T Nation

New, My Plan?

Hi. I’m new to the forums and was wondering if you guys could give me advice about my workout plan. I’m 17 and ran track and cross country in high school. I’m 5 ft 7 and weigh 135 lbs. I eat healthy and can consume A LOT of food. I think I’m pretty strong. While I haven’t lifted weights I’ve done and can do a lot of pushups and core work.

I haven’t really done much lifting in high school, and I’m trying to bulk up while staying fit. I plan on doing 3 day sets with the first being arms and chest, the second being back and shoulders and the third being legs and abs.

How does that sound? Any advice is welcome and appreciated?

[quote]yogurt07 wrote:
Hi. I’m new to the forums and was wondering if you guys could give me advice about my workout plan. I’m 17 and ran track and cross country in high school. I’m 5 ft 7 and weigh 135 lbs. I eat healthy and can consume A LOT of food. I think I’m pretty strong. While I haven’t lifted weights I’ve done and can do a lot of pushups and core work.

I haven’t really done much lifting in high school, and I’m trying to bulk up while staying fit. I plan on doing 3 day sets with the first being arms and chest, the second being back and shoulders and the third being legs and abs.

How does that sound? Any advice is welcome and appreciated?[/quote]

I would not do Legs and core on the same day, because heavy squats and deads work abs pretty hard.

MY ADVICE:
read…(look into the westside program and / or 5x5 program)
eat…
lift with good form…