New Metallica

[quote]vermilion wrote:
De sleeplijn wrote:

This will out sell the black album for sure. Rubens will ensure that it is a master piece.

For sure, eh? The black album is platinum 14 times over, only 25 other albums in music history have topped that. Consider that Metallica’s last three releases combined haven’t sold as well as the black album, I’m comfortable saying there’s no chance in hell they’re ever going to outsell it with a new release.[/quote]

Metallica still has it’s legions of fans. And there are the ones who are a little shitty on the whole thing but, I reckon they would come back with some old school sounds.

I just feel that they have too much pride to put out another album that will get bagged out.

The Black album apparently still sells 5,000,000 copies per annum.

They could’ve stopped after ‘Kill Em All’ and I would have been fine. Great album, and probably my favorite album title of all time.

[quote]De sleeplijn wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:
They’ve become progressively worse with every record after the Black album, IMO.

This one will be a metal masterpiece. They will NOT produce another St Anger style album.

This will out sell the black album for sure. Rubens will ensure that it is a master piece.

A guy like him would know that this is his big chance too with the biggest metal band of all time.
[/quote]

I find this hard to believe but if you are right then that is fucking awesome!

I still listen to S&M for my workouts.
Does anyone fuel ( “gimme fuel gimme fire…” ) their workouts with Metallica, if so which albums do you recomend?

“Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Rock to never never land…”

[quote]helga X wrote:
De sleeplijn wrote:
They will NOT produce another St Anger style album.

I really hope they dont, or if they do, they could at least get a good recording of Lars.

St. Anger has the worst sound quality drumming tracks of any album ever produced.[/quote]

And can we get some guitar solos from Kirk? Seriously. St. Anger blew.

DD

These guys just don’t know when to quit.

helga X wrote:

I really hope they dont, or if they do, they could at least get a good recording of Lars.

St. Anger has the worst sound quality drumming tracks of any album ever produced.

They must have gone for that sound though. After watching Some Kind Of Monster, I often wondered how they would ever get back to the band they were.

The split with Bob Rock was probably a good thing.[/quote]

They most certainly went for thtat sound. It was mentioned in “Some Kind of Monster” that they wanted to do something that they haven’t done. They wanted to put together some shit that they had been banging away behind the scenes and on off time.

They wanted to explore a new avenue of their music. That’s why Lars drums didn’t boom and Kirk didn’t solo. I thought the CD was ok, but it wasn’t true to Metallica. I’m anxious to hear the new album.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
I still listen to S&M for my workouts.
Does anyone fuel ( “gimme fuel gimme fire…” ) their workouts with Metallica, if so which albums do you recomend?
[/quote]

Master of Puppets. The whole album.

“End of passion play,
crumbling away…”

Nothing beats a Metallica concert.[/quote]

Pantera did…
Well, this new album means I get to see Metallica for a third time. :slight_smile: Last time they came with Godsmack. Talk about a show!

I like most Metallica albums, even Load and Reload have their redeeming qualities. “Bleeding Me” is one of my favorite songs ever. Master of Puppets is the greatest metal album ever though, IMO. I’ve listened to it so many times lifting that I can probably play the whole album start to finish in my head.

Rubens will ensure that it is a master piece.

A guy like him would know that this is his big chance too with the biggest metal band of all time.
[/quote]

Yea, Rubin really needs a chance to finally make it…? I’d say Metallica needs Rick Rubin a hell of a lot more than he needs them.

[quote]chewie wrote:
De sleeplijn wrote:
Nothing beats a Metallica concert.

Pantera did…
Well, this new album means I get to see Metallica for a third time. :slight_smile: Last time they came with Godsmack. Talk about a show! [/quote]

I agree. I’ve been to 3 shows and they kick ass live. For the St Anger haters, well you should hear it live. I personally became more of a fan of St Anger after I heard it live.

Also keep in mind that RICK RUBIN is producing this album. Just look at the amount of albums Rubin has produced and they have gone on to be some of the best albums the artists have recorded. Getting Bob Rock out of the picture will make a huge difference.

As for the new song I like it. It actually sounds like a Justice song but with some bass. Lars with the double bass pedal again and Kirk with some solos finally. I do however think that the years of abuse (mostly the black album tour) has taken a toll on Het’s voice.

Even though it isn’t cool anymore because they are “sell outs” went “soft” blah blah blah im still a huge fan and I will surely buy the next album.

Four words. …And Justice For All. Period. Pinacle. Peak. Whatever you wanna say. Black album was good, everything since has suffered.

I honestly like St. Anger better than anything between the black album and it. Production was horrible, but songs were raw and heavy in comparison to Load, Reload, and the likes.

Of course Lightening and Puppets were great. I just kinda wish they’d remix / re-master them today. I’d say it’d be cool to have them re-record them, but not without Cliff. He is a God.

And I loved Garage Days Re-Revisited. Can’t beat the feeling / sound of it, for what it was.

On this new song… I listened to the “other new song.” Sounds like Misfits to me. Very “Glenzig-ish”. And that makes some sense really. We’ll have to wait for a studio version to decide, friends.

I’ve been a big Metallica fan for a long time, and have to say that I’ll wait till I can hear the song better to make my judgement. As long as it’s not the crap that was on Load and Reload I will be happy.

It’s kind of funny seeing people say they’ve been to 3 Metallica shows, I can remember seeing these guys play 1500 seat auditoriums on the Ride the Lightning tour!

can you elaborate on this? just curious

[quote]Blood is Metal wrote:
Four words. …And Justice For All. Period. Pinacle. Peak. Whatever you wanna say. Black album was good, everything since has suffered.

I honestly like St. Anger better than anything between the black album and it. Production was horrible, but songs were raw and heavy in comparison to Load, Reload, and the likes.

Of course Lightening and Puppets were great. I just kinda wish they’d remix / re-master them today. I’d say it’d be cool to have them re-record them, but not without Cliff. He is a God.

And I loved Garage Days Re-Revisited. Can’t beat the feeling / sound of it, for what it was.

On this new song… I listened to the “other new song.” Sounds like Misfits to me. Very “Glenzig-ish”. And that makes some sense really. We’ll have to wait for a studio version to decide, friends.[/quote]

I can see that… definitely got the Misfits sound to it which I think is cool as hell.

My previous post was regarding their other new song. When making reference to it sounding like a AJFA with bass and Het struggling a bit on vocals… His vocals definitely sound better on this one.

Call me old school, but after Kill Em All, Ride The Lighting, Master Of Puppets, I lost any interest in them other then a new song here or there.

Jump In The Fire is one of my all time favorites. A guitar riff like a chainsaw.

D

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Am I the only one here that digs every album they ever put out?
[/quote]

One of a select few I would say. A good song here or there, but as albums everything since the Black Album (not counting Garage Days, which is older) has sucked. I think they’re a pretty classic sellout case, as awesome as their early stuff was.

Why the hate for Load? I really enjoy it. Reload wasn’t as good, but Load was great.

I still don’t understand the “sell-out” jargon. Wouldn’t being a sell-out require Metallica to write songs that get played on the radio?