New Muscle Pump Coaching

I finished day 2 of week 2 as well and will say I’m just glad I finally finished the stimulate portion of the biceps block. I used 10 pounds which is hard to admit but had a huge pump and a good burn. Can’t wait to do Fridays workout and the final 2 weeks though I’ve been digging these workouts. I finished today in about 23 minutes.

2 Likes

Yeah I just did that one too. Checked out your log and I’m impressed with how heavy you are able to go. I’ve had to use relatively light weights to knock these out and be able to keep the up the pace of the workout. The essentially no rest between sets is tough.

1 Like

That truly makes it brutal, I can’t lie. The minimum rest really makes it a challenge. I appreciate that about the weights. I wish I had the muscular endurance in my pecs to stay at 225 on Bench for every set, but I do the best I can!

225 on squats is really tough enough, on bench it would be insane. I’ve used weighted rings and weight vested push ups as the bench alternative, and found that to work very well. I’m also using goblet squats and low handle trap bar squats for the leg day, which I’ve been happy with and still really feel the burn. I don’t set the KB down, just take three breaths, reset the width of my feet, and go again.

1 Like

That sounds like perfect exercise substitutions to me! I always feel a really good pump in my quads with goblet squats. I can imagine the burn from the 0 Rest is insane!

1 Like

Phase 2: Weeks 3-4 Workouts

Just posted Workouts 7-12.

1 Like

Completed block two last night, felt good, though I was light on weight for the biceps block. My triceps are still sore from the first workout and soreness just now setting in on biceps and lats. Even though the biceps weights were light I still had a great pump. Will try and post some pics after a workout soon. Enjoying things so far but it isn’t easy.

1 Like

No it isn’t, but I didn’t expect it to be. The pumps have been really awesome though. It’s been a lot of fun giving more dedicated arm work per session than I have in a while!

1 Like

Workout 4 done.
The pumps seem to be getting better maybe because I am getting the movement cadences down better.

Lats and forearms feel swole post this workout.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely noticed a lot of fullness in my lats as well which I was slightly surprised because I haven’t done pullovers a whole lot. I’ve done them here and there but I think I’m getting the movement down better.

1 Like

General question for everyone.

What is your favorite body part block? I think mine is triceps. I’ve always been a fan of tricep work and they seem to respond much better than my chest.

I have used pull-ups in my routines a lot since starting lifting 17 years ago.

May favorite block is probably the thigh block.

I do a quick set. RPE of maybe 7/8. Firm positive, 5-second negative, lefting the rib cage high for full ROM. Nothing strenuous, just a howdy to abs like “I didn’t forget about you guys”

Lats. Everything is close in my gym. I can put my butt in one, a towel on the second machine, my Surge bottle on the third.
Least favorite? calves. I haven’t done them in so long that I cramped from rep 1 on the pump set.

1 Like

That’s happened to me before. Not in this challenge but awhile back. And it’s always my right one that cramps

The other thing I have noticed is that my appetite has been off the charts yesterday and today.

Same here. I’m eating 3,600 calories and I’ll bump to 3,700 Monday. I’m always hungry right now

1 Like

Opposite problem for me: I have minimal appetite on this product. Very weird, I was born hungry and love food pretty much all the time.

2 Likes

That happened to myself and @SvenG for a day or two it seemed like. We battled through!

3 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed the biceps blocks mainly because it’s very different to anything I’ve done recently. I’ve barely heard anyone talk about Zottman curls in the last 25 years let alone do them!