New Muscle Pump Coaching

No doms noticed the next day post the long(er) time under tension biceps portion, also hitting calves, forearm and leg press work (that I previously have rarely focused on, or hit in isolatation). Yet to note any doms using Surge as prescribed. 10 sessions completed thus far.

2 Likes

I finished the 12th (and final?) workout of the Challenge last night! Great experience, Broke me through a plateau and hopefully I can get some pictures tonight.

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

For those moving on to weeks 5-8 of the Surge Challenge, will the dosing directions ever change? Is it always three servings of Surge on workout days and one of off days?

1 Like

There are directions for weeks 5-8 posted in the Surge Workout plans thread.

On a related note - I like the hashtag in the banner ad:
#DisturbingVascularity should become a trend.

2 Likes

This sounds like a NSFW reddit feed.

2 Likes

I am tempted to see if this hashtag exists there, but I am work and like my job…

On vacation and brought along Surge. Been dosing as usual and finished workout #12 yesterday. Been doing CrossFit-style workouts on the in-between days. These workouts translate well to travel and vacation. Enough work to keep progressing but not too much to tire me out for a full day of activities. Planning on starting Phase 3 tomorrow. Gotta order some Surge when I get back to the states.

2 Likes

Send nudes !

1 Like

I’m on vacation as well and only brought my bands. I’m debating on trying to get the workouts in with bands only. What’s your plan on vacation for the workouts?

1 Like

Check out @ChongLordUno 's youtube for some absolute bonkers bodyweight workouts.

Also head to the website “wodwell” and search for bodyweight workouts

If you are going somewhere with a fitness center, you are positively spoiled if they have DBs up to 50lbs, and I can come up with some soulbreaking workouts for you as well

1 Like

I have been paying $11/day for a full-on locals gym in Cabo that has everything. I’ve been doing this every other day to get in a Surge Challenge workout. On the next day I use the resort gym. Limited to DBs up to 50, a rower, a pull up and dip station, and some machines. I’ve been modifying WODs in this space. Dose Surge as usual.

I’ll be looking for one to do this Thursday before traveling back home. Need a good challenge since otherwise I’ll be sitting on a plane or riding in a van. I have access to DBs up to 50 lbs, floor space, pull up and dip station.

What you got for a good challenge?

1 Like

How long of a workout?

Edit: I don’t want to miss you in case we run into a schedule issue, so in the interim

“SPARTAN DOOM”

For an hour, EMOM do 5 chins.

In between chins, do Devil Presses

Use 50s for the first 20 minutes

25s for the next 20

Burpees for the final 20

Thats totally modular too. You could do DB thrusters, clusters or front squats instead. You could rotate dips and chins. Change the time around. Etc.

Another classic is “Tabata everything”. Again, rotate between clusters, thrusters, front squats, burpees, chins, dips, devil presses, double snatches, etc. Try to rotate 2 easy movements to 1 hard one, and then ride it out for 100 rounds (50 minutes).

Theres also “Cluster Bomb”. Set up for burpee chins with that chinning bar. EMOM, 3 clusters (clean into a thruster) with the DBs, then burpee chins. Set a rep total goal for the burpee chins. 100 is a classic number.

Phase 2, Workout 12 in the books. Most noticeable growth in chest, biceps, delts. Recovery is as good as it has ever been for me.

Recovering from food poisoning, and my doctor keeps pushing Pedialyte to stay hydrated. I keep telling him “nah, I got something better.” :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

How many of you are going to move on to Phases 3 and 4 of the Surge Challenge?

Will you dose the Surge the same way for the final two phases?

1 Like

I am moving into that starting friday. Plan is to keep the dose the same. Picked up some extra Surge to fuel it.

2 Likes

Everyone needs to follow the Surge Dosing Protocol.

2 Likes

Yep, continuing on through Phase 4. Then, planning on continuing with slight movement adjustments. I’m going to keep up the Surge dosing protocol indefinitely. It’s made a huge difference in workout quality. My workout quality used to vary drastically between ‘3-5’ with occasional ‘6-7’ on a self ranking system. Following the protocol, every workout has been a ‘7-8’ with a few pushing damn hard and feeling good.

2 Likes