I decided this week I’ll test my 1RM in each of the power lifts (bench, squat and DL) today I did deadlift (conventional) and got 150kg (330lb) RAW as my 1RM. Why I thought I’d share is because for me this is amazing since 6 weeks ago my max in the lift was 130kg (286lb).
I put this relatively large increase down to two factors the way I tested my 1rm and Sumo Squats. 6 weeks ago when I last tested my DL I did too many reps (about 5) for too many sets close to my 1rm, so this time I started with 3 reps and once I went over 100kg just did singles, and I also increased my rest periods from 90s to 120s (with a 180s rest before my final attempt).
Also since then I was on Chad Waterbury’s ABBH program and as my DL variation exercise I used sumo squats (which I have never done before) and I think that the volume of DL in the program helped bring up some supporting muscles that I don’t use much that are used a bit more in the sumo variation.