New Mexico Compound Suspects Allegedly Planned to Attack Atlanta's Grady Hospital

I’ve been keeping up with that, as it’s relatively close to me.

Five adults were hiding and training 11 children and teenagers in what the investigating sheriff called “the filthiest conditions” he’s ever witnessed. All 11 kids were severally malnourished. Several of them had guns or ammo hidden under their clothes, which they voluntarily disclosed to the sheriff. One of the five adults had fled Georgia on a federal warrant and was taken into federal custody.

Here’s where it gets even worse. ALL five of the adults hid the fact that a three-year-old’s remains were buried in a secret tunnel. Some of the kids told investigators the adults performed rituals on the toddler the let him die so he could come back from the grave and lead their attacks. At least one of the adults has close ties to an attempted terror bombing in the 90’s.

And it gets even worse. The Taos judge conducted the evidentiary hearings as if they were a jury trial and she, the judge, was the sole juror. She ruled the four remaining adults weren’t a danger to the community and LET THEM GO with a low so amount, an ankle bracelet, and instructions to meet with their attorney once a week.

And even worse - right after the judge ruled them not dangerous, THE AUTHORITIES BULLDOZED THE COMPOUND. Yes, the authorities destroyed all evidence of the crime scene.

I grew up in NM, but I hadn’t been following this story.

Just horrific.

Yes, it absolutely is. The prosecutors have submitted more info to the judge and requested she reconsider retracting the bond, in light of more crimes.

Even the NM governor has come out with a public statement against the judge’s actions.

1 Like

I would hope they gathered whatever evidence they needed and took enough photographs before bulldozing it. But that’s insane about the judge letting them go. People should vote her out asap.

2 Likes

I’ll have to research who even authorized and carried out such an illegal action as the destruction of evidence.

As for the judge, some are elected, while others are appointed. I’m not sure which she is, but she should be removed from her position.

Depending on the attack, Grady Hospital may not have noticed. It’s perpetual chaos. A little more would probably have gone unnoticed. It’s not like people haven’t shot each other there before.

This lends itself to conspiracy thinking but I have a feeling it’s more about a few officials covering their asses for not doing something about that compound when they first knew something wasn’t right. I suppose that’s still a conspiracy.

1 Like

It could also have been a general public safety measure. Like when fire departments and public works places burn or bulldoze crack houses and known hang outs.

Sometimes you just have to bulldoze those evil shit holes.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t necessary need the physical place as evidence unless it was to walk a jury though it.

1 Like

Razing the compound after all evidence has been collected and all trials have been conducted, including any appeals, might make sense. Quarantining the area so no one can get onto it during the trials also makes sense.

The three-year-old’s remains were found in a secret, hidden tunnel that all five adults refused to disclose. That tells me the area needs to be searched with a fine-toothed comb, sniffing dogs, etc. before the area’s demolished.

I think you’re most likely onto something, @zecarlo. Factor in the judge conducted the preliminary hearing completely wrongly, THEN the compound was bulldozed before more evidence could be found, and the timing of events says they’re hiding something.

In other words, we CAN and should make reasonable deductions, based on the facts. These facts point to officials hiding their actions. We don’t know their motives, but one common motive is they didn’t act when the law required them to, and they’re trying to hide their deeds.

The media and pop culture now often demand we forego critically assessing events when the assessment shows people have hidden motives. Yes, criminals DO conspire - they commit crimes, hide the evidence, and lie about their actions and motives. That’s all a conspiracy is. When a critical assessment reveals the superficial explanation isn’t likely and ulterior motives are at play, society demands we accept the superficial explanation and forego our own logical reasoning. Let’s not give into that unreasonable demand.

Who is they? The govt? Or just the police?

Would you say it has the potential to point somewhere else? Or is that the only logical option?

If you end up at Grady, there are 3 possibilities on how you got there. You are in a gang. You were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or you have a level 1 trauma. In each scenario, the grim-reaper is lurking close behind.

1 Like

Charges were just dismissed against three of the suspects.

That’s an awful specific, detailed threat to be dismissed outright?!
I mean, how many people outside of Atlanta know what the hell Grady Memorial Hospital is?

2 Likes

Oooo, dismissed on a technicality. Somebody’s head is gonna roll. And I mean that in all possible ways.

The police are part of the government, so I’m unsure which type of government agency/department/body you’re asking about.

I was addressing the reasonable deduction stated upthread. Do you see other possible reasonable deductions?

Absolutely VILE that the charges were dismissed. At least some of them still face the felony charge of abuse of a minor resulting in death, but it’s despicable the legal and polictical systems have let those criminals walk.

1 Like

Yes. Also, epically lazy for the DA not to do the most basic of his duties and hence let horrible people out of jail. The whole thing is disturbing.