visible at 14%. Now the question is - if he has 14%, should he bulk. In my opinion - no.

Heā€™s 63kg. He has no business cutting, especially since he doesnā€™t have the experience needed to build musce, he wont be able to maintain muscle on a cut. After a cut heā€™ll be what, 60kg? 55kg? Abs on somebody that skinny are heavily unimpressive.

Heā€™ll be look much better and make more strength gains if he hits the 70-80kg mark even with a little body fat.

Also bodyfat measurements are incredibly inaccurate and arbritatry, unless he has access to a dexascan. But if he had dexascan access/money, he would already have a coach. He doesnā€™t have a V shaped body because his shoulders arenā€™t developed since he just started lifting.

Somebody who has a hard time gaining weight, especially eating as clean he is, will never go overboard, and if they will, heā€™ll likely catch it. My take? He should bulk on a slowly growing surplus. He should take time to work on shoveling in more of the quality foods that heā€™s already eating and need to train in the gym.

1 Like

No worries.

Youā€™re obviously trying to get this right. And look as though youā€™re 90% there. Hit up a simple program (starting strength. Strong lifts, 531, West Side for skinny, strength training collage addition etc) eat BIG. The plan from building the monolith is good.
Do this for 12 weeks. Come back.

Start a log BTW so people can check up on you.

Because they have lats, shoulders and a ā€˜yokeā€™
He has exactly 0 of these

2 Likes

You are clueless dude.

So to get a v taper his upper body can stay the same but he looses size off his hips?

Please stop.

1 Like

Combine clavicle lengthening with hip shaving and weā€™re on to something.

3 Likes