New Music

A really good black metal band that I hadn’t heard before until a couple of days ago

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
LL Cool J

“Can’t Think”
“U Can’t Fuck With Me” (featuring Snoop Dogg, Xzibit and Jayo Felony)
“The G.O.A.T.”
“Ill Bomb”[/quote]

The Greatest Of All Time.

Anyone know of any good Electronic music? I’m not sure what it’s called exactly, but it usually doesn’t have any vocals. I have never listened to it before so I don’t know where to look or who to look for.

To Applesauce-

Perfect Cell Theme (don’t know who it’s done by)

and Sandstorm, by Darude

[quote]Applesauce wrote:
Anyone know of any good Electronic music? I’m not sure what it’s called exactly, but it usually doesn’t have any vocals. I have never listened to it before so I don’t know where to look or who to look for.[/quote]

The band “blood stain child” has a ton of techno influence on some of their songs.

“freedom” and “C.E. 0079” are two songs of their that are pretty good. C.E. 0079 is an instrumental I am pretty sure.

[quote]IQ wrote:

What kind of music are these?

I was thinking Gospel up until “Goatwhore”.[/quote]

LOL, This has to be the funniest thing I’ve read in a loong time

More recommendations:

Trivium- Ascendancy
Behemoth- Prometherion
Vesania- Hell is for Children
The Black Dahlia Murder- Miasma
Dimmu Borgir- Allegiance
Dimmu Borgir- In Death’s Embrace
Wolves In The Throne Room- Behold the Vastness and Sorrow
Himsa- Big Timber

Hypocrisy Blooddrenched

in flames december flower

inflames used to be the best band in the world, imo

[quote]Applesauce wrote:
Anyone know of any good Electronic music? I’m not sure what it’s called exactly, but it usually doesn’t have any vocals. I have never listened to it before so I don’t know where to look or who to look for.[/quote]

Pendulum is good electronic stuff, there’s some vocals but it’s far from the focal point of their sound.

If you’re trying to reach into some new genres and don’t know names hit up sites like Last.fm and tag search, you’ll get some decent exposure to what people listen to and can branch from there.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
LL Cool J

“Can’t Think”
“U Can’t Fuck With Me” (featuring Snoop Dogg, Xzibit and Jayo Felony)
“The G.O.A.T.”
“Ill Bomb”

The Greatest Of All Time. [/quote]

I can’t wait for his new album, Exit 13. Produced by 50 Cent and is supposed to feature a parental advisory sticker. His first since GOAT.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
Hypocrisy Blooddrenched

in flames december flower

inflames used to be the best band in the world, imo [/quote]

I actually really enjoy a lot of their “post sellout” stuff, Soundtrack to your Escape and Come Clarity aren’t nearly as bad as most metal fans make them out to be, different =/= awful. My Sweet Shadow is actually my dedicated PR breaking song, has the build up and everything.

Edit: With that said I’d still take Colony or Clayman over any of their others, and that’s pretty much the exact middle ground from their old->new.

As far as rap goes, with the exception of a few current rappers like Lil Wayne,Twista, and Busta Rhymes, (maybe one or two more) I occasionally listen to, I’m permanently stuck in the 90s for rap. I have about 8-10 GB of mostly rap/hip-hop from the 90s alone. Not to mention some other alt rock/rock stuff I have as well.

[quote]red04 wrote:
Applesauce wrote:
Anyone know of any good Electronic music? I’m not sure what it’s called exactly, but it usually doesn’t have any vocals. I have never listened to it before so I don’t know where to look or who to look for.

Pendulum is good electronic stuff, there’s some vocals but it’s far from the focal point of their sound.

If you’re trying to reach into some new genres and don’t know names hit up sites like Last.fm and tag search, you’ll get some decent exposure to what people listen to and can branch from there.[/quote]

Thanks. I just started getting into it, so I don’t know the who’s who of the genre.

That’s Gangsta- Bun B
To Sirius- Gojira
Born to Crush You- Icepick
The Trooper- Iron Maiden
Crystal Skull- Mastodon
Disciple- Slayer
Broken Bodies- Time Again
Any Dropkick Murphys
Any Hatebreed

A little different, but they work for me.

EDIT: Shit. Only the Bun B is new, but check the rest out anyways…

Okey…my favorites:

METAL
Amon Amarth - The Valkyries Ride

Anorexia Nervosa - Mother Anorexia

Dissection - Night’s Blood

Behemoth - Zos Kia Cultus

ELECTRONIC/DRUM&BASS/PSYCADELIC

Infected Mushroom - Artillery

Infected Mushroom - Forgive Me

Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious

I love working out to The Meters. GREAT musicians with huge chops, incredible live band. Very funky with a strong island/reggae influence. If you can ever see them live, I can’t receommend them enough.

I also work out to John Scofield, particularly the album ‘A GoGo’, which has Martin, Medeski, & Wood as his backing band. Speaking of which, the MMW album ‘Combusitication’ is great to work out to as well.

Here’s Sco and MMW playing a song from ‘A GoGo’.

Also love working out to punk-influenced Irish bands like The Pogues, Flogging Molly, and The Dropkick Murphys

My Morning Jacket - ‘Live at Okonokos’ is a good one to work out to…

Hip-Hop you said?

You are crippling yourself with Lil Wayne.

heres some videos I STRONGLY suggest you check out for ‘real hip hop’

Cunninlynguists

Blackalicious

Hieroglyphics(Great pick me up song :P)

Immortal Technique
lyrics for this song are ridiculous:

P.O.S.

ridiculously good

FOR PUNK ROCK:

Turbonegro

Social Distortion

River City Rebels

The Code (one of the best live shows ever…)

Ska:

Common Rider!! Strongly suggest!

Operation Ivy, same singer as Common Rider but like 10 years younger!

The Specials… Classic for sure.

You can also check out my Muxtape for some music.

http://hanger.muxtape.com/
Check er out!

P.S. I also HIGHLY suggest Dropkick Murphys, I’ve seen them live twice – Simply amazing… Just thinking about it gets me pumped.

[quote]red04 wrote:

[/quote]

I strongly suggest Pendulum as well, I’ve been hooked since I got their stuff a few weeks ago.