New Person, Help?

I think this would be some VERY helpfull reading for you.

“The Mod With the Bod”
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=634722

Hope it helps and good luck with your goals
Phill

You weren’t rude at all. I am a huge fan of constructive criticism. I find it very amazing that you mention muscle loss in my arms. I stopped working about 4 months ago, I used to lift 30 lb automobile rims on a daily basis. Since I don’t do that anymore, my arms have lost a lot of muscle. Thanks for all the comments and the T-mod article … her butt is bombing … How does she get it so round? :wink:

Uhh, i saw the pics, what exactly do you not like about yourself?

[quote]Shawnie6874 wrote:
You weren’t rude at all. I am a huge fan of constructive criticism. I find it very amazing that you mention muscle loss in my arms. I stopped working about 4 months ago, I used to lift 30 lb automobile rims on a daily basis. Since I don’t do that anymore, my arms have lost a lot of muscle. Thanks for all the comments and the T-mod article … her butt is bombing … How does she get it so round? ;)[/quote]

I’m going to venture a guess: deadlifts.

Yup round but= squats and DL’s

Wow. Some women just don’t know what they have.

[quote]Superman wrote:
Uhh, i saw the pics, what exactly do you not like about yourself?[/quote]

I just wanted to get my ab muscles to be more defined. (and my nose is too big :wink: LOL … just some humor there) I added my arms to my routine today, and good grief I HAVE lost a lot of muscle. I haven’t lifted anything with my arms in so long, they felt like rubber bands when I got done.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Wow. Some women just don’t know what they have.[/quote]

I am guessing that after being overweight … I have just become super critical? … And thank you very much :slight_smile:

[quote]Shawnie6874 wrote:
I added my arms to my routine today, and good grief I HAVE lost a lot of muscle.[/quote]

So maybe I was right! huh?

With a heavy weight.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Yup round but= squats and DL’s

[/quote]

[quote]NNNNate! wrote:
With a heavy weight.[/quote]

This is T-Nation, it goes without saying.

Looking great!!! Congrats!

Can you tell us exactly how you lost all the weight? What did you eat?

[quote]Can you tell us exactly how you lost all the weight? What did you eat?
[/quote]

I didnt become active (at all) until I turned 21. Pretty much once I got off my butt, I started losing weight. I don’t eat AS MUCH junk food as I used to either.

how are you now?

wow i think you look great!!

now with more muscle on your frame it would be even better.

stay strong

You are a very good looking girl and have a great base to work with.

I imagine the reason you want to loose some fat from your midsection is to give yourself more of an hourglass shape looking straight on. I could be wrong but I don’t think that is your natural shape, I think you are more straight up and down, almost boyish figured. If that is the case you might have to resort to some extreme dieting to get your waist circumference to budge (since you are already quite lean). You would be much better off to add some width to your shoulders and back. I think your lower body looks good, but hey, you can never have too much booty or leg muscle! Adding some width to the top and the bottom portion of your body will create the illusion of a smaller waist. It’s like magic. Give it a try and you won’t even recognize yourself after a while. Plus, the more muscle you add, the more food you will have to eat on a daily basis to maintain the muscle. Then you can actually get away with your treats. If you go the route of trying to carry even less fat than you currently do I imagine you will eventually find it too hard and give up.

[quote]JPBear wrote:
…but hey, you can never have too much booty… [/quote]

You’d be good friends with my GF! :slight_smile:

If only more women thought like that…the world would be a nicer place to walk through on a Summer afternoon.

Just thought of some more advice. If you want your abs to really stand out you are going to have to thicken them. You can do this by doing some weight bearing crunches (do your crunches holding a weighted ball over your head) or cable crunches. Try and do less volume with more weight. Any of the heavy compound lifts are going to work your abs too.

[quote]JPBear wrote:
Any of the heavy compound lifts are going to work your abs too.
[/quote]

I was just going to suggest something like that. Any type of standing exercise is going to work them as well. Standing military press is probably my favorite, hell, even standing curls (just not in the squat rack).