New Music?

D ue to the fact that I take my ipod everywhere and rarely listen to the radio/mtv, etc I don’t know of any new songs out there that are great for lifting. I’m sure that there are a billion posts of good lifting songs on here, but I didn’t even bother searching. I’m looking for new stuff I have a ton of great music for lifting but it’s all stuff that came out more than a year ago. Anybody have a fav “lifting song” that they are listening to right now? Can be a new or old song but preferrably new from the past 5-6 months or so.
Thanks guys!

-Gerdy

Agalloch. Progressive metal that’s unlike anything you’ve ever heard before.

sweet dood i’ll check it out. My favorite lifting bands are killswitch engage and sonic syndicate…but anything works i’ve even trained to james blunt. lol rough times…lol

-Gerdy

James Blunt? Dear God…

I figure you won’t check backed pages for the 24390872345 (maybe a slight exaggeration) music threads that are there, so I’ll summarize a few of the better bands listed, as well as some personal lifting favorites:

1. Saliva
  2. Korn
  3. Puddle of Mudd
  4. Avenged Sevenfold
  5. As I Lay Dying
  6. Papa Roach

I’d also like to throw in some GN’R, Metallica, AC/DC, stuff like that. The bands listed may not be new, but they provide great lifting experiences.

padilla7921: ya those bands are awesome! i have songs from all of them lol and ya the james blunt thing was a rough time as a said…girls man i tell you…lmao! but ya i was going to search but i’m more interested in finding songs that just came out and i didn’t think that searching old threads would give me new songs lol. I have my ipod and listen to what i put on that so i’m not really listening to new stuff unless somebody tells me about them so i figured to check here…more looking for songs released from the past 6 months…but thanks again dood…puddle of mudd “she hates me”…GENIOUS! lol

-Gerdy

36 Crazyfists… amazing stuff… soundtrack to my life… kind of a post hardcore/metalcore sound… devildriver is always a winner too…

[quote]CaptainPac wrote:
36 Crazyfists… amazing stuff… soundtrack to my life… kind of a post hardcore/metalcore sound… devildriver is always a winner too…[/quote]

I’m glad someone else finally likes 36 crazyfists. I can’t think of one friend that has ever heard of them, much less listen to.

But for me, In Flames is the greatest shit to listen to while working out. They have enough albums (plus a new one that just came out not even a week ago) you could never get tired of them!

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I didn’t even bother searching. [/quote]

Lazy ass.

Try Arctic Monkeys

Avenged Sevenfold has a new album out that I think awsome and Disturbed has a new one comming out sometime this month or next not to sure. I have only heard the singal off it once but I really like Disturbed b/c they make good albums. But I think any lifting music library is incompleat without “I Stand Alone” by Godsmack.

another song I really like is “Hey Man Nice Shot” by Filter

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Disturbed has a new one comming out sometime this month or next not to sure. [/quote]

haha thnx

Really like that song. They are a great band.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
haha thnx

Really like that song. They are a great band.[/quote]

Here’s a way to get another track:

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Agalloch. Progressive metal that’s unlike anything you’ve ever heard before. [/quote]

Thanks! I checked out there Myspace.

Ministry - N.W.O. or Jesus Built My Hotrod
Die Krupps - To The Hilt

Not new, but great none-the-less

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
Try Arctic Monkeys
[/quote]

One of my favorite bands. They’re so rhythmic and upbeat, they remind me of the Beatles.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
Try Arctic Monkeys

One of my favorite bands. They’re so rhythmic and upbeat, they remind me of the Beatles.[/quote]

Didn’t realise the Arctic Monkeys were even heard of in the States! Indeed, a cool band. Still trying to figure out if I prefer their first or second album. Hmmmm…

Bona,

36 is the truth, i recently went to about 3 conceerts in a row. The guys are friends of ours and we had a blast, Listened to the new cd thats coming out (release is may 27th) and its fuckin amazing… got a ton of pics too… pm me if youd liek to see them… gotta go dig up the cord for my dig cam now… lol

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I didn’t even bother searching.

Lazy ass.

Try Arctic Monkeys
[/quote]

It was leg day and i was trying to save any and all energy for the gym :stuck_out_tongue: lol

thanks to everybody for the songs…i hope i’m not the only one benefitting from this…

-Gerdy

Anterior
Nile
Goatwhore
As I Lay Dying
Dimmu Fuckin Borgir!
Wolves In The Throne Room
Burzum
Immortal

Should I keep going?

And for the last time people: System of a Down is NOT METAL!

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
And for the last time people: System of a Down is NOT METAL![/quote]

it’s sad this has to be said.

disturbed isn’t good either.