New MMA Idea (No Seriously)

As I sit here procrastinating for my neuroscience term paper I had an idea. I wonder why no one’s done it. Develop obscene strength in the leg adductors so that you can win a fight just by pulling guard. Is it doable? I tried it on my girlfriend and she screamed.

Is it possible enough to develop enough strength to break someone’s hip, rupture some internal organs or interfere with breathing or otherwise cause a tap out? These are the kinds of things I think about to keep myself from being productive.

I’ve actually started using the hip abductor machine, since I do BJJ and noticed it’s definately geared for the women, as I will be able to do reps with the full stack before long, and don’t come anywhere close to that on lat pulls, or cable rows, which are the only other machines I’ve used.

Take back the corduroy jacket and pipe: These aren’t deep thoughts. Next time, instead of “thinking,” you should read a book.

And, no, you couldn’t.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Take back the corduroy jacket and pipe: These aren’t deep thoughts. Next time, instead of “thinking,” you should read a book.

And, no, you couldn’t. [/quote]

You are a bad person.

[/quote]

Lose the wry & witty old man shtick. No one thinks you’re funny. Next time, instead of sneering, avoid wasting server space with weak sarcasm. I’ve done more reading in the past week than you’ve done in the last decade.

You derive a sick thrill out of being offensive on the internet. How odd. C-Law, how old were you when you realized you weren’t like the other kids? Did they throw rocks at you? How many of them hit you on the head?

Having a strong guard is definitely helpful, but I highly doubt you’d be able to tap someone from it, as there’s too many things a guy can do from the top position to either break your guard, or cause you to loosen the grip on your guard.

[quote]Racarnus wrote:
As I sit here procrastinating for my neuroscience term paper I had an idea. I wonder why no one’s done it. Develop obscene strength in the leg adductors so that you can win a fight just by pulling guard. Is it doable? I tried it on my girlfriend and she screamed.

Is it possible enough to develop enough strength to break someone’s hip, rupture some internal organs or interfere with breathing or otherwise cause a tap out? These are the kinds of things I think about to keep myself from being productive.[/quote]

You are a dumbass.

[quote]Racarnus wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Lose the wry & witty old man shtick. No one thinks you’re funny.[/quote]

I think he’s fucking hysterical. Being the butt of a joke has made you unable to objectively appreciate a witty comment. Now who has no sense of humor?

I can’t refute whether or not you’re well read. I do know that CL recommended How to Argue and Win Every Time on a summer reading thread. I took his recommendation and loved it.

[quote]You derive a sick thrill out of being offensive on the internet. How odd. C-Law, how old were you when you realized you weren’t like the other kids? Did they throw rocks at you? How many of them hit you on the head?
[/quote]

You’re calling his “thrills” sick? You’re trying to figure out how to bruise people’s organs or some such shit – a lot of people might argue that you’re just dreaming up torture methods. Does that mean they get to ram judgment up your ass?

[quote]Racarnus wrote:
Lose the wry & witty old man shtick. No one thinks you’re funny. Next time, instead of sneering, avoid wasting server space with weak sarcasm. I’ve done more reading in the past week than you’ve done in the last decade.

You derive a sick thrill out of being offensive on the internet. How odd. C-Law, how old were you when you realized you weren’t like the other kids? Did they throw rocks at you? How many of them hit you on the head?
[/quote]

Some find it funny, others don’t. That’s the nature of a public gathering. Usually people form sets and avoid interacting with others groups. With the Internet, everyone has to listen to everyone else.

I would love it if people would stop posting, “What is creatine?” Others would love it if I would shut up. Again, that’s the nature of a public forum.

Anyhow, I personally found your, “Look at all these deep thoughts I have when not doing neuroscience papers” to be hilariously pretentious. I’m all for talking about mind-blowing shit. But if you’re going to draw attention to your thoughts - well… at least make them interesting.

Anyhow, this raises an interesting question: Who is more wrong - the guy who calls a post stupid, or the person who wrote the stupid post? Sure, a guy could ignore a post he didn’t like. Or people could stop making stupid posts.

if that won’t get you laid, I don’t know what will.

This post reminds me of that chick from the James Bond movie, Xenia Onatopp [sp?].

I would love it if people would stop posting, “What is creatine?” Others would love it if I would shut up. Again, that’s the nature of a public forum.

Anyhow, I personally found your, “Look at all these deep thoughts I have when not doing neuroscience papers” to be hilariously pretentious. I’m all for talking about mind-blowing shit. But if you’re going to draw attention to your thoughts - well… at least make them interesting.

Anyhow, this raises an interesting question: Who is more wrong - the guy who calls a post stupid, or the person who wrote the stupid post? Sure, a guy could ignore a post he didn’t like. Or people could stop making stupid posts.[/quote]

You misread me, probably because most of your posts are attempts to show off your mental prowess in what is your own little version of a mental pissing contest. Lighten up a little. Not all posts have to interest you.

Less than a tenth of the posts on this site interest me, and I visit forums, partly, to alleviate boredom from whatever it is I’m doing, as was the case earlier today. That my question was in any way intended to be “deep” was a claim of yours, not mine.

Learn to distinguish posts where a good faith effort to research the topic beforehand is present from those where it is absent and reserve your condescending attitude for the latter. Moreso than trying to attract attention to my thoughts or however you put it, I was (honestly) interested in knowing whether the kind of strength I was referring to was attainable to the point of being effective.

Maybe the answer is obvious to you. Great. Whatever. It’s not to me. And if you can’t be bothered to respond to such a mind bogglingly stupid question, that’s fine. You could move on, and that’s understandable. However, you choose to piss in the thread for no apparent reason other than to mock or ridicule, which is something that’s not so understandable.

Back to the original question, I have tried that tactic in the gym and found it throws guys a bit. At the time I was squatting low 400s for reps, so my hams and inner thighs were massively strong. I would squeeze guys in my guard, and watch their eyes near pop out.

Unfortunately, my guard sucks so I was never able to do anything with it. As far as getting strong enough to actually cause damage, I seriously doubt it, you would probably tweak an ankle or knee before you could exert enough force to break something on your opponent. Like I said above, if your legs are strong enough, giving the guy a good solid squeeze when he gets into your guard and then holding it longer than he expects(a few seconds) might throw him off his game for a second. Especially if you’ve already been rolling for a while and he is a little winded.

[quote]Racarnus wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Anyhow, this raises an interesting question: Who is more wrong - the guy who calls a post stupid, or the person who wrote the stupid post? Sure, a guy could ignore a post he didn’t like. Or people could stop making stupid posts.

You misread me, probably because most of your posts are attempts to show off your mental prowess in what is your own little version of a mental pissing contest. Lighten up a little. Not all posts have to interest you.

Less than a tenth of the posts on this site interest me, and I visit forums, partly, to alleviate boredom from whatever it is I’m doing, as was the case earlier today. That my question was in any way intended to be “deep” was a claim of yours, not mine.

Learn to distinguish posts where a good faith effort to research the topic beforehand is present from those where it is absent and reserve your condescending attitude for the latter. Moreso than trying to attract attention to my thoughts or however you put it, I was (honestly) interested in knowing whether the kind of strength I was referring to was attainable to the point of being effective.

Maybe the answer is obvious to you. Great. Whatever. It’s not to me. And if you can’t be bothered to respond to such a mind bogglingly stupid question, that’s fine. You could move on, and that’s understandable. However, you choose to piss in the thread for no apparent reason other than to mock or ridicule, which is something that’s not so understandable.[/quote]

I find that most people who post on internet forums are incapable of engaging in dialectics and instead choose to attack people through some perceived polarisation in opinion.

Inevitably it leads people away from a scientific debate and into high school playground land.

Yeah, there are a couple of submissions sort of like that, but they involve either the arms, or a lot of structure. The teepee for instance comes from a stalled triangle, but is really more of a muscle lock.

Yes, it’s possible. I know of several people who can tap people by just squeezing them while in guard. In Sento we call this a “scissor crush”.

Shihan Bushey (although only weighing around 145 lbs) has tapped out superheavyweights in competition using this technique in competition, one actually puked as a result.

Shihan Walt also has extremely strong legs and I’ve seen him tap many people using a scissor crush.

And Shihan Charlie, well I honestly believe that he could break ribs and/or rupture internal organs if he wanted to, just by squeezing them with his legs.

But also keep in mind that the above mentioned men have been practicing Jiu-Jitsu (and scissor crushing) for 30+ years each, not to mention being extremely naturally strong and training to be able to do so.

Good luck and good training,

Sentoguy

[quote]Racarnus wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:

[/quote]

Sorry bud. It was funny.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Having a strong guard is definitely helpful, but I highly doubt you’d be able to tap someone from it, as there’s too many things a guy can do from the top position to either break your guard, or cause you to loosen the grip on your guard.[/quote]

Well said.

And don’t forget about getting punched in the face. Even if you pull him into you so he can’t throw punches or elbows, you wouldn’t have the leverage in that position to squeeze him hard enough. Just get better on the ground.

Also, you probably look like a gayhomo doing the adductor machine.

-dizzle

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Shihan Bushey (although only weighing around 145 lbs) has tapped out superheavyweights in competition using this technique in competition, one actually puked as a result.[/quote]

Video please.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Yes, it’s possible. I know of several people who can tap people by just squeezing them while in guard. In Sento we call this a “scissor crush”.

Shihan Bushey (although only weighing around 145 lbs) has tapped out superheavyweights in competition using this technique in competition, one actually puked as a result.

Shihan Walt also has extremely strong legs and I’ve seen him tap many people using a scissor crush.

And Shihan Charlie, well I honestly believe that he could break ribs and/or rupture internal organs if he wanted to, just by squeezing them with his legs.

But also keep in mind that the above mentioned men have been practicing Jiu-Jitsu (and scissor crushing) for 30+ years each, not to mention being extremely naturally strong and training to be able to do so.

Good luck and good training,

Sentoguy[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I have never heard of any of these guys, and none of them returned many hits on google. I can’t really find anything out about them. Are they famous in certain circles?