New Orleans, Worth Your Help?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Nice, another “blame the victims” thread.

Maybe everybody living in tornado alley should be left to the wolves. Then, all the people on the west coast in earthquake zones should be thrown to the abyss as well. Then, everybody living anywhere along the Mississipi should be left to rot when it floods.

Who else can we disown? I’m sure there are risks and dangers everwhere. Oh, how could I forget, anyone living near a forest should be left for ashes when there are forest fires. Then, when we have dry seasons, farmers should be left in financial ruin.

Cool, we might be able to wash our hands of maybe 1/4 of the populace. Good plan![/quote]

Vroom–
If you were referring to me, its a mistake to take my post farther than what was intended, or for that matter, my statements exactly. Nobody is talking about blaming the victims or throwing people to the snow. Currently our federal gov & FEMA are giving $$$ to the victims, not much but $2000 will help and hopefully they will be able to find jobs and relocate sucessfully. I get flamed quick but all im really saying is questioning whether to rebuild in the same area just like the other posts. So forgive my defeatist attitude but i dont want my grandkids to read about the disaster(S) @ NO of the years of 2005, 2020 ,2025 ect. Its a rational decision to be made NOT an emotional one. It should either have funding to rebuild the city or not, or just parts of it if that makes more sense.

For anybody else that responded: Given the fact that the govmnt is helping out the evacuees and that the majority of them are able to relocate, & the fact that funds are pretty much wasted in the event of another catastrophic disaster, would it make sense to rebuild NO on its present area?

does 2+2 ever equal 5 or 6 for ya vroom?

[quote]thabigdon24 wrote:
vroom wrote:
Nice, another “blame the victims” thread.

Maybe everybody living in tornado alley should be left to the wolves. Then, all the people on the west coast in earthquake zones should be thrown to the abyss as well. Then, everybody living anywhere along the Mississipi should be left to rot when it floods.

Who else can we disown? I’m sure there are risks and dangers everwhere. Oh, how could I forget, anyone living near a forest should be left for ashes when there are forest fires. Then, when we have dry seasons, farmers should be left in financial ruin.

Cool, we might be able to wash our hands of maybe 1/4 of the populace. Good plan!

Vroom–
If you were referring to me, its a mistake to take my post farther than what was intended, or for that matter, my statements exactly. Nobody is talking about blaming the victims or throwing people to the snow. Currently our federal gov & FEMA are giving $$$ to the victims, not much but $2000 will help and hopefully they will be able to find jobs and relocate sucessfully. I get flamed quick but all im really saying is questioning whether to rebuild in the same area just like the other posts. So forgive my defeatist attitude but i dont want my grandkids to read about the disaster(S) @ NO of the years of 2005, 2020 ,2025 ect. Its a rational decision to be made NOT an emotional one. It should either have funding to rebuild the city or not, or just parts of it if that makes more sense.

For anybody else that responded: Given the fact that the govmnt is helping out the evacuees and that the majority of them are able to relocate, & the fact that funds are pretty much wasted in the event of another catastrophic disaster, would it make sense to rebuild NO on its present area? [/quote]

Where in the hell do you want to rebuild N.O.? Let’s see how about in your backyard or maybe in another state. N.O. is a city in Louisiana where people live and work, it’s not just a place to vist. The city should be rebuilt, but the goverment (fed.and state)need to build some preventions so it doen’t happen again.
It’s alot to explain but, most people out side the affected areas really don’t have a clue.

The way it looks now the govenor dropped the ball on the federal assitance for the evacuee’s.

I can tell you this I’m about 45 min from N.O. and we are feeling the results of the aftermath, lack of gas, over populated streets, no food or lack of at the stores, and alot af kids bening enrolled into an already over populated school system.

Desipte all of that we are dealing with it and N.O., all though many people will not return wil be rebuilt.

the issue isnt the money involved to fix it. I heard on CNN that it was estimated 2 billion to fix and strengthen the levees to be able to withstand a category 5 hurricane , the strongest possible. The issue is whether we can do enough so that it wont be possible that god will destroy it again.

[quote]thabigdon24 wrote:
the issue isnt the money involved to fix it. I heard on CNN that it was estimated 2 billion to fix and strengthen the levees to be able to withstand a category 5 hurricane , the strongest possible. The issue is whether we can do enough so that it wont be possible that god will destroy it again.[/quote]

God destroyed it the first time? Dude, either become an atheist, or pick up a bible.

X: In a figurative sense , yes, god did destroy NO. That being said, i’m an agnostic. Damn X , using his crazy psychic powers on me again.