New Muscle Pump Coaching

Yes, do 30-10-30 on each exercise under the Stimulate category.

We’ll release the method details today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarification!

Great thank you!

The 1-1./2 Stimulate Rep Method is now in the plan.

Tim or @Ellington_Darden

Are the slow negative chins and dips still part of workout 25-36? If so, which workouts?

Thanks,
John

Part 2: Negative Chin and Dip

• MON/7: add 30-sec neg chin at end
  • WED/11: add 30-sec neg dip at end
  • WED/14: add 45-sec neg chin at end
  • FRI/18: add 45-sec neg dip at end|
2 Likes

Tim or Dr Darden can you clarify something for me? I’m the body part blocks it still says rest between exercisers in each block is usually 10 seconds and then 60 seconds between the pump stimulate and flutter. But now phase 1 says to rest no more then 30 seconds between sets, phase two is less and phase three even less.

I’ve been doing it as laid out in the body part blocks. Did something change?

Yes, things have changed and will continue changing. That’s how advanced training works. So keep checking back.

Will do! Thank you!

Thanks, Tim!

Tim I’ve got a question on the updates to the workouts. So it looks like the time of 10 seconds between exercises in the method itself is still the same but now only taking 30 seconds or less between methods? It’s been pretty brutal keeping that pace up and my weights are suffering so I want to make sure I’m reading that correctly.

Second question, are we supposed to do the standard stimulate method for the first 2 weeks and then 30-10-30 for the second 2 weeks and then the 1 1/2 reps for the last 2 week? Or do we do the standard for 6 weeks, 30-10-30 for 6 weeks and then 1 1/2 reps for 6 weeks?

Thanks for your time!

Yes, that’s correct. And yes, it’s brutal, but your body will eventually adapt to the advanced pace.

No, a part is one round of three phases. So you do the Stimulate rep method for all three phases of a part.

Brutal indeed! I’ll keep at it!

Got it! Thanks again!

Is the Surge program still available to sign up for?

I don’t think it’s available anymore but they just put an article up that is the plan today. Surge Workout Fuel is worth the cost.

1 Like

I believe you can still do it. Here’s the direct link.

My new years resolution for 2024 will be to do the Darden M3 Muscle plan!

Having read the program outline and the attached coaching thread, I realize it may require some beforehand planning/rehearsal - and also a plan B if the gym is occupied OR whether I choose to do a day in the basic home gym. In case of other disturbances in life, I also consider a two days a week version, meaning the workouts will be followed on a different basis.

That said, I have some questions:

1. Any recommendations on what to shift the hacksquat with in the thigh block?

2. I consider doing one calf excercise only throughout the calves block. Will probably shift standing/seated calf presses from one workout to the other. Any comments on that?

3. The shoulders block mean a lot of volume in the 4 stimulate excercises! What is the proper strategy to handle this volume combined TUT? Really low weights?

4. In the lats block - How do you properly perform a pump action Darden pullover without sacrificing form? I intend to go by feel and let the excercise take its time, approx 2 sec up/down.

5. In the biceps block I find the chinups too heavy for pump work, and intend to use Gravitron equipment whenever possible. Any replacement excercise for chinup? Lying reps to a bar?

6. I read somewhere a trainee pointing out using your 20RM estimate for a stimulus block. Sounds appropriate. This means you will start this program on really low weights. Any comments?

7. @Kim_Bortnak : Did you actually perform this program on a 2 days/week schedule? How did it go?

Thankful for any advice, adjustments or lessons learned from any trainee who managed to do this program @davemccright @cyclonengineer @antiquity. Obviously, I see high value in any input from @Ellington_Darden or @Tim_Patterson.

Thankful in advance!

2 Likes